The Office

Ted Barchetta

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 1 2011, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 31 2011, 06:38 PM)
Yeah, Erin does come off as pretty dumb but she is cute so I can look past it a bit. The fact that she seemed to look to Michael Scott as some kind of father figure shows she's not all there. I guess it makes sense since Michael is an idiot most of the time.

I do think they've missed to boat with Erin's character though. You can see the potential in her character to be able to bring in some good laughs but the writers don't seem to want to tap into it more.

I just want them to get rid of her. The 'funny' things she does are just cringe-worthy to me. I mean most of the time it's her embarrassing herself by being so stupid.

Also I've kinda been out of the loop, who's replacing Michael again?

Yet, you're perfectly fine with Michael Scott doing the same thing for seven seasons? laugh.gif

He had more cringe worthy moments than anybody and is just as stupid in most situtations as Erin is.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 2 2011, 10:35 AM)
Yeah, Erin does come off as pretty dumb but she is cute so I can look past it a bit. The fact that she seemed to look to Michael Scott as some kind of father figure shows she's not all there. I guess it makes sense since Michael is an idiot most of the time.

I do think they've missed to boat with Erin's character though. You can see the potential in her character to be able to bring in some good laughs but the writers don't seem to want to tap into it more.

I just want them to get rid of her. The 'funny' things she does are just cringe-worthy to me. I mean most of the time it's her embarrassing herself by being so stupid.

Yet, you're perfectly fine with Michael Scott doing the same thing for seven seasons? laugh.gif

He had more cringe worthy moments than anybody and is just as stupid in most situtations as Erin is.

But I think the way Michael plays it is so uncomfortable it gets funny - especially that dinner party episode.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 2 2011, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 2 2011, 10:35 AM)

But I think the way Michael plays it is so uncomfortable it gets funny - especially that dinner party episode.

Yeah, I agree. Michael does it in a way that you feel so uncomfortable you laugh. Erin just makes you feel uncomfortable...period.

I don't know what it is about her, but I think she's hot.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5648/mindykalingtheoffice873.jpg

Edited by Khan

I can't believe The Office got snubbed at the Emmy's this year...I like Modern Family and whatnot, but It should have gotten at least one for writing or something.

And Steve Carell getting snubbed upsets me more than anything. He deserved that emmy. He acted his heart out last season. It's especially upsetting considering he hasn't won one as Michael Scott ever, in these past 6 years.

Ugh. Stupid award shows.

angry.gif

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Sep 19 2011, 01:19 AM)
I can't believe The Office got snubbed at the Emmy's this year...I like Modern Family and whatnot, but It should have gotten at least one for writing or something.

And Steve Carell getting snubbed upsets me more than anything. He deserved that emmy. He acted his heart out last season. It's especially upsetting considering he hasn't won one as Michael Scott ever, in these past 6 years.

Ugh. Stupid award shows.

angry.gif

Are you serious? The writting last season was terrible. Easily the worst season the show has had. They didn't deserve to be nominated or win anything. Unless there's a catagory for "best way to flush a great show down the toilet" then sure they can get that wink.gif

The acting was fine last year. But the actors could only do so much when they were given garbage to work with. You know the writting is crap when a cast as talented as this one can't even make the season memorable or make you wanna watch it again. It picked up for the last few epsiodes but that was it.

This season will probably be the last one. Most sitcoms don't fair too well when they lose their top, long time cast member.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 19 2011, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Sep 19 2011, 01:19 AM)

Ugh. Stupid award shows.

angry.gif

Are you serious? The writting last season was terrible. Easily the worst season the show has had. They didn't deserve to be nominated or win anything. Unless there's a catagory for "best way to flush a great show down the toilet" then sure they can get that wink.gif

The acting was fine last year. But the actors could only do so much when they were given garbage to work with. You know the writting is crap when a cast as talented as this one can't even make the season memorable or make you wanna watch it again. It picked up for the last few epsiodes but that was it.

This season will probably be the last one. Most sitcoms don't fair too well when they lose their top, long time cast member.

What about when Opie left Happy Days? Ted McGinley really boosted that show... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Khan @ Sep 23 2011, 09:39 AM)
planking

I assume this craze was made up for the show and not some craze in real life????

Also, I thought Gabe was gone.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Sep 23 2011, 02:48 PM)
planking

I assume this craze was made up for the show and not some craze in real life????

Also, I thought Gabe was gone.

No, it's actually a real fad believe it or not. Somebody actually posted about this over in Random Samples a few months ago. I never heard of it before that.

I thought it was funny the ways that Dwight came up with to stop everyone from planking. The rest of the episode was decent and not surprisingly, James Spader makes a good addition to the show.

But Andy as manager? Seriously? confused13.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 23 2011, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Sep 23 2011, 03:48 PM)
planking

is this a serious post?

Yes. Never heard of planking.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Sep 25 2011, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 23 2011, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Sep 23 2011, 03:48 PM)
planking

is this a serious post?

Yes. Never heard of planking.

http://www.planking.me/

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 30 2011, 09:14 AM)
Last night I felt was worse than the opener. Too much Andy. The whole "how do we increase business pow-wow" was just annoying

It was an OK episode. Honestly, I don't miss Michael Scott at all so far. They've done a good enough job building up the rest of the cast through the years that it seems a bit different without him but not so much that it turns you off from the show.

Once again in this episode Jim shows why he should without a doubt be the manager. Andy is clueless and Jim knows exactly how to run things.

Also, when Jim mentioned to Andy about getting leads to increase sales why didn't Andy try and call Cornell and get them to be their paper provider? It seemed to me like an obvious thing to do.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 30 2011, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 30 2011, 09:14 AM)
Last night I felt was worse than the opener. Too much Andy. The whole "how do we increase business pow-wow" was just annoying

It was an OK episode. Honestly, I don't miss Michael Scott at all so far. They've done a good enough job building up the rest of the cast through the years that it seems a bit different without him but not so much that it turns you off from the show.

Once again in this episode Jim shows why he should without a doubt be the manager. Andy is clueless and Jim knows exactly how to run things.

Also, when Jim mentioned to Andy about getting leads to increase sales why didn't Andy try and call Cornell and get them to be their paper provider? It seemed to me like an obvious thing to do.

If you remember from back a while ago, Sales gets paid more than the manager if they sell well, maybe he likes making the sales $ and is content being the puppet master smile.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 13 2011, 08:10 PM)
I don't know who made the decision to make Andy the manager and put more focus on him but he's freaking annoying and I could care less about him as a major character.

I feel a shark jump coming soon.

I agree about Andy. He doesn't even get top billing in the opening credits which should tell you what the show thinks about him.

Why is Gabe still around? Has he ever brought anything to the show at all?

As for the shark jump, last season was so bland an uneventful up until Michael left you could say most of the season was indeed that. But I believe the jump was made loud and clear this season with Andy getting the management job over Jim.

Hell, I would've made Pam the maganger before Andy. Plus, that would've given us more chances to se her cute face wink.gif

last night's episode left me unimpressed, but that's probably because i was watching it in between Community and Parks and Rec, which are the two greatest things to happen to TV in a while. Although I will say that Jim's book was hilarious, and the closing sequence was brilliant.

Another one bites the dust.

Nice to see Michael make an appearance, wish he would been more a part of the show though. I thought it was time, but there were some great episodes along the way.