Without giving away spoilers.....

syd11

There are two songs in the first set that I'd rather not hear. Other than that, I'm mostly happy with it. My favorite song is being played, so it's all good with me.

I'm also glad it isn't totally full of Snakes & Arrows material like it was rumored to be.

I'm very happy with the end of the first set, pretty much the whole second set, and the encores. I love the encore.

The one thing I am most confused and disappointed about is regarding those two songs that, perhaps somewhat controversially, didn't appear on the list.

And to add on to my previous post, remember: this setlist isn't set in stone. There's still 1 more day until we get anything official, so I think it'd be wise to wait until tomorrow night until we make judgements, or give you an idea on what the setlist is like.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 28 2010, 09:21 PM)
It's pretty good, overall. It's surprising in some ways and the general consensus is it's surprising in a bad way. Personally I think the 1st leg of S&A was better. Or maybe the 1st set of the 1st leg in particular. (Entre Nous, Digital Man, BTW, & Circumstances is pretty much going to destroy any 1st set in my eyes.)

So one way or the other, you're in for a surprise!

Couldn't agree more, especially with Circumstances and Entre Nous. In Beyond the Lighted Stage, think of what Billy Corgan said about Entre Nous. He said he felt like the song was written just for him. I felt like that about Entre Nous AND Circumstances. This show only has one song like that for me, but it's one of the songs we already knew was coming.

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 29 2010, 02:27 AM)
[/quote]
Couldn't agree more, especially with Circumstances and Entre Nous. In Beyond the Lighted Stage, think of what Billy Corgan said about Entre Nous. He said he felt like the song was written just for him. I felt like that about Entre Nous AND Circumstances.

Funny.. for me Entre Nous was the easily the .. "low point" is the wrong connotation..."least high point?" of the 2008 set.

Which pretty much explains why ANY setlist they came up with would have part of the fanbase bitching confused13.gif

I'll repeat what I said in another thread on this same topic...

Cmon people...it's 2.gif !!

Do any of you remember thinking the band was done after Neil's tragedies??

Anything they've done since then has been icing on the cake for me. I don't care what they play.

QUOTE (Natch @ Jun 29 2010, 11:38 AM)
I'll repeat what I said in another thread on this same topic...

Cmon people...it's 2.gif !!

Do any of you remember thinking the band was done after Neil's tragedies??

Anything they've done since then has been icing on the cake for me. I don't care what they play.

I have to admit that, for me, part of it is the fact that I wasn't in position to get out to a lot of shows back in the day. I have at times, but I haven't been able to see Rush many times. There is still so much that I haven't gotten to see, when they pushed this tour as having a few surprises, I was really excited. Another part is the amount of sacrifice it takes to see a show these days. $100 on a ticket (in this wretched economy!!!), a day off work (I'm self-employed, so I don't get sick days or personal days or whatever---if I'm not working I don't get paid), drive 4 hours each way, etc. I don't know if I would have made the effort to do all of that had I known the setlist from the beginning. Maybe if it was closer to home, I don't know.

Just my thoughts, and I'm sure others are in that same boat.