How tall is Geddy?

cygnus_thegodofbalance

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I got to go to a M&G On Saturday (Oh, did I mention that? Must have slipped my mind! cool.gif ) and I can put the debate to rest!

http://01ed31a.netsolhost.com/timemachine/shows/show20/DSC0027.jpg

Geddy is roughly about the same height as my husband, give or take a bit. My husband is 5'11" (give or take a bit! tongue.gif ). I am 5'3" (on a good day!) and have boots on with about an inch and a half heal. Geddy is bending down close to me (wub.gif b_sigh.gif ).

So, no taller than 6', but no shorter than 5'10".

I'm as tall as Neil.

*MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

QUOTE (RushNut @ Aug 18 2010, 12:22 PM)
....but how tall is he lying down?

Unfortunately, I can't give a report on that. Maybe another time... bolt.gif

I've met Geddy, and he was a lot shorter than me (I'm 6"0'). He must be around 5"7'. I've also talked face to face with Alex, and he was a little bit shorter than me (Maybe 5"10'), and the only time I met Neil, he was a little bit taller than me, but not as tall as my friend who was 6"4' wacko.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 27 2010, 12:07 AM)
dude Geddy is not 5'11". He's a pretty short guy, I'd say maybe 5'7" or 5'8" at the most.

yes.gif

In photos I seriously sometimes think they stand him on something. When you see them live, there's just no way he's that tall. I've spent an unseemly amount of time thinking about how I am taller than him (I'm just shy of 5'10") so I had better be right, dad nabbit.

QUOTE (Kugel @ Sep 13 2010, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 27 2010, 12:07 AM)
dude Geddy is not 5'11". He's a pretty short guy, I'd say maybe 5'7" or 5'8" at the most.

yes.gif

In photos I seriously sometimes think they stand him on something. When you see them live, there's just no way he's that tall. I've spent an unseemly amount of time thinking about how I am taller than him (I'm just shy of 5'10") so I had better be right, dad nabbit.

Seriously, when I met him and gave him a hug, it was about like hugging my husband, height wise. My husband is 5'10 or 5'11"

So, somewhere in that neighborhood is a safe guess. In my M&G photo, I have about a one inch heal (maybe even a little more) on the boots I am wearing, and he is leaned down next to me, and still makes me look super-short (which, I am - 5'3" barefoot).

blah.gif Wanna know the truth about height once and for all? 'Cos I'll tell y'all a secret that I have discovered through in all my many years of concert-going and front-row standing and meet-and-greets and waiting-by-the-back-stage-door-to-catch-a-glimpse...

In real life, Rockers are always smaller in person than they appear to be on stage. The magic happens when a musical instrument and/or microphone is put in the hands of a musician, especially, the highly talented musicians...

Now, combine and mix well with lights, fog smoke, amps/soundgear and a horde of behind the scenes roadies and techs. ... The musicians are transform into gigantic, bigger-than-life Rock Gods.

Then the show ends, the giant Rock Gods step off the lighted, smokey stage, hand their instruments over to their techs and slowly shrink down to mere mortal size. coy.gifb_sigh.gif

It's true, really... th1245.gif

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Sep 13 2010, 05:56 PM)
blah.gif Wanna know the truth about height once and for all? 'Cos I'll tell y'all a secret that I have discovered through in all my many years of concert-going and front-row standing and meet-and-greets and waiting-by-the-back-stage-door-to-catch-a-glimpse...

In real life, Rockers are always smaller in person than they appear to be on stage. The magic happens when a musical instrument and/or microphone is put in the hands of a musician, especially, the highly talented musicians...
Now, combine and mix well with lights, fog smoke, amps/soundgear and a horde of behind the scenes roadies and techs. ... The musicians are transform into gigantic, bigger-than-life Rock Gods.
Then the show ends, the giant Rock Gods step off the lighted, smokey stage, hand their instruments over to their techs and slowly shrink down to mere mortal size. coy.gifb_sigh.gif

It's true, really... th1245.gif

Bruce Dickinson speaks a lot about this effect in 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey'...He gives up all the little tips and tricks that make the lead singer appear larger than life up there on stage.

On a different tip, this whole convo makes me think of a High School Gym Coach who used to always tell the smaller guys that they were "...five-foot-nuthin' and maybe 100 pounds soaking wet." That guys' demoralizing pep speaches will forever be etched on my mind.

Archived