la villa

Snow-Dog2112

So awesome:) problems always start when on "Far Cry", when the circuits blow.. Btw, who is Alex's guitar tech on this tour, same pros as usual on stage right or..? Scott Appleton i suppose is new man on stage right. So who's to blame, then..new man or technology. It would be so interesting to read Alex's answer to that, how it felt there on stage at that very moment..(which lasted on two songs). c'est la vie.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 17 2010, 05:43 PM)
It would be a travesty if the bootleg from that show wasn't called "Guess what, still no guitar"

That was from the Boston show, and yes, one of the bootlegs from that show was called Still No Guitar wink.gif I know cause my buddy taped it and we listened to it on the way home from the show that night lol You can get it on Dime smile.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Oct 18 2010, 05:29 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 17 2010, 05:43 PM)
It would be a travesty if the bootleg from that show wasn't called "Guess what, still no guitar"

That was from the Boston show, and yes, one of the bootlegs from that show was called Still No Guitar wink.gif I know cause my buddy taped it and we listened to it on the way home from the show that night lol You can get it on Dime smile.gif

Damn right LSM laugh.gif That was great to witness

Seeing it back now really brings up some memories!!

TIME STAND STILL!!!!!!!!! fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

*After Geddy starts playing a little improv guitar synth line*

Alex: What the hell is that?

I love how they can just continue and make it seem awesome.

2.gif ForeveR!!!!

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Oct 22 2010, 05:35 PM)
seeing that live was hillarious

I totally wish I was there.

So jealous.... rage.gif

I think, more than anything else, what I'm getting from this is...

...they still love doing this. It's so great to see in a band that's been around for this long. If there's going to be a live album from this tour, I hope they put this on a bonus disc or something smile.gif

If that had been Guns and Roses, or any one of another bunch of bands, Alex would have thrown down his guitar and walked off the stage.

The fact that he didn't is part of what makes this band so awesome! smile.gif

That was Pretty Slick to improvise that quick and make it a Memorable concert experience!!!! 2.gif

QUOTE (OldRod @ Oct 25 2010, 09:09 AM)
If that had been Guns and Roses, or any one of another bunch of bands, Alex would have thrown down his guitar and walked off the stage.

The fact that he didn't is part of what makes this band so awesome! smile.gif

In 10 plus years of playing shows averaging 3-4 bands per show, I have seen my share of technical mishaps and blown up equipment... I have never seen a band throw down instruments and / or walk offstage.

I have seen delays of up to about an hour, because it just wasn't working, but never have I seen a band stop and refuse to continue if they had viable options available to them.

QUOTE (curtis12 @ Oct 17 2010, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Oct 17 2010, 09:14 AM)
still no guitar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mbYzM8axo&feature=related

...but then Alex comes back with a vengeance and rocks "La Villa" like nothing happened!!!! That's what I call CLASS!!! 653.gif

Absolute classic! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

"Still... no.. guitar!"

Hahaha! As much as I love a clean show it would've been hysterical to see that live. (Nice video quality, btw.) Anyways yeah, go Rush for being able to take that in stride and improvise a freaking song(/hoedown?) in the middle of a show, no less! And then they transitioned perfectly into "La Villa".

Lerxst makes me laugh. xD