How is this not a "time machine tour" if...

QUOTE (pratt53 @ Jul 22 2010, 03:14 PM)
The gripes aren't just about older songs or not touching certain albums, it's about song selection and comments coming from the band to suggest that they would take the opportunity to do something different this summer.

There are just certain sings that fans are sick of seeing or at least tired of seeing. And not just people who have seen them for 30 years, but those who have seen them since the 2002 return. If you went to the shows and bought the DVD's, you've seen live performances of certain songs dozens of time if not more. And there are so many clips of recent live performances on youtube to take into account as well.

Songs like LTTA and Freewill fall into that category. And then the encore. LA Villa and Working Man were done on both the VT and R30 tours and are on DVD and youtube. It just isn't fresh or exciting for most and that's what you want in a live show.

They can keep "Freewill" and "La Villa" coming on every tour as far as I'm concerned. 1022.gif

Every Rush show is a great show.

They also comes it with "however"s from everone based on their likes.

The Mohegan Sun show was awesome,

however I would have liked

Chemistry or The Weapon instead of Subdivisions

Jacob's Ladder instead of Free Will

Cut To The Chase instead of Stick It Out

Cinderella Man instead of La Villa Strangiato.

And In The End instead of Working Man, or in between LVS and WM.

Thought we might get Bastille Day in there too.

But what can you do, they give themselves so much time, which means only so many songs.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jul 22 2010, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 22 2010, 04:20 PM)
They can keep "Freewill" and "La Villa" coming on every tour as far as I'm concerned.  1022.gif

goodpost.gif

In fact, I would rather see these become the 'staples' over The Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer personally. yes.gif

trink39.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Middle Kingdom @ Jul 22 2010, 03:40 PM)

But what can you do, they give themselves so much time, which means only so many songs.

Although I agree with you about Chemistry (or another song, such as Countdown) I still would like to hear Subdivisons in the set. This is a song i can NOT get tired of!

I think La Villa should be a more prominent staple, as suggested by somebody else.

Bastille Day would absolutely tear the roof off the place, but I think this is one of those songs where I'm fairly certain it wil NEVER be played again. Part of what made this song so enjoyable (at least to me) were Geddy's high pitched wails. Since he can't reach those notes anymore for a sustained period of time, the song just wouldn't be the same.

But I could be wrong!

Edited by Hemispheres89

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jul 22 2010, 05:46 PM)

Although I agree with you about Chemistry (or another song, such as Countdown) I still would like to hear Subdivisons in the set. This is a song i can NOT get tired of!

I think La Villa should be a more prominent staple, as suggested by somebody else.

Bastille Day would absolutely tear the roof off the place, but I think this is one of those songs where I'm fairly certain it wil NEVER be played again. Part of what made this song so enjoyable (at least to me) were Geddy's high pitched wails. Since he can't reach those notes anymore for a sustained period of time, the song just wouldn't be the same.

But I could be wrong!

Seriously, "Chemistry"?!?!?! It's okay. It's got a nice groove. But do you really want to hear it in concert? There are so many far superior Rush songs.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 22 2010, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jul 22 2010, 05:46 PM)

But I could be wrong!

Seriously, "Chemistry"?!?!?! It's okay. It's got a nice groove. But do you really want to hear it in concert? There are so many far superior Rush songs.

Yes, I am quite serious actually. It's indeed one of my favourite Rush songs, and to me, it has the potential to cause goosebumps at a live performance.

I didn't think Marathon was up to the task of being anything exciting live... boy was I wrong there! It was my narrowed-down ultimate single favourite part of the night.

Anything can happen when it's Rush smile.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 22 2010, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 22 2010, 01:37 PM)
I REALLY don't think the crowd would go ballistic over Anthem. I'd say 60% of the crowd probably doesn't even know the song.

based on what specific research?

Dr. H.L. Petermeter and Dr. Moshe Mahhmoud"Comparison's of various Rush songs and their popularity at Concerts" Journal of Everything Rush 6 VOL 356 (2002).