SPOILER

Andrew1

....ending to Closer to the Heart? Has this been done? Hope not, but oh well...

I am so terribly bored with this song. I was hoping they had retired it forever. I was wrong and I don't know what I was thinking.

When I saw it on Rush in Rio, I thought it was such a waste of space on a live album that was probably one of their best tours. I know they were doing it for the fans in Brazil but come on. They didn't even change it up like they did during the T4E tour.

So I'm at the Chicago show a couple of weeks ago and I already know the setlist. C2TH is coming up so we decide to get a drink.

I could've kicked myself. I'm listening to the song from the beer garden waiting for it to end and then it happened. They changed it up and totally rewrote a new ending to the song and it sounded GREAT. I should have known. I took off running back to my seat but it was too late. I missed it.

I had already been kicking myself all night because I thought I was so disappointed in the setlist. It was a great show. Even the songs I wasn't looking that forward to were blowing me away. Why would C2TH be any different? That's what I get for doubting them I guess. We had great seats too. I heard it but I didn't see it like I should have. Does anyone get what I'm saying? I mean how often do they do that shit? Those are the moments you don't want to miss. I guess in my mind, I was expecting another Rio performance.

Sure, I'll see it on the DVD but I didn't see it when I was THERE. Damn it! I guess you can never really plan out when to go get a beer with these guys. Oh well... I love this band.

So what did you guys think about the new Closer to the Heart?

Edited by Andrew1

I thought it was brilliant. While I get some people are tired of hearing it, I have never seen Closer to the Heart live, so I was happy to see they were playing it. I'm only seventeen, so my number of RUSH concerts aren't that high!

Anyway, I was at the barricade that entire show, right in front of Alex. Everything blew me away. When they broke into that little session during C2TH, I was just thinking: "WOW" ...I feel so honored that I've gotten to see our boys 4 times now -- five when they come back here August 23!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Jul 19 2010, 02:30 AM)
....ending to Closer to the Heart? Has this been done? Hope not, but oh well...

I am so terribly bored with this song. I was hoping they had retired it forever.

When I saw it on Rush in Rio, I thought it was such a waste of space on a live album that was probably one of their best tours. I know they were doing it for the fans in Brazil but come on. They didn't even change it up like they did during the T4E tour.

So I'm at the Chicago show a couple of weeks ago and I already know the setlist. C2TH is coming up so we decide to get a drink.

I could've kicked myself. I'm listening to the song from the beer garden waiting for it to end and then it happened. They changed it up and totally rewrote a new ending to the song and it sounded GREAT. I should have known. I took off running back to my seat but it was too late. I missed it.

I had already been kicking myself all night because I thought I was so disappointed in the setlist. It was a great show. Even the songs I wasn't looking that forward to were blowing me away. Why would C2TH be any different? That's what I get for doubting them I guess. We had great seats too. I heard it but I didn't see it like I should have. Does anyone get what I'm saying? I mean how often do they do that shit? Those are the moments you don't want to miss.

Sure, I'll see it on the DVD but I didn't see it when I was THERE. Damn it! I guess you can never really plan out when to go get a beer with these guys. Oh well... I love this band.

So what did you guys think about the new Closer to the Heart?

CTTH is always awesome, Andrew!

I can't put Closer To The Heart.

And "terribly bored" in the same sentence.

It's a great song from a great RUSH era.

It probably pleases 99% of fans to see it played live.

If you're in the 1%, go for a beer walk...

...but hurry back or you'll miss the new ending.

going to the bar during the set?...really?

i wouldent even go for a slash,i would rather piss my pants,oh and by the way closer is (for me) one of the highlights

I always think of this one as a live song. Rarely listen to the studio version mainly because of those chimes. Live, this one has always pleased me. I am really excited about hearing the new ending. When they extended it back on the HYF tour I was blown away. I wore out the grooves when ASOH came out.