So how was the show?

Utterly wonderful. The boys were in fine form, they played with intensity and vigor. The setlists flowed very well. Tempo was upbeat. Visuals were excellent. The crowd was enthusiastic. Sound was top-notch.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 30 2010, 09:58 AM)
I already know the setlist, so you don't need to worry about hiding anything about that. The only thing I ask is that you don't spoil the videos and the light show.

So how was it?

I know! I logged in early this morning hoping to read a ton of reviews of the first show but there were virtually none. There were a few, "The show was great" comments but no big long review. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 30 2010, 12:10 PM)
Utterly wonderful. The boys were in fine form, they played with intensity and vigor. The setlists flowed very well. Tempo was upbeat. Visuals were excellent. The crowd was enthusiastic. Sound was top-notch.

Dang I love your reviews. I can't stand waiting 2 months now. I might have to take a road trip.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 30 2010, 11:10 AM)
Utterly wonderful.  The boys were in fine form, they played with intensity and vigor.  The setlists flowed very well.  Tempo was upbeat.  Visuals were excellent.  The crowd was enthusiastic.  Sound was top-notch.

goodpost.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif yes.gif The Boys were spot on.. PERIOD!!!

QUOTE (worthog @ Jun 30 2010, 09:01 PM)
Hey does anybody know if they played Tom Sawyer at normal pace or is it still slower....same for some of the other MP songs?

Same speed as always

Check by yourself

Camera eye

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 30 2010, 12:44 PM)

I thought for sure RUSHHEAD666 would have given us a report by now. He called me last night during a song so I could hear trink39.gif thanks Earl!

Now THAT'S a tease, unsure.gif I mean spoiler if I've ever heard one! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (mountaineeroflamneth @ Jun 30 2010, 03:04 PM)
Best sound for any Rush show I have seen, really loud but really clear. They had great energy and where having a great time.

I was sitting on the aisle of the rightmost section (stage left) about 15 rows from the stage. The main speaker tower, suspended and waving a bit in the wind, was deafening. The clarity was terrible, to the point that it sounded like bad pickups, bad mikes on the drums etc - and possibly a ton of compression dropouts. Alex's electric guitars were never loud enough. I'd love to hear from someone right up front or on the lawn to see if the sound was better there. Neil's drums were suddenly crisp and amazing during "The Camera Eye" but nowhere else. The band was looser than usual, but Geddy at least was aware of the sound problems and at one point stopped being a perfectionist and just had fun rocking out. You could SEE that they were overplaying to make up for some of the sound issues.

The opening night freshness more than made up for any of the above!