FREEZE IV

crazygeo

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 11 2010, 07:02 AM)
I love Freeze. It's one of the highlights of Vapor Trails, in an album beset with plenty of forgettable stuff IMO.

As an aside, I find it amusing some of you commenting on how you find Freeze to be so different musically. I guess the fact that it was written 18 years after the previous installment of the Fear series has nothing at all to do with it. laugh.gif

That has nothing to do with it. They've released some great material lately. It's just a piss poor song.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Aug 11 2010, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 11 2010, 07:02 AM)
I love Freeze.  It's one of the highlights of Vapor Trails, in an album beset with plenty of forgettable stuff IMO.

As an aside, I find it amusing some of you commenting on how you find Freeze to be so different musically.  I guess the fact that it was written 18 years after the previous installment of the Fear series has nothing at all to do with it. laugh.gif

That has nothing to do with it. They've released some great material lately. It's just a piss poor song.

In YOUR opinion.

Obviously everyone has different tastes, but I love this song. It is very technical & very difficult to play. The drum part is very difficult (I am a drummer), so I gotta respect this song. Even in the beginning when Neil is playing odd rythms on the hi-hat & ride cymbal is very difficult. I love the dark feel to it.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 10 2010, 02:52 PM)
it doesn't hold a candle to the any of the original three parts of the 'Fear Triology'. Not even close.

Amen brother

Vapor Trails is one of my favorite post-GUP albums, but Freeze isn't one of my faves. This song is so understated or underperformed. It is a cool song, but Alex's guitars are so weak on it. Maybe thats what they going for, a more laid back feel. The other songs are so much thicker (lots of layering, I know).

Archived