Epic song on Clockwork Angels

losingit2k

I think Rush should write a 60 minute epic to make up for letting so many of us fans down for decades

Now this is just to extreme! I have never felt let down by Rush! I've always have felt inspired! I would like them to give us one more Epic song more for their sake then ours!

cool.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 18 2010, 05:47 PM)
I think Rush should write a 60 minute epic to make up for letting so many of us fans down for decades

Now this is just to extreme! I have never felt let down by Rush! I've always have felt inspired! I would like them to give us one more Epic song more for their sake then ours!

cool.gif

Yep!! biggrin.gif

Here's one explanation from Geddy on why the band stop of doing long songs after "Hemispheres"

quote: "They just became too easy to do, a little boring." "We felt like we where just doing the same song over again, just changing the words."

The band seems to think that is more of a challenge to make simpler and shorter song. But why the Hemispheres session were so long and difficult? confused13.gif

All 12 songs will be 20-minute epics; each one will be a guitar, drum, and bass feature. They will perform all of the songs on triple-neck instruments - even Neil. 1022.gif

What reason do you have to not believe me? angry.gif

All 12 songs will be 20-minute epics; each one will be a guitar, drum, and bass feature. They will perform all of the songs on triple-neck instruments - even Neil.

Well if you're not going to take this seriously.

bumper.gif

QUOTE (RUDT @ Jul 19 2010, 06:15 AM)
Here's one explanation from Geddy on why the band stop of doing long songs after "Hemispheres"

quote: "They just became too easy to do, a little boring." "We felt like we where just doing the same song over again, just changing the words."

The band seems to think that is more of a challenge to make simpler and shorter song. But why the Hemispheres session were so long and difficult? confused13.gif

cuz if you mess up recording a 12 or 15 min part, it takes a LONG time to reset and re-do, especailly in the 70's with that technology being kinda slow wink.gif

cuz if you mess up recording a 12 or 15 min part, it takes a LONG time to reset and re-do, especailly in the 70's with that technology being kinda slow 

That shouldn't come into play now! You can go in a change once note if you like!

yes.gif

Per the new DVD, I get the feeling there will be no more Rush epics. That went out with Hemispheres.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 14 2010, 10:29 PM)
I'm just in shock that anybody could dislike those new songs......awesome stuff......way better than SnA.......I just hope they have more keys through the rest of the record.

i think it's been a hit or miss for me with rush for a long time now. everything since hold your fire has been some of it i thought was ok, and some of it or i didn't like. correction, rtb and presto i didn't like at all. maybe the fact that i'm not playing the new songs enough but i haven't gone out of my way to play them or looked to play them. that's just me.

Edited by ReflectedLight

maybe the fact that i'm not playing the new songs enough but i haven't gone out of my way to play them or looked to play them.

I've noticed that with any new Rush you need to listen to the song at least 5 times. To truly understand what the guys are doing!

1st listen " (Over All feel)

2nd Listen"(Words)

3rd Listen"(Geddy's Base)

4th Listen"(Alex's Guitar)

5th Listen"(Neil's Percussions)

Then only then will the songs begin to sink in! But I have toadmit these new songs have sunk in much faster!

2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 20 2010, 07:46 AM)
maybe the fact that i'm not playing the new songs enough but i haven't gone out of my way to play them or looked to play them.

I've noticed that with any new Rush you need to listen to the song at least 5 times. To truly understand what the guys are doing!

2nd Listen"(Words)

Then only then will the songs begin to sink in! But I have toadmit these new songs have sunk in much faster!

2.gif

I usually love a Rush song when I try to play it; like Virtuality. That's a very fun guitar riff.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 20 2010, 07:46 AM)

2nd Listen"(Words)

2.gif

I usually love a Rush song when I try to play it; like Virtuality. That's a very fun guitar riff.

I think we'd all love another Rush epic but sadly I don't see it coming...

If you've seen beyond the lighted stage they say they don't plan on doing anymore epics... thats a bummer

Anywho we still have 2112 and The combination of both Hemispheres song

we can thank them for that smile.gif

As Rush fans, I think we should all be thankful for a few things:

1. Rush is still together, having weathered a SEVERE tragedy. Rush is still with us.

2. Rush is still relevant (more now, oddly, than ever before).

3. Rush is still interested in creating new music.

4. The members of Rush all appear to be of sound body and mind and have found a second wind, if you will, and we can speculate that we may have a good chunk of years with which to continuously enjoy them as a current and active band.

