Hardest Rush to get into.

PeWaves1979

i'd have to say just about everything after Signals. I can listen to it but I cant really get into the albums enough to want to listen to on a daily basis. I can listen to everything from every album between '74 to '82. i do however listen to Distant Early Warning and Time Stand Still as much as the rest, just not the albums that they're on.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jul 30 2010, 10:18 AM)
Yeah, I know... but I just think Xanadu is boring. I prefer the shortened version they've done live more recently.

Yeah, Xanadu really isn't the amazing song people make it out to be. I still love it though.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jul 30 2010, 07:34 AM)
VT
Still not into it.

I still don't like VT. I initially found 2112, Farewell to Kings and P Waves hard to get into. But now I love 'em all. The period of Power Windows - Counterparts is my favorite. I love all those albums; those are my high school-college years albums.

Test 4 Echo, VT, SA - not so much.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 30 2010, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jul 30 2010, 10:18 AM)
Yeah, I know... but I just think Xanadu is boring.  I prefer the shortened version they've done live more recently.

Yeah, Xanadu really isn't the amazing song people make it out to be. I still love it though.

dazed025.gif

I don't think there's any Rush that I have had a hard time getting into. The first time I heard every album, I loved them.

It's just that some albums didn't have longevity with me. A lot of albums hit me, I loved them, then I moved on. Power Windows was like that... so were the first 4 albums.

Hemispheres took being a performing musician to fully appreciate the insane arrangements and whatnot on the album.

It also took me a while to "get" how incredibly fresh Moving Pictures is.

I hated Power Windows for a long time, but once I saw Mystic Rhythms done live on R30, I finally understood the rest of the album. Same with Grace Under Pressure, except replace Mystic Rhythms with Between the Wheels.

Vapor Trails took very long to appreciate. Now I love it.

The rest grew on me pretty much immediately.

Archived