think this tour will make it to dvd?

2112freak

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 10 2010, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 9 2010, 03:49 PM)
Pittsburgh? Interesting. Rush in Pennsylvania...you don't get more Rock n Roll than that...

laugh.gif

I'd buy this DVD for TCE and that latest drum solo alone. Neil's solo had my jaw on the ground. Best freakin' solo I've ever seen him do. And I've seen a lot.

I agree! I'm not ordinarily a fan of extended drum solos. Even Neil's tend to lose my interest at times, but this one is electrifying all the way through. It had me slack-jaw mesmerised at both the gigs I've been to this year. I am much looking forward to hearing it again in Pittsburgh next week! Ditto on The Camera Eye, which is my "I never liked this song before, what was wrong with me?" song from this tour.

Pittsburgh filming would be great because I will be there with one of my sons (age 13) and this is his first Rush show!

@Tick - I agree - I had heard a comment from Geddy (somewhere??) that he said they would produce a DVD with every tour from here out because it was an easy production to do.

2.gif THIS WEEK IN PITT!!

Hopefully, Neil's ear infection ( rumored ) has cleared up by now and he's no longer wearing the headphones that he was using for the last few weeks.

In fact, as I'd understood it, the Columbus show was to be filmed, but with Neil's ear problems, and with him having had the headphones on, they scrapped the idea, and decided to film Pittsburgh instead.

It'll be interesting to see whether he's wearing them in Boston tonight... if not, let's hope that's a good sign leading into Thursday.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 10 2010, 06:25 PM)
Ditto on The Camera Eye, which is my "I never liked this song before, what was wrong with me?" song from this tour.

LOL... I'm hoping for that too... it happened with Mystic Rhythms in '04 and Ghost Of A Chance on '07 cool.gif

Well, I do like Camera Eye, but it's always been #7 on MP for me.

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

Sure! Why not! It's the funniest Rush concert yet!

As Geddy put it at the 1st Chicago concert..."Welcome to the stupidest show on earth!"

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif common001.gif joker.gif 2funny.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Sep 14 2010, 08:54 PM)
Hopefully, Neil's ear infection ( rumored ) has cleared up by now and he's no longer wearing the headphones that he was using for the last few weeks.

In fact, as I'd understood it, the Columbus show was to be filmed, but with Neil's ear problems, and with him having had the headphones on, they scrapped the idea, and decided to film Pittsburgh instead.

It'll be interesting to see whether he's wearing them in Boston tonight... if not, let's hope that's a good sign leading into Thursday.

Apparently he wore the headphones last night. I wonder what that means about filming on Thursday.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Sep 15 2010, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Sep 14 2010, 08:54 PM)

Apparently he wore the headphones last night. I wonder what that means about filming on Thursday.

i hope I'm wrong, but given the fact that neil is still wearing them, I'm thinking they might not film. In fact, given that the gig in Boston suffered through maybe their worst technical challenges to date on this tour, I can't imagine how they could be confident going into Pittsburgh with a film crew....

Alex loses his guitar around the 3:08 mark...

and goes on to rant about it ( still no guitar )