Albuquerque show not selling well

pony2112

Tickmaster has the new seat available grid for this show, and it won't come close, to selling all of the reserved seating. Then you add all of the brokers that hold tickets, and there are a ton of seats left. I think there are only 5,000 reserved seats to begin with. I haven't bought my seat yet, but, I shouldn't have trouble getting a great deal from desperate brokers on show day!

QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 11:58 AM)
i will say that given the demographics of that state i am not all that surprised at the poor ticket sales.

What do you mean by demographics?

I saw them on Counterparts in Las Cruces, which is much smaller than ALB, and the arena was full.

I saw the seating chart yesterday. There are still five weeks before the show.

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 29 2010, 12:00 PM)
i will say that given the demographics of that state i am not all that surprised at the poor ticket sales.

I saw them on Counterparts in Las Cruces, which is much smaller than ALB, and the arena was full.

well maybe i am completely wrong but does Rush have a strong following amongst the hispanics and native americans in new mexico?

not trying to stir the pot. i love NM and think its one of the prettiest places i have ever been to and have friends who live Albuquerque.

edit- that and by demographics i also meant number of people i the state itself. NM is a fairly sparsely populated state if i recall correctly.

Edited by tangy

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 29 2010, 12:07 PM)
The staff at Sandia should be worth 4,000 fans alone. smile.gif Cmon.. middle aged white dude who are good at math? Thats a Rush demographic for sure...

laugh.gif that and Los Alamos!

QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 12:04 PM)

well maybe i am completely wrong but does Rush have a strong following amongst the hispanics and native americans in new mexico?

not trying to stir the pot. i love NM and think its one of the prettiest places i have ever been to and have friends who live Albuquerque.

edit- that and by demographics i also meant number of people i the state itself. NM is a fairly sparsely populated state if i recall correctly.

Hispanics are like anyone else -- they like all different kinds of music.

Like I said, when I saw them in 94, the arena was full in a city that has a fraction of the population in ALB.

Demographics probably have nothing to do with it.

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 29 2010, 12:13 PM)

Like I said, when I saw them in 94, the arena was full in a city that has a fraction of the population in ALB.

I am all for diversity and I agree that the Rush crowd is more diverse now than ever.

That said, the typical Rush concert is still a caucasian sausagefest.

Demographics play a part in pretty much all business decisions. Apparently the demographics were there to justify the show. Its a numbers game though and like I said NM is not heavily populated. I saw a list that put them at #36 out of 50.

QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 12:26 PM)

I am all for diversity and I agree that the Rush crowd is more diverse now than ever.

Demographics play a part in pretty much all business decisions. Apparently the demographics were there to justify the show. Its a numbers game though and like I said NM is not heavily populated. I saw a list that put them at #36 out of 50.

As far as playing in NM, I heard (RUMOR) Geddy got hit with a bottle in Tucson in 2008, which is why they've skipped Arizona.

When I say demographics don't have anything to so with it, I'm talking about ticket sales. Like I said, they sold out an indoor arena 16 years ago in a much smaller city (albeit, one close to the major El Paso metro area).

And people said Jacksonville was only half full on the last tour, and I think there are a lot of white guys in Florida.

Perhaps Rush isn't the major concert attraction in the desert southwest and the deep south the way they are in St. Louis, New York and Cleveland (or even Dallas, for that matter, where both shows in 2007-08 were jam packed).

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 29 2010, 12:32 PM)

As far as playing in NM, I heard (RUMOR) Geddy got hit with a bottle in Tucson in 2008, which is why they've skipped Arizona.

When I say demographics don't have anything to so with it, I'm talking about ticket sales. Like I said, they sold out an indoor arena 16 years ago in a much smaller city (albeit, one close to the major El Paso metro area).

And people said Jacksonville was only half full on the last tour, and I think there are a lot of white guys in Florida.

Perhaps Rush isn't the major concert attraction in the desert southwest and the deep south the way they are in St. Louis, New York and Cleveland (or even Dallas, for that matter, where both shows in 2007-08 were jam packed).

