Peart's best

Boy, that's a tough one. How about Anthem, Digital Man, YYZ, Mystic Rhythms. It's just to hard to pick, but these are a few that I think have great drum work in. He plays everything so brilliantly! NeilFinal.gif

I don't think Territories is on electric drums??

But too broad of a topic....BUT IF I HAD TO CHOOSE.....I would have to say Jacob's Ladder...It's so hard to get dead on all the off-beat rhythms, and yet he does it with such ease...Definetely up there in 'Peart's best'.

People, that's why Neil is the legend that he is. Because you can't pin his best down to one specific piece. It's the whole package. 30+ years of eye popping performances both in the studio and on stage.

I'm looking at all the song titles above going.... yep, yep, yep, awesome, love that one, yeah, good one, of course, naturally.......

It's the whole package - he's the real deal. cool.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 30 2005, 07:17 AM)
People, that's why Neil is the legend that he is. Because you can't pin his best down to one specific piece. It's the whole package. 30+ years of eye popping performances both in the studio and on stage.

I'm looking at all the song titles above going.... yep, yep, yep, awesome, love that one, yeah, good one, of course, naturally.......

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 30 2005, 10:33 AM)
People, that's why Neil is the legend that he is.  Because you can't pin his best down to one specific piece.  It's the whole package.  30+ years of eye popping performances both in the studio and on stage.

goodpost.gif

GG likes it when you mention Neil and Package in the same sentence.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Mar 30 2005, 10:23 AM)
People, that's why Neil is the legend that he is.  Because you can't pin his best down to one specific piece.  It's the whole package.  30+ years of eye popping performances both in the studio and on stage.

goodpost.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I didn't even THINK of that. Until now, of course. drool1.gif

Nice one, MSC. smile.gif

Oh, and BTW, I love "Scars." It ROCKS, man....it just...ROCKS.

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Mar 30 2005, 11:23 AM)

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Mar 30 2005, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 30 2005, 11:30 AM)

Oh, and BTW, I love "Scars."  It ROCKS, man....it just...ROCKS.

Real Rush fans can quote from the bible(s).

NeilFinal.gif

laugh.gif

Amen, brother...

Now, let us all turn to page 258 in the Ghost Rider as we join in reading letter to Brutus number 28...

biggrin.gif

So hard to say, his early stuff, he is so quick, I love that. His later stuff in more advanced and intricate. Boy this is tough... I think I must think more about this.. I was ready to answer but now I'm changing my mind again. unsure.gif

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Mar 30 2005, 11:23 AM)

goodpost.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Good one shrimpcot.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 30 2005, 08:17 AM)

goodpost.gif Couldn't have said it better myself. He is indeed the real deal. NeilFinal.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Mar 29 2005, 07:37 PM)

But too broad of a topic....BUT IF I HAD TO CHOOSE.....I would have to say Jacob's Ladder...It's so hard to get dead on all the off-beat rhythms, and yet he does it with such ease...Definetely up there in 'Peart's best'.

It is on the electronic drums. You can tell in the beginning.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Apr 9 2005, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (yyzyy @ Mar 29 2005, 07:37 PM)

It is on the electronic drums. You can tell in the beginning.

Cool I wasnt aware he ever used an electronic kit!

For me though his drumming through Vapour Trails was imense.