2010 FIFA World Cup

g under p

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised. Mexico is better than they get credit for. France also not the same team as 2006 (like Italy). Argentina looked real good today. But, I've seen just about every game and to this point, I am most impressed with...Germany...they looked reallly, really solid even without the great Ballack.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 17 2010, 07:48 PM)
Mexico 1 France 0 ohmy.gif Ireland must be going nuts. laugh.gif

Oh we are!!!! In fact, I'm on the whiskey!!!

Come on the boys in green!!!!!

The Other Team in Green - 2

Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys - SFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheating Gobshites.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 17 2010, 02:22 PM)
Looks like the Africans are mostly going out in the first round...

Like I said earlier the winners will be either Germany, Argentina, Italy or Brazil. In the last forty years these are the only teams to have won the world cup except for France in 98 and that was in France.

England won't win they're not good enough, spain are good enough but their teams seem to self-distruct in these kinds of tournaments. France will probably reach the quarter-finals maybe. Holland might go as far as the semis but they won't win it, they're kind of like spain, good but flawed.

Not necessarily.

The Dutch have had many strong performances and this is one of the strongest teams they've fielded. Van Bommel, Sneijder, and Van Persie have a great chance of making a deep run in the tournament.

Don't count out Spain too quickly either. I know its a shocking loss, but they are an immensely talented team, and if Torres can get completely fit they are a totally different team.

As far as the Africans go, Ivory Coast are still a strong team even if Drogba doesn't play much. I think that they will make it out of the group ahead of Portugal, and may even put pressure of Brazil.

The Serbs came to play. They're attacking German defenders not letting them pass the ball around freely. That costs energy. How long can they keep it up? Very interesting game so far. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 18 2010, 06:42 AM)
The Serbs came to play. They're attacking German defenders not letting them pass the ball around freely. That costs energy. How long can they keep it up? Very interesting game so far.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

21 minutes into it and 2 German yellow cards already? ohmy.gif Make it 3. wacko.gif

Edited by blackhawkrush

QUOTE (Checkster2112 @ Jun 18 2010, 01:03 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 17 2010, 02:22 PM)
Looks like the Africans are mostly going out in the first round...

Like I said earlier the winners will be either Germany, Argentina, Italy or Brazil. In the last forty years these are the only teams to have won the world cup except for France in 98 and that was in France.

England won't win they're not good enough, spain are good enough but their teams seem to self-distruct in these kinds of tournaments. France will probably reach the quarter-finals maybe. Holland might go as far as the semis but they won't win it, they're kind of like spain, good but flawed.

Not necessarily.

The Dutch have had many strong performances and this is one of the strongest teams they've fielded. Van Bommel, Sneijder, and Van Persie have a great chance of making a deep run in the tournament.

Don't count out Spain too quickly either. I know its a shocking loss, but they are an immensely talented team, and if Torres can get completely fit they are a totally different team.

As far as the Africans go, Ivory Coast are still a strong team even if Drogba doesn't play much. I think that they will make it out of the group ahead of Portugal, and may even put pressure of Brazil.

Agreed on the Dutch. They looked poor playing Van der Vaart and Sneijder together - vdV isn't better than Sneijder, so why vdV pushed him out to the left is beyond me. Elia was a revelation, but then there's Robben coming back. They only thing they need is a true striker in the Van Nistelrooy mould. Van Persie is patchy at best for Arsenal so I don't seem him achieving more than a few flashes of brilliance this year.

That was too close for comfort for Serbia at the end. The Serbs have a plan however, not allowing the Germans to spread their wings. So far, it's working. Germany has to stop fouling from behind. You'll get a card for that every time. And certainly from this referee. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 18 2010, 08:50 AM)
anyone have the website where i can watch the world cup for free online? someone gave me the site for hockey a few months back but i forgot the name of it.

ATDHE.NET common001.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 18 2010, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 18 2010, 08:50 AM)
anyone have the website where i can watch the world cup for free online?  someone gave me the site for hockey a few months back but i forgot the name of it.

ATDHE.NET common001.gif

thanks. if it's free it's for me.