Definitely embarassing METAL anthems

H. P. L.

Which embaresses you most today?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which embaresses you most today?

• 1. Metal Militia - Metallica
    • 2. Heavy Metal is the Law - Helloween
    • 3. All Men Play on Ten - Manowar
    • 4. Metal Invaders - uh... Helloween again...

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 29 2010, 06:10 AM)
But had you named Keeper of the 7 Keys from Helloween, that would have gotten my vote. One of the only songs by them I remember being into back then. Way, way cheesy looking back.

They had already polished their swords - ooops, I meant their sound by then. Even the lyrics were more "subtle" (well, for Helloween anyway). The first EP and Walls of Jericho, these are the places to find pure, unadulterated, engulfing, everlasting cheese.

ohmy.gif What no Saxon, Motorhead... What about Krokus and Sabbath this was what we called heavy metal back in the day. Denim jacket with band patches and ripped jeans, the latter is called fashion these days lol, smelling of peculiar oil (Petula Oil) studded leather belts. blasting hell bent for leather by Judas Priest from the bedroom where you and your mates were smoking low grade weed and talking about what you were gonna do when your band made it big. Ah them were the days not a care in the world cool.gif

QUOTE (BU4B @ Jun 29 2010, 02:32 PM)
ohmy.gif What no Saxon, Motorhead... What about Krokus and Sabbath this was what we called heavy metal back in the day. Denim jacket with band patches and ripped jeans, the latter is called fashion these days lol, smelling of peculiar oil (Petula Oil) studded leather belts. blasting hell bent for leather by Judas Priest from the bedroom where you and your mates were smoking low grade weed and talking about what you were gonna do when your band made it big. Ah them were the days not a care in the world cool.gif

1022.gif

Great daze gone by

trink39.gif

QUOTE (BU4B @ Jun 29 2010, 09:32 PM)

Motorhead and Saxon were more hard rock in those days for me... And Sabbath, they were a given, but luckily for them, they never wrote a cheesy self-celebrating anthem the way Metallica and Helloween did.

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Jun 28 2010, 02:42 AM)
Yes, there was that glorious time when you were doing the devil's sign and grinning like you had slammed your toe in the car doors, and the world was yours for the taking and METAL was the air that you breathed and the sun that kept you warm and the light that showed mercilessly that no girl was in sight all around you...
But that is the past. What do you think NOW when you listen to these songs?
Provided you do.
I only listen to Manowar 'cause they're so funny.

Hahahaha! Dude! You are a crack up!

I actually love MANOWAR!! MAN METAL!!!

Love all the older stuff, but yeah "Sign Of The Hammer" SUCKS!!

The answer is clear, it's "All Men Play On Ten." Garbage!

I have a quick story to share with you about Manowar. Hope you don't puke.

I buddy of mine used to work at the Concord Pavilion, well one show featured MANOWAR as an opener.

My buddy was backstage with the Manowar guys. They weren't tuning up their instruments, they were tuning up their muscles!

They had all of their weights out and benches. Pumping iron before the show.

Then when two of the guys were done the got off their benches went up to each other and started making out.

My buddy's jaw hit the concrete. Could you imagine watching two buffed metalheads making out with each other covered in glistening hot summer sweat?

Fukk it, I might puke.....

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 14 2010, 03:12 PM)
I always thought "Ballroom Blitz" by Krokus was rather cheesy.

As was Krokus.

Cock! You are a Ratt N' Roller, yet you dis KROKUS?

Shame on you!!!!

"The Blitz" is a very commercial album, but the real stinker is their next one, "Change Of Address."

Dude, all of the Krokus from "Headhunter" and back ROCKS!!!!

Hell, the original line up is back and they have a new album called "Hoodoo."

It's very AC/DC but man every song is melodic and RAWKS!!!!!!!

Marc Storace is a great vocalist. He's another voice that still kicks ass today!

Whoops wrong thread.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 15 2010, 05:00 AM)
Yes, there was that glorious time when you were doing the devil's sign and grinning like you had slammed your toe in the car doors, and the world was yours for the taking and METAL was the air that you breathed and the sun that kept you warm and the light that showed mercilessly that no girl was in sight all around you...
Provided you do.

I buddy of mine used to work at the Concord Pavilion, well one show featured MANOWAR as an opener.

My buddy was backstage with the Manowar guys. They weren't tuning up their instruments, they were tuning up their muscles!

Then when two of the guys were done the got off their benches went up to each other and started making out.

My buddy's jaw hit the concrete. Could you imagine watching two buffed metalheads making out with each other covered in glistening hot summer sweat?

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Great story Earl! Thanks for sharing!

Was still Ross the Boss in the band by then? rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Jul 15 2010, 12:38 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 15 2010, 05:00 AM)
Provided you do.

Great story Earl! Thanks for sharing!

Was still Ross the Boss in the band by then? rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Thanks dude! Any time! Yes Ross The Boss was still in the band!

Ross The Boss wearing a thong with wild cherry lip gloss!!!!!!

QUOTE (LiquidSteel @ Jul 15 2010, 02:15 PM)
I used to think Twisted Sister was the greatest...... Glad I grew out of that pretty quick.

I actually love the first three Twisted Sister albums, but then when they released "Come Out And Play" I thought it was over from them.

Horrible album.

"Love Is For Suckers" was better!

QUOTE (LiquidSteel @ Jul 15 2010, 11:15 PM)
I used to think Twisted Sister was the greatest...... Glad I grew out of that pretty quick.

Actually, Dee Snider is one of the most bright and intelligent men in met... METAL (sorry treeduck...). tongue.gif But aside from the obvious hits, I could never get too much into TS.

Archived