All good points. The current state of our economy is another factor too.

I appreciate you pointing out the Las Cruces show drew people in from the El Paso area as I was stumped why they would ever play there over albuerque.

All this talk about NM makes want to cook a batch of green chile! I can finally buy frozen green chile here.

QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 12:40 PM)

I appreciate you pointing out the Las Cruces show drew people in from the El Paso area as I was stumped why they would ever play there over albuerque.

All this talk about NM makes want to cook a batch of green chile! I can finally buy frozen green chile here.

Yes, the economy is probably the main thing, and -- back to demographics for a second -- NM is a poor state.

And yes, I want some green chili rellenos -- right now.

Bring on June 29!

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 29 2010, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 12:40 PM)

Yes, the economy is probably the main thing, and -- back to demographics for a second -- NM is a poor state.

And yes, I want some green chili rellenos -- right now.

Bring on June 29!

Yeah, that is a sad demographic for sure.

Glad to hear you are a fan of the green! I lived in the mtns of CO for 15 years and made it down to NM occasionally. I developed a strong liking for green chile and really all new mexican food.

QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 12:48 PM)

Glad to hear you are a fan of the green! I lived in the mtns of CO for 15 years and made it down to NM occasionally. I developed a strong liking for green chile and really all new mexican food.

It's my favorite food.

My wife grew up in El Paso and cooks some killer Mexican food, which is why it's overtaken friend chicken and pork steaks as the meal of choice.

Have fun at the shows, man.

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 29 2010, 12:50 PM)

It's my favorite food.

My wife grew up in El Paso and cooks some killer Mexican food, which is why it's overtaken friend chicken and pork steaks as the meal of choice.

trink39.gif thanks man!

Its pretty much my favorite food too. It was a great day when they started selling Bueno green chile here in NC. I was growing my own and roasting on the grill but i could not grow enough for year round use.

QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 12:58 PM)

It's my favorite food.

trink39.gif thanks man!

Its pretty much my favorite food too. It was a great day when they started selling Bueno green chile here in NC. I was growing my own and roasting on the grill but i could not grow enough for year round use.

I spent my entire childhood in Elizabeth City near the Outer Banks.

I love North Carolina.

trink39.gif

Edited by moedrabowsky

It's my favorite food.

Just got back form a trip to ABQ, Santa Fe, Dixon...beautiful! At Bandelier National Monument we had some Green Chile Stew that was pretty darn good. Great state! Of course our trips to NM ALWAYS includes stops at Trader Joe's and we stock up because there ae NONE in OKC - dang it!! Hope ABQ sells out!!

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 29 2010, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 12:58 PM)

It's my favorite food.

trink39.gif thanks man!

I spent my entire childhood in Elizabeth City near the Outer Banks.

I love North Carolina.

trink39.gif

I live up in Asheville. The outer banks are amazing. I hope like hell the oil spill does not make its way up there.

QUOTE (bigalfan @ May 29 2010, 01:19 PM)

It's my favorite food.

Just got back form a trip to ABQ, Santa Fe, Dixon...beautiful! At Bandelier National Monument we had some Green Chile Stew that was pretty darn good. Great state! Of course our trips to NM ALWAYS includes stops at Trader Joe's and we stock up because there ae NONE in OKC - dang it!! Hope ABQ sells out!!

That's really a great area, gorgeous.

I just hope the pavilion is full -- or if it's not, they let some of us lawn rats in the seats.

I've never been to a Rush show that wasn't sold out or very well attended, so I'm holding out hope.

"But the economy" is the big lament and the fact that Rush's ticket prices have gone through the roof.

QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 01:20 PM)
I live up in Asheville. The outer banks are amazing. I hope like hell the oil spill does not make its way up there.

We went to a theme park in Ashville one year, but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

CAUCASIAN SAUSAGEFEST should be the new album title!

yay Dallas! This is definitely a 2.gif friendly town. Always has been, always will be. Rock on.

I don't think anything is Sold Out