NHL 2010-11 season

blackhawkrush

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have to give a lot of credit to the Sharks for playing one hell of a game and making the Canucks pay for every mistake, to be honest it probably would have been over in regulation if the Canucks hadn't taken so many phenomenally stupid penalties. That Burrows one at the end that led to the tying goal was unbelievably bad, especially since he's such a vital part of the PK.

Still, that was possibly the most exciting game I've watched all season. Possible Conference Finals preview? I sure hope so.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 11 2011, 12:00 PM)
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03...-komisarek-hit/

That's great stuff! I expected the article to be blank with a headline like that.

It's a good site. Thanks, Bruce!

By the way, I was at that website and came across this:

Yes, that's ole number 67 in white-Pacioretty seeing the letters of Mark Eaton and doesn't hold up. He hits him hard from behind. So, why is it that Air Canada (based out of Montreal), the Montreal police, and Molson (owner of the Habs) are calling foul now? This enrages me more because not only did Air Canada do or say nothing when Savard was hit or here when Eaton was hit, or any other hit. NO, they say something when the amazing Canadiens have an accident happen.

Now, I was expecting a suspension. I didn't think he deserves one and I'm okay with a fine. However, the stupid craziness that ensues in the aftermath is crazy.

I'm assuming everyone has seen unaltered footage (meaning the Montreal media hasn't cut parts out). I was watching this game. I saw both Chara and Pacioretty going for a loose puck. The puck went a little to far out of Chara's reach and he tried to get it. He had to make a quick decision which was take a shorter route while rubbing Pacioretty out of the play (since the puck wasn't close, this would be interference). Chara made a little push (something of his size means quite a bit) and skated on. Just after Pacioretty hits the ice, Gomez comes up to Chara and Chara looked back to see what happened. There was no malice involved nor was there an actual hit. It was a push to slow Pacioretty.

Anywhere else on the ice (including about 6 inches forward or backward) and this is a nothing play. But it didn't turn out that way and anything Canadien is crying foul when truly they, themselves, are hypocrits.

It's time Air Canada shuts up and thanks the NHL for their patronage. It's time Pacioretty realizes that he is guilty of worse. It's time the Montreal police say that it's the NHL's jurisdiction and find true perpetrators. It's time Molson stops whining how his team was hurt by this when his team do the same thing.

It's a dumb thing for all those making a spectacle of how Chara went out of his way to hurt Pacioretty. It's time to realize what's done is done and to move on....

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 11 2011, 03:58 PM)
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=357561

That's just adding fuel to a Montreal fire. Most of the Montreal fans are assuming that because Colin Campbell's son, Greg, plays for the B's, that Chara got off free. Now, adding to this (which was last November) just means that they are really trying hard to find everything to apparently make sure Chara doesn't play for the rest of the year (which would benefit Montreal). Seems like just sour grapes and poor sportsmanship on the part of Montreal. They should be more worried about the player and making the playoffs rather than going after everyone involved with this. It's done. They need to let it go.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 11 2011, 03:58 PM)
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=357561

So, NESN finds a piece of video from the LA Kings/Blue Jackets game tonight. Umberger has some distance (way more than Chara) and actually hits the LA King. The player slides a little bit and his face hits the stanchion. The video looked like he was bleeding a little but he was skating.

This play was far worse than the Chara/Pacioretty incident so this really should end any question regarding Chara. Air Canada needs to drop the stupid antics as well as the Montreal police and media. Time to change those danger areas opposed to going after a player.

Pat Hickey from the Montreal Gazette asked what Chara was doing in the Neutral zone....um, hello? the puck was going through there and both he and Pacioretty were going for the puck.

You'd think that a beat writer from the Montreal Gazette would know how hockey is played. I'd expect a reply like this from the southern teams lik Phoenix or Tampa Bay, not Montreal. It's very unbecoming and makes him look exceedingly stupid.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Mar 12 2011, 10:02 AM)
Okay, never mind. I just remembered that, based on the NHL's suspension process, Chara's in the clear as a superstar.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4093950458_03e4645497_o.gif

From Down Goes Brown.

I don't really consider Chara a superstar though. Ovechkin, Crosbsy-Yes. Chara? Nah. Damn good defenseman though. Still, this chart is funny!

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 12 2011, 04:32 PM)
Nice fight! Talbot holds his own against the ape Mara. biggrin.gif

Mara? An ape? I never really thought of him that way. LOL

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 12 2011, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 12 2011, 04:32 PM)
Nice fight!  Talbot holds his own against the ape Mara. biggrin.gif

Mara? An ape? I never really thought of him that way. LOL

Compared to Talbot he is... giant ape.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2011, 09:38 PM)
Caps hang tough and win another one applaudit.gif

7 straight now and 9 of 10.

40 save performance by Holtby notworthy.gif

1022.gif

Bring on the Hawks! 1287.gif

You're overdue for a loss. 1287.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Mar 12 2011, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2011, 09:38 PM)
Caps hang tough and win another one  applaudit.gif

7 straight now and 9 of 10.

40 save performance by Holtby  notworthy.gif

1022.gif 

Bring on the Hawks!  1287.gif

You're overdue for a loss. 1287.gif

And the Blackhawks are overdue for a win rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Sorry you set yourself up for that one - As much as I like the Caps you know i'm pulling for the Blackhawks - trink39.gif