The tape from "The Ring"

Steel Rat

But I'm afraid you guys HAVE to watch it to live.

tongue.gif

The Ring...

we decided to watch the ring one night for movie night..well, we were on the internet (on aim, no doubt wink.gif , & keep in mind she has dial-up) while we were watching it, & my friend picks up the phone to call someone, & she gets all this weird sounding static..she was laughing & crying at the same time, she was soooo scared!! laugh.gif poor girl.

i don't usually do well with scary movies, but this one was alright..i didn't get to see the whole thing, but i saw enough to see the tape a few times, & it was just..weird! you know? it wasn't scary, just..freaky. wacko.gif

a week or so later, i was checking my voicemail, & the menu was screwing up, & it sounded positively evil..it scared me senseless!! i had to make everyone around me listen to it before i'd continue checking it. laugh.gif weird!!

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 3 2005, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 3 2005, 04:00 PM)
I think the Japanese one was scarier, but will still wet myself if the phone rings in the next three minutes ohmy.gif

Do you mean a japanese version of the movie or just that tape?

The Naomi Watts film is a remake of a Japanese film called "Ringu" - Same storyline, same conclusion by and large.

The Japanese video, which is watched, is scarier though, in my view, the Hollywood one is a bit overdone IMO.

Hello? Movie Forum.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 4 2005, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE (yyz @ Apr 4 2005, 04:30 PM)
I watched it and RIGHT after the tape was done the phone rang immediately. What does that mean? unsure.gif

Did you hear static on the phone followed by the words "You saw it"? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

No I heard, "Is your brother there?" And I said no. fing.gif

QUOTE (yyz @ Apr 4 2005, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 4 2005, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE (yyz @ Apr 4 2005, 04:30 PM)
I watched it and RIGHT after the tape was done the phone rang immediately. What does that mean? unsure.gif

Did you hear static on the phone followed by the words "You saw it"? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

No I heard, "Is your brother there?" And I said no. fing.gif

You're probably safe so, but I'd stay away from any abandoned wells and ferries for a while just to be sure biggrin.gif

Edited by madra sneachta

I thought The Ring was 5 times scarier than The Eye, just mho. The Eye was good, but just didn't scare me like I thought it would for some reason.

Want to see the Japanese Ring version sometime, everyone says it's better.