Hello from Bonnie Scotland

FoxxiStarr

Hi everybody bekloppt.gif

I'm new to the site so thought I'd post to say hello. I'm Jackie (aka Foxxi) and I've been a Rush fan for 34 years despite their lack of touring over here laugh.gif You guys in North America don't know how lucky you are!

I'm originally from Dundee but now living in rural Southern Scotland in Dumfries. There is nothing to do here ... really... it's all cows and sheep wacko.gif I'm only here because I teach Performing Arts, and I love that.

Really looking forward to joining in with everyone here, but especially you New World Women. Hopefully might actually get to meet a few of you some day too biggrin.gif

Hey! I love Scotland! wub.gif (Although, I haven't been to Dumfries or Dundee. Just Aberdeenshire and Edinburgh)

Welcome! bekloppt.gif

Rhi here; bekloppt.gif Hello from New Hampshire!!

Welcome to the board and to the TRF Sisterhood!

Sister~Mine LSM (Lakeside Maiden) will be sure to make your aquaintance. She managed to make it to Scotland on her honeymoon for her first marriage. (bout the only good thing to come from that & I know she'll agree lol) I'm still wishing myself there. wub.gif

At least I work with a gentleman from just outside Glasgow; so I can hear the brogue at work. (I know, I probably sound like an idiot; but LSM & I both have wanted to go there since we were little.)

Good day, Foxxi! bekloppt.gif Welcome to the madness!! We are a roudy bunch at times, but don't let that put you off! I see you are a Lerxst Gal. I, myself, am a Geddy Gal (poor Alex! I am pretty sure he sensed who my favorite was when I met them last Saturday! I LOVE YOU TOO, LERXST!!). Some of us "swing both ways," and can be found posting in both the Geddy and Alex threads (oh, and even sneaking off for a little Pratt hotness, too!).

Anywho, it's not just about the hotness, either. We all genuinely love the music as well. That is first. The hotness? Well, that's just the icing on the cake! drool1.gif

Good day, Foxxi! bekloppt.gif Welcome to the madness!! We are a roudy bunch at times, but don't let that put you off! I see you are a Lerxst Gal. I, myself, am a Geddy Gal (poor Alex! I am pretty sure he sensed who my favorite was when I met them last Saturday! I LOVE YOU TOO, LERXST!!). Some of us "swing both ways," and can be found posting in both the Geddy and Alex threads (oh, and even sneaking off for a little Pratt hotness, too!).

Anywho, it's not just about the hotness, either. We all genuinely love the music as well. That is first. The hotness? Well, that's just the icing on the cake! drool1.gif

Hello Rhi biggrin.gif

As much as I complain about living in a country that has enough water to send to the Third World, it IS incredibly beautiful. I live in the rural Southwest, which is pretty but not a patch on the Highlands. You'll make it one day! Save up and come party with the Scots in Glasgow when the band play here next. You won't forget that in a hurry!

Rushchick - hi! bekloppt.gif

I absolutely agree that the music comes first with this band ... I wouldn't still be here after 34 years of fandom if it wasn't BUT the fact that they're also eye candy is the icing on the cake. Oh I'm being all sensible just now cos I'm a newbie - still Finding My Way - but I can get as rowdy as anyone when it comes to the boys 653.gif

Yes, I'm a Lerxst girl to the core but lately have been having Ged stirrings too ... he looks GOOOOOD right now

Anyways, lovely to meet you both trink39.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Aug 18 2010, 02:51 PM)
Hello Rhi biggrin.gif

As much as I complain about living in a country that has enough water to send to the Third World, it IS incredibly beautiful. I live in the rural Southwest, which is pretty but not a patch on the Highlands. You'll make it one day! Save up and come party with the Scots in Glasgow when the band play here next. You won't forget that in a hurry!

Rushchick - hi! bekloppt.gif

I absolutely agree that the music comes first with this band ... I wouldn't still be here after 34 years of fandom if it wasn't BUT the fact that they're also eye candy is the icing on the cake. Oh I'm being all sensible just now cos I'm a newbie - still Finding My Way - but I can get as rowdy as anyone when it comes to the boys 653.gif

Yes, I'm a Lerxst girl to the core but lately have been having Ged stirrings too ... he looks GOOOOOD right now

Anyways, lovely to meet you both trink39.gif

Oh, Geddy was SMOKIN' HAWT on Saturday! I am sure that the ladies around here are tired of hearing about it, but I hugged him! **SQUEEEEEEL**

Oh, and he was sweet too. And Alex...well, he seemed really tired, but he still gave me that brilliant Lerxst smile right before I hugged him! wub.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Aug 18 2010, 03:04 PM)
God you're so lucky to have met them. I would happily give my eye teeth to get to a M&G just to say thanks to them... *sigh*

Yeah, it was pretty freaking awesome! There were SO MANY PEOPLE there for the M&G (Michael Mosbach told me 52!!) that there wasn't much time to talk. All I was really able to do was give them hugs, then tell Geddy thank you. Didn't get to elaborate on the "thank you" (I wanted to tell them both, and really make sure they knew that I meant "thank you" for the music and the inspiration!), but it was cool anyway. Hopefully I can do that again, and be able to take a minute or two to chat with them.

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Aug 18 2010, 01:47 PM)
There is nothing to do here ... really... it's all cows and sheep wacko.gif

THERE WILL BE NO DISRESPECTING SHEEP WHILE I'M AROUND!!!!!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

It's a long story...welcome to the forum.....The more Scots the better I say...feel free to steal my sig and wear it with pride laugh.gif

Welcome! Enjoy your stay. It just keeps getting better around here.

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Aug 18 2010, 08:44 PM)
Welcome to TRF from down here in good old England! biggrin.gif Enjoy posting! biggrin.gif

Do all the British Rush fans like to live in Scotland...?  unsure.gif Great country, I wouldn't blame yas!

laugh.gif Might be something to do with the scenery AND it being party central! Nice to meet ya ADFR

Hi Gompers - thank you for the welcome! Love it here already

Hi there Jackie from the east of England! bekloppt.gif I hope you enjoy yourself on TRF! I'm Mary, by the way. smile.gif