Meet & Greet Contest

Lerxst

Just wondering if there is a meet & greet contest for every stop on the Rush tour.

Are those contests usually sponsored by radio stations?

Winning one would be the coolest thing EVER.

It would be awesome, but from the stories I've read it doesn't sound that great. You get hurried in and have like 3 seconds to take a pic with Geddy & Alex before they push you out.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 20 2010, 04:51 PM)
It would be awesome, but from the stories I've read it doesn't sound that great. You get hurried in and have like 3 seconds to take a pic with Geddy & Alex before they push you out.

Yea, but I sure would love to have a picture of me with Alex and Ged. I would hang it up in my studio. smile.gif

Maybe because I don't listen to radio much these days, but I have not heard of meet and greets happening? Are radio stations advertising them again?

It's truly the only thing missing from my Rush experience. Front row? Check. Heard my favorite (rare) song live? Check. Have authentic autographs of the boys? Check. Had photo on rush.com? Check. Meet and Greet? Absent..

A friend mine was invited to a RUSH meet and greet on the last tour. His brother manages a Ruth's Chris in Tampa and the year before Alex and Geddy and wives pulled up in a limo and asked if they could be seated on late notice. They apparently were quite gracious and asked for no special treatment but were accommodated and very greatful. They took his name and email address.

A year later he gets an email stating they had front row seats at the Orlando show here in town and were invited to the meet and great. It was as described above, however they had arrnaged in advance permission to have a bass and guitar signed by the guys. Apparently they hung in the Ruth's Chris for about two month's unitl the regional manager asked them to be taken down.

Both my friend and his brother happen to be big fans and were given couple extra minutes, they were last in line by design. He said the guys were real nice but clearly had other things on their mind. They post the pictures on the website in a secret area for the participants to download later.

A friend of mine won a meet & greet for the 1st leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour and took me along. Being a Rush fan since Signals it was an unbelievable experience.

Yes, the whole thing is rather "hurried" but it was still an amazing experience. They tell you right away what will happen - you're walked into a room with about 30 other winners, you line up, Geddy and Alex walk in, you get to shake their hands have 2 pictures taken with them and you leave. You get the pics online the next day - you're not allowed to get autographs so if you bring anything you have to put it on a table and you can take it when you leave.

I didn't care. I got to meet them, look them in the eye and just say a simple "It's a pleasure to meet... I've been a fan for many years!" Both of them were friendly and seem to appreciate what I said.

I believe they do it for every tour, and at every stop. From what I understand the only way to win is through radio contests.

Edited by Scooch

It is pretty quick but I got a chance to talk with Alex and then I looked at Geddy and said "you are my favorite, thanks for 32 years of great music." He lowered his head so I could see his eyes and said "no, thank you!" off I went happy as a clam.

Part of the 'VIP' package is 'the chance to win' a meet and greet. This my friends, will be the BEST chance I have ever had to do this. I hope I win, I don't have expectations of sitting and having coffee with them or even saying more than 'THANKS GUYS'.

That suprises me about the autographs....even if you are lucky enough to win a coveted 'meet and greet' spot, NO AUTOGRAPHS? Not even pre-signed press lit 8x10's?

One of the few musicians I had the opportunity to meet and get a signed poster was George Lynch. He was holding his first ever guitar clinic in North America. He played, answered questions, and had all of his famous guitars on display (even gave one away to one lucky ticketholder!) The autograph line forms, I was about 10th in line. Leave it to the first few people to frig it up for the rest of us, after signing several guitars and numerous posters for 1-3, they limited everybody else to one. Which was cool. Thats all I wanted. ESP guitars even provided a big color poster to get signed.

Good Lord.....let me win....pleeeeze...... yes.gif

If you purchased tickets through the Musictoday presale and bought the shirt and water bottle bundle you are automatically entered into the meet and greet drawing for each city you bought tickets for as well as the bundle.

So I bought a bundle for my wife for the West Palm show and bought a bundle for myself for the Tampa show so 2 entries.

I did this for the Snakes tour as well...did not win for any cities and I had 4 entries (2 for each leg).

You also will win in addition to a meet and greet a hand signed copy of the tour book anthology.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 20 2010, 02:51 PM)

Pretty sure those would be the best three seconds of my life.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 21 2010, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 20 2010, 02:51 PM)

Pretty sure those would be the best three seconds of my life.

A three-second roll in the hay with Alex would be damn difficult. I'm sure you're willing to try, though. And if anyone's up to the challenge, it's gotta be Janie!