Quebec City - Biggest RUSH show ever?

Nathan

Just got back from the concert in Quebec City (my first one!). It was GA, so I waited in line all day, and got nearly front row seats.

I've been going to tihe festival concerts all week, and the size of this crowd blew me away. It seemed way larger than Santana's 50,000 crowd, and looked more like the 80,000 crowd for Iron Maiden last Friday. Even behind the stage was packed, where they had a screen set up. Will have to wait for the final count.

The crowd was absolutely electric, singing to nearly every song, and every instrumental.

I'm uploading my pics now, you can see them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/51507192@N05/...57624511548858/

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4798352530_40c59ab0c8.jpg

2.gif 1022.gif

Edited by Nathan

Right now the boys are having eggs & orange juice and Neil just said:

"I told yas Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose would pay off!"

laugh.gif

Seriously though, what awesome attendance! Great job guys you did Quebec City proud, wish I could have been there!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Rush was the only group playing last night.

Le Journal said the crowd was likely the largest of the festival, which puts the number at (or over) 80,000!

Edited by Nathan

While it must have been an awesome sight to behold, I'll take the tiny confines of Mohegan Sun with my 10,000 other friends in air conditioned comfort as I really hate big crowds (a little claustrophobic I think) oh yea and outdoor concerts - I'm an arena boy myself. smile.gif Edited by Jind

I too, like indoors for summer shows, you get the entire light show from the beginning and the weather is never a factor. Saw the Stones in Frisco a few years ago outside and thankfully, the notorius Bay Area weather was kind. very memorable event.