Darts !

Slacker

I did when I was about 18 - up to about 22. At University we used to go to the pub at dinner times in Sheffield.

I bet you never played on a Manchester Board though...

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/darts02/boards/blogend.jpg

Its kinda like a London board, but for people more drunk, so no trebles - and look where the 20 is! laugh.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 27 2007, 02:40 PM)
I did when I was about 18 - up to about 22. At University we used to go to the pub at dinner times in Sheffield.

Its kinda like a London board, but for people more drunk, so no trebles - and look where the 20 is! laugh.gif

That looks like it was hand-drawn!!! laugh.gif rofl3.gif

Still love to play, try to get in a few throws with my board. LSM got me a Bruins cabinet with an ok board. She also bought a practice board (you know, the ones with the double/triple rings are half the size!)...I'm putting that one up soon again....Want to get the doubles/triples going again (funny thing is, since I've got both boards, the only T80 I got was on the practice board!) I'm hoping that my old ways get back so I can get the T80's flowing again! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jul 27 2007, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 27 2007, 02:40 PM)
I did when I was about 18 - up to about 22.  At University we used to go to the pub at dinner times in Sheffield.

Its kinda like a London board, but for people more drunk, so no trebles - and look where the 20 is!  laugh.gif

That looks like it was hand-drawn!!! laugh.gif rofl3.gif

Still love to play, try to get in a few throws with my board. LSM got me a Bruins cabinet with an ok board. She also bought a practice board (you know, the ones with the double/triple rings are half the size!)...I'm putting that one up soon again....Want to get the doubles/triples going again (funny thing is, since I've got both boards, the only T80 I got was on the practice board!) I'm hoping that my old ways get back so I can get the T80's flowing again! applaudit.gif

I try to avoid the T-80's cause everytime i ever hit one it seems i go into a funk, so i'll take a T-60 and know i'll put my D-32 out!

How's it going? Did you ever get back into the practice mode?

smile.gif Hey, a darts thread! Been a leaguer for the last 5 years, but felt a little burned out and skipped this spring session. Perhaps I'll rejoin in the fall. Have been throwing off and on for over 20 years now, but somehow i still suck sad.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 12 2008, 09:19 AM)
smile.gif Hey, a darts thread!  Been a leaguer for the last 5 years, but felt a little burned out and skipped this spring session. Perhaps I'll rejoin in the fall. Have been throwing off and on for over 20 years now, but somehow i still suck  sad.gif

Just have fun, man! Alright i know it's not fun losing, but hey at least it's a night out drinking beer with your buds!

I used to play a good bit before being "Married with Children" laugh.gif

Cricket is my game of choice...

And believe it or not, the more I drink, the better I shoot... seriously!

Of course, up and to a point... wink.gif but, I could be feeling no pain, and still bust out the bullseyes...

QUOTE (rushbass @ Mar 12 2008, 06:03 PM)
I used to play a good bit before being "Married with Children" laugh.gif

Cricket is my game of choice...

And believe it or not, the more I drink, the better I shoot... seriously!

Of course, up and to a point... wink.gif but, I could be feeling no pain, and still bust out the bullseyes...

I think with darts the more you drink the less you think!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Mar 12 2008, 09:31 AM)
smile.gif Hey, a darts thread!  Been a leaguer for the last 5 years, but felt a little burned out and skipped this spring session. Perhaps I'll rejoin in the fall. Have been throwing off and on for over 20 years now, but somehow i still suck  sad.gif

Just have fun, man! Alright i know it's not fun losing, but hey at least it's a night out drinking beer with your buds!

Yeah, definitely had some fun, won a couple three throphies, including 1st place fall 2003 but my partners were solid A's. It's a friendly cricket/501 league, A's & B's partnered. If it ain't steel it ain't real. The Pub we throw at installed an internet jukebox, so for an extra price I could call up any Rush album. TMMB is very condusive to happy throwing. I was probably a B+ at my best, but the last two seasons I fell to a weak middlin B (imo). Wasn't practicing anymore. Needed a break. But still love to throw a game of friendly darts at home (friendly- laugh.gif)

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/DSCN2192.jpg

My friend Mark admiring his four bulls. Have a removable backboard now.. the kitchen floor started to suffer.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 12 2008, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (SlackABob @ Mar 12 2008, 09:31 AM)

Yeah, definitely had some fun, won a couple three throphies, including 1st place fall 2003 but my partners were solid A's. It's a friendly cricket/501 league, A's & B's partnered. If it ain't steel it ain't real. The Pub we throw at installed an internet jukebox, so for an extra price I could call up any Rush album. TMMB is very condusive to happy throwing. I was probably a B+ at my best, but the last two seasons I fell to a weak middlin B (imo). Wasn't practicing anymore. Needed a break. But still love to throw a game of friendly darts at home (friendly- laugh.gif)

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/DSCN2192.jpg

My friend Mark admiring his four bulls. Have a removable backboard now.. the kitchen floor started to suffer.

Good grouping!

I haven't missed a season in 25 yrs. I hit my peak about 15 yrs ago... But I do have 14 championships and 6 MVP's...

And i like the PW ablum next to the board cool.gif

QUOTE (Slacker @ May 16 2007, 07:25 PM)
It's feels good to have a sound arm again. I'm happily playing my favorite game with no problem throwing my darts again.

I feel bad for anyone that steps to the line aganist me, I'm only kidding..

I am a very modest shooter, but look out!!

I'm getting back in shape too. Was out of it for a bit. threw a couple of 13 darts 301's....Feels good too. It's good to hear!!!

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Dec 31 2008, 07:15 AM)
Did anyone see Barney V Ronnie Baxter on Sky Sports last night?
The best bit of telly I've seen over Christmas! So exciting.
Barney got there, just, sudden death.

They hardly put any tournaments with our cable. I might get lucky & see it on ESPN @4am sad.gif

My dart game peaks somewhere between 4-6 beers. After that and the wall is fair game.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 4 2009, 03:28 PM)
We finally got a set of darts to go with our dart board that we got over a year ago.  laugh.gif

I'll be playing now and next time I see you Slacker... you're going DOWN!!! 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I love it!

We start the playoffs 2moro and i haven't thrown a dart in 3 weeks!

I guess i'll have to get to the bar early and start we a dozen of these trink38.gif ...

Lord help me!

My friend, who lives near my fiance, joined a dart league. I told her if she's still in it when I move out there, I want to join!

My father and I used to shoot on a real cork board in our garage sometimes when I was younger. I loved doing it, and find I'm pretty good at shooting too. I just have to learn the fancy games, like Cricket and all that.

http://www.mmdl.org/

The league I played in for about 15 years. Made the playoffs all but two seasons (There are 2 seasons each year Fall & Spring). I sure do miss those games-601/Cricket/301

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 4 2009, 04:28 PM)
We finally got a set of darts to go with our dart board that we got over a year ago. laugh.gif

I'll be playing now and next time I see you Slacker... you're going DOWN!!!

laugh.gif

Hopefully, you got Tungsten darts.

Archived