Time Machine Live Album?

jesse2112

Should Rush record a live album documenting a Time Machine Tour performance?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rush record a live album documenting a Time Machine Tour performance?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jun 2 2010, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 2 2010, 10:41 AM)
It's for the fans....what's wrong with that? And if you think it's a money grab...grow the f**k up.

If it's "for the fans" why not give it away?

Of course it's a money grab. Just like R30, Snakes and Arrows Live and the Time Machine Tour.

They want to rake in as much cash as they can before they're done. I don't blame them, but don't act it's some kind of magnanimous gesture to their fans.

Someone certainly needs to grow up.

It works both ways...and I am not thinking it's a gesture of epic proportions.

They finally realized...we want them to do this.....because if we did not they would not go to the expense to produce it.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 2 2010, 11:15 AM)
It's for the fans....what's wrong with that? And if you think it's a money grab...grow the f**k up.

Of course it's a money grab. Just like R30, Snakes and Arrows Live and the Time Machine Tour.

They want to rake in as much cash as they can before they're done. I don't blame them, but don't act it's some kind of magnanimous gesture to their fans.

They finally realized...we want them to do this.....because if we did not they would not go to the expense to produce it.

Fair enough. Sorry for being a dick, but I think I'm one of maybe three people who are disappointed in the new material.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 2 2010, 10:24 AM)
For the love of God...nooooo!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/bash.gif

Why? Why would any Rush fan care if they made another Live album...if you don't want it...don't buy it.

I always love to get a souvenir of the tour...and nothing beats a live album/DVD to always have the memory of the tour.

If you could go back and have an official release of the Tour of the Hemispheres, or the Waves tour....would that not be awesome?

So I don't get any negative thoughts about doing live albums.

If nobody cared about this or that or every other friggin' aspect of Rush discussed down to the tiniest minutia, then this forum wouldn't exist !!!

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 2 2010, 06:11 PM)

Why? Why would any Rush fan care if they made another Live album...if you don't want it...don't buy it.

I always love to get a souvenir of the tour...and nothing beats a live album/DVD to always have the memory of the tour.

If you could go back and have an official release of the Tour of the Hemispheres, or the Waves tour....would that not be awesome?

If nobody cared about this or that or every other friggin' aspect of Rush discussed down to the tiniest minutia, then this forum wouldn't exist !!!

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 2 2010, 12:11 PM)

Touche. wink.gif

So many of my favorite bands release every show, let alone every tour, of course most of those bands change the setlist nightly (I'd love for Rush to do that). The Dead, Phish, Pearl Jam, Mule, Wilco, Umphrey's, Dylan, Bright Eyes, Felice, etc. These bands not only change the setlist nightly, but some will go 5-6 shows (or more) without repeating one song. I've got at least 100 Pearl Jam shows, probably 50 Phish shows and I don't know how many Dead shows, so I sure as hell want as many live shows from my favorite band (Rush!!!) as I can get.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 2 2010, 11:15 AM)

I don't have any problem with a money grab in this context. As long as they are playing long shows and giving the effort they give every time out, who cares? With the setlists and the length of the shows we've been getting lately, I feel like I'm getting my money's worth at the show.

'Course they should - we won't get to see that show in Europe. For the chance of listening to MP live (and to other more or less resurrected treasures from the vaults), we'll need a live album.

In fact, Rush should keep on releasing one after every tour. And they should have a look at their back catalogue, too.

If they're into cashing it in with live releases from the Hemispheres, Signals or Presto tours (or any other, for that matter), let me get my credit card ready. Capitalism has never been more embraced by me ...

Edited by barchetta90480