Rediscovered Rush songs

losingit2k

I used to hate Red Lenses as well but then I got over my whole "stereo typical 'Its not heavy enough' stupid rock fan mindset and now I like it alot. Which is pretty much what happened to me with everything after Moving Pictures until Counterparts, but then I got my head out of my butt and now I love all that stuff! Me and my buddy were the only one going nuts in our entire row when Marathon came on! haha

pretty much everything post-Signals. I gave up after that album, came back due to my boy's (age 6) interest in the old stuff motivated me to take him to a show this tour. listened to everything since and probably now enjoy the newer stuff more than the old (recognizing that the old is nonetheless classic stuff).

vapor trails stands out for me - love the tune ceiling unlimited - it's like a heavy u2 song with way better playing & energy.

QUOTE (cheech44 @ Aug 10 2010, 10:45 AM)
pretty much everything post-Signals. I gave up after that album, came back due to my boy's (age 6) interest in the old stuff motivated me to take him to a show this tour. listened to everything since and probably now enjoy the newer stuff more than the old (recognizing that the old is nonetheless classic stuff).

vapor trails stands out for me - love the tune ceiling unlimited - it's like a heavy u2 song with way better playing & energy.

I still can't get into much after Moving Pictures. Only a few songs here and there stand out to me, like Digital Man, Kid Gloves, Time Stand Still, maybe a couple off of Counterparts, not not a whole lot else. My music taste is 10,000% wider than it was in the early 80's when I pretty much only listened to progressive rock. Somehow, even with my wider perspective, later eras of Rush still don't sound very interesting to me overall. Their synth period at least featured some kind of song structure, but the last several albums...wow, I just don't get the appeal.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 5 2010, 10:40 PM)
I was listending to older stuff and came across Chemistry. I used to hate this song when it came out! Now after listening to it about 30 years later. The songs kicks some serious @ss! Alex's little pattern on the intro is awesome not to mention the bass line!

Do you have songs which you might have rediscovered in similar fashion?

trink39.gif

To be honest, when Signals came out I was entering my twin axe heavy metal years of music and as Rush went more synthetic with the keyboard sound after Signals, I never really "got" Signals as a full album beyond New World Man and Subdivisions. As I've aged and my ability to accept and understand many of the sounds and bands of the 80's that I tossed aside, I really really really like ALL of Signals and especially Chemistry

I didn't care too much for Between the Wheels before the S&A tour. The repetitive intro got on my nerves a bit. Also hate the intro to Necromancer so much that I would skip it, some great music is buried in there after that goofy intro.