Which way do I go????

Greetings from Michigan's UP, my fellow TRFers. Sorry for my extended 'vacation' from TRF, but things have been pretty crazy in radio-land.

Anyway, at one point this year I was actually thinking about skipping this tour. But, I've since come to my senses and have decided to try to attend one of the Rush shows this summer. My problem is that the tour and my schedule are not jiving. I can't go to Sarnia because our company is heavily involved in the ACS Relay for Life here, and I've already committed to being there. I can't attend either of the Toronto shows, because once again, I'm in one of our local theatre productions (Guys and Dolls) and the perfomances are July 15-18.

So I've come to two decisions: attend the show in St. Louis on August 22, or the one in Columbus on August 29.

Now the St. Louis show is great for several reasons. It would be a fun road trip, I haven't been there since college and it's an outdoor show (my preference in summer). The other thing is we would piggyback that show with the Green Day show in Detroit on August 23, which I've already bought tickets for (the wife's favorite band and they were her anniversary present). So to go to St. Louis, we'd drive Saturday to Indianapolis (8 hours) stay there, drive to St. Louis Sunday (4 hours) do some touristy things (Arch) and hit the show. Get up Monday, drive to Detroit (8 hours) see Green Day, then come home Tuesday.

That's lots of driving but it kind of sounds fun.

The other option is to drive down to Detroit on the 23rd, see Green Day, come home the next day, then drive down to Columbus on the 29th for Rush, spend the night and drive home the following day. Less time in the car, but not as adventerous.

Oh, and by the way, I don't have tickets for either Rush show....so that's a factor as well. From what I'd read in the Hot Tub section, sounds like Columbus is close to being sold out, if not so already. That would make my decision for me. I've never been to either of these venues.

Any thoughts, suggestions......

Oh, and by the way....I just added Caravan to current rotation on our Rock station. Sounds great on the radio. 1022.gif 1022.gif

Hopefully I'll get some more time to hang with my good friends. And I'm kind of bummed there's not a Detroit show this year, and that I'm gonna miss hanging with my TRF buds Sunny, Digi, Ladi, Test and the rest of the Motown gang! sad.gif

St Louis, that's just because I'll be there. tongue.gif I am taking a road trip also. I will see the shows at Red Rocks on 8/16 and 8/18, then off to Wichita for the 8/20 show, St. Louis for 8/22 and finally Omaha on 8/25 and back home on 8/26.

For those of you who don't know my Canadian friend Mike has about 5% of his vision left and his kidneys are starting to fail, so we decided to do a road trip. By this time next year he could be on dialysis and he would not be able to travel. Rush doesn't normally play this many venues so close to me and I am PETRIFIED to fly so road trip it is.

Cygnus I think the road trip for you may be a lot of fun. You should figure this out soon though so you can look for tickets. Good luck!