Friday the 13th

circumstantial tree

I've been watching the various sequels on AMC this week. Boy those have not aged well at all!

I think the first two are all that I would watch, the rest just aren't interesting.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 22 2010, 07:20 PM)
I've been watching the various sequels on AMC this week. Boy those have not aged well at all!

I think the first two are all that I would watch, the rest just aren't interesting.

Aside from the first one, I didn't think any of them were all that interesting or good when they were first released.

no.gif They have not aged well at all.

My older brother and his friend used to watch these movies when my parents weren't around back in the 80s when I was a kid. It was fine back then to be honest. Just a mindless blood and guts slasher series that was fun entertainment for a young kid. But since i've grown up the films don't do anything for me. When I watch it now I actually laugh at the way Jason kills people. It's so bad and cheesy it's funny.

I'll take A Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween 1&2 and Hellrasier over any of the Friday The 13ths.

There was another horror movie that came out at the same time as Friday the 13th in 1980 called "The Children". It's interesting to hear the similar background music since both film scores were written by the same guy. When you watch "The Children" you can definitely hear the same background music.