Skate Thread

southernjim

I've attempted getting on a board maybe two times in my life, and I miserably failed both times. laugh.gif I'm still somewhat interested in it, but it's more like a very, very casual spectator's view. I did watch the X-Games with a bit more interest this summer. It's pretty much too late now to learn, and I kind of wish I had gotten interested in skateboarding when I was younger.

edit: glad to see you back, Jim trink39.gif

I love to skate. Cant do the cool tricks like my 13 year old son, but we have a few new skate parks around town we like to visit. He feels like a tool cause I make him wear a helmet. But then I wear a helmet too. I have an assortment of boards, just NEVER buy a wal-mart board. Cheap peices of crapp!

I came in late to skating during my mid-20s but I was determined to master the ollie if nothing else, as most tricks stemmed from it. Once I got them pretty high on the move and cruised around for a bit I thought I'd quit while I was ahead. Great way to work out during the summers hitting the schools...must've sweated buckets. Sold the pro-board off ages back so just a distant memory now sad.gif

I know a few TRFers skate as I started a similar thread. Keep-a-rollin then all the skaters here trink39.gif

I did it from the age of 10 up to about 14 . I loved it. If i did it now, i would break a hip laugh.gif

Archived