Just seen Road to Perdition

Steevo

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Feb 16 2010, 05:16 PM)
I can never watch that movie again.  Agreed..it was well done and I was hooked...but, well, i wont spoil it for others, but there were just some things in it that I can never see again.

Extremely emotional, I could never watch again either. Some movies I just won't.

Great film on so many levels, not least the acting from the leads as well as the supporting cast.

But for me the icing on the cake was the exceptional soundtrack by Thomas "Shawshank" Newman.

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Feb 16 2010, 04:36 PM)
Great film on so many levels, not least the acting from the leads as well as the supporting cast.

But for me the icing on the cake was the exceptional soundtrack by Thomas "Shawshank" Newman.

yeah, the soundtrack is tops. i didn't know that he did shawshank. but it's obvious that he did the music for 2 other sam mendes films: american beauty and revolutionary road.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 17 2010, 07:18 AM)

yeah, the soundtrack is tops. i didn't know that he did shawshank. but it's obvious that he did the music for 2 other sam mendes films: american beauty and revolutionary road.

The ironic think about Thomas Newman is that he has yet to win an Oscar for best score, even though many of his film scores have won critical acclaim from public & the industry itself.

Don't know if he's up for nomination in this year's Oscars, but surely it won't be long before he gets some recognition for his brilliant works

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Feb 17 2010, 02:41 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 17 2010, 07:18 AM)

The ironic think about Thomas Newman is that he has yet to win an Oscar for best score, even though many of his film scores have won critical acclaim from public & the industry itself.

Don't know if he's up for nomination in this year's Oscars, but surely it won't be long before he gets some recognition for his brilliant works

He also did Finding Nemo, which I thought was a really good score.

His score for Road to Perdition was nominated, but he lost out to Frida, by Elliot Goldenthall. I actually thought that Road to Perdition or Catch Me if You Can (John Williams) should have won that year.