5. Rush (with the exception of Neil, at times) loves to tour

Sometimes when I read the various complaints and griping about the band, it sort of infuriates me. We are very fortunate that our favorite band is still cranking along, still having fun, still writing music and still getting out there.

Rush is probably never going to make another "2112" or "Hemispheres", and everyone should deal with it and get over it. They're simply not in that head space any longer. Instead of complaining about it, why not embrace what the band is all about now? The two releases off of "Clockwork Angels" are incredible rock songs that feature a band that is still on top of their game. Listen to all the cool changes in "Caravan" for example--Neil's drumming is superb! Go back and listen to "Snakes and Arrows" if you initially dismissed it. Consider how proud of this record Rush is--they played nearly the entire thing on their last tour--that's got to mean something.

If Alex, Neil, and Geddy aren't creating new music the way THEY want to, I'm pretty sure that'd be the end of the line. They aren't the type of band to do a "Golden Oldies" tour, and I don't blame them. As artists, they have to do what fulfills THEM and what makes them proud.

My point is--please, stop the bitching. Embrace this phase of the band and try to see it their way, because it means a lot to them.

I saw them at Mohegan Sun in CT last night, and I was blown away by their performance. They seem like a band that is still hungry and love to play. Flawless. Rocking. Incredible. I, for one, really enjoyed the song selection. With so many albums and songs to choose from, they're NEVER going to please everyone all the time.

Anyway, VIVA Le Rush!

QUOTE (kungfugrip7 @ Jul 20 2010, 03:45 PM)
As Rush fans, I think we should all be thankful for a few things:

1.  Rush is still together, having weathered a SEVERE tragedy.  Rush is still with us.

2.  Rush is still relevant (more now, oddly, than ever before).

3.  Rush is still interested in creating new music.

4.  The members of Rush all appear to be of sound body and mind and have found a second wind, if you will, and we can speculate that we may have a good chunk of years with which to continuously enjoy them as a current and active band.

5.  Rush (with the exception of Neil, at times) loves to tour

Sometimes when I read the various complaints and griping about the band, it sort of infuriates me.  We are very fortunate that our favorite band is still cranking along, still having fun, still writing music and still getting out there. 

Rush is probably never going to make another "2112" or "Hemispheres", and everyone should deal with it and get over it.  They're simply not in that head space any longer.  Instead of complaining about it, why not embrace what the band is all about now?  The two releases off of "Clockwork Angels" are incredible rock songs that feature a band that is still on top of their game.  Listen to all the cool changes in "Caravan" for example--Neil's drumming is superb!  Go back and listen to "Snakes and Arrows" if you initially dismissed it.  Consider how proud of this record Rush is--they played nearly the entire thing on their last tour--that's got to mean something. 

If Alex, Neil, and Geddy aren't creating new music the way THEY want to, I'm pretty sure that'd be the end of the line.  They aren't the type of band to do a "Golden Oldies" tour, and I don't blame them.  As artists, they have to do what fulfills THEM and what makes them proud. 

My point is--please, stop the bitching.  Embrace this phase of the band and try to see it their way, because it means a lot to them. 

I saw them at Mohegan Sun in CT last night, and I was blown away by their performance.  They seem like a band that is still hungry and love to play.  Flawless.  Rocking.  Incredible.  I, for one, really enjoyed the song selection.  With so many albums and songs to choose from, they're NEVER going to please everyone all the time. 

Anyway, VIVA Le Rush!

So do you think they'll be an Epic song on Clockwork Angels or not?

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Well I asked the question months ago and Alex finally answered it and I Quote:

"There is the epic song, 'Clockwork Angels,'

I could not be happier!

1022.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Below is the article! It contains spoilers about the tour!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-allento...8773,full.story

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 25 2010, 04:02 PM)
Well I asked the question months ago and Alex finally answered it and I Quote:

"There is the epic song, 'Clockwork Angels,'

I could not be happier!

1022.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Below is the article! It contains spoilers about the tour!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-allento...8773,full.story

So much for that, right? Hardly an epic.