iSlate?

iluvgeddy05

Not sure if it's been unveiled yet. the iSlate, or iPad, iTablet, etc. runs iphone apps and such.

Some are saying it's overhyped and a complete failure.

I think it looks cool. If it takes the place of a bigger laptop and has a touch-keypad, that's a good idea..

Thoughts from the TRF techies??

Ipad

It is indeed called the "Ipad", a super-duper tablet PC

Looks nice, but the article doesn't mention exact spec, functionality or price

a case of watch this space I guess

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 27 2010, 04:14 PM)
I just saw the iPad commercial. The product is a revelation.
It's going to change the world.

Too bad the Apple stock isn't changing that much. 207.98 at the moment.

As an apple imac user and a non-iphone owner, this product interests me. It's better to carry around than a laptop but it's not a phone necessarily, but can do what the iphone does..

For my storage purposes, the $499 price isn't all that bad either.

I just loathe the name!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 27 2010, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 27 2010, 04:14 PM)
I just saw the iPad commercial.  The product is a revelation. 
It's going to change the world.

Too bad the Apple stock isn't changing that much.  207.98 at the moment.

As an apple imac user and a non-iphone owner, this product interests me. It's better to carry around than a laptop but it's not a phone necessarily, but can do what the iphone does..

For my storage purposes, the $499 price isn't all that bad either.

I just loathe the name!

goodpost.gif

I think thid iPad will replace the laptop.

I agree on the lame name. "Pad" reminds me of some other pad that men don't use.

I'm sure you catch my "Spindrift." laugh.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 27 2010, 07:32 PM)
Its just an iPod touch on steroids. confused13.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPod touch, but this seems to be the same thing on a bigger scale.

goodpost.gif

I was going to type the exact same thing.

I love my iPhone so I don't need an iPad.

It's a great invention though.

trink39.gif

Microsoft and HP, Lenovo, everybody that has one I think showed their tablet versions running Windows 7 at the CES show in Vegas 3 weeks ago, except Apple of course lol. Nothing special here yet but tablets, or some form of them, will become standard in schools by 2020 or so I think, eventually replacing most books.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/64364

I guess if I had to do some computer stuff in, say, a cafe or library, I wouldn't want to lug aroud my laptop and nor would an iphone be sufficient for me size wise. This seems like a great middle ground. I could see myself carrying this around to do work on. Didn't they say it weighs only a few pounds? I think my laptop is more, is bigger and, again, the iphone is good for "on the run".

Idk, I'm a fan and kinda want one. smile.gif

No, the $499 entry level price isn't bad, but they get you with the added costs, which are "gifts that keep on taking".

I was underwhelmed. Disappointed, really, because I've been looking for a small portable wireless.

Just reading up on this iPad and it seems Apple really goofed on this one. According to this article there is no multitasking here, so you can't do things like surf the web and listen to your itunes library or pandora simultaneously.There is no support for Adobe Flash (no watching hulu.com or anything flash based). No camera so video chat is impossible. This device would be perfect for video chat. No HDMI support so you could hook up you pad to your HDTV. It has a 4:3 aspect ratio, not 16:9 that is quickly becoming the standard. No wireless syncing with your home network, If your computer with my iTunes account associated with it is on my local network, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to sync your iPad over Wi-Fi. With the 802.11n networking, it would even be pretty fast. If Microsoft can do it with the Zune, why can't Apple?

This thing could have been jaw droppingly amazing, but it still seems like a gigantic iTouch to me.

edit for spelling

Edited by Snowdog

over priced, over hyped and under-spec'd. Not really impressed... although I have to admire Apple's PR dept - all that free advertising across all media plugging a glorified netbook with touch screen.

Inevitably the gadget freaks & "must haves" will be signing up for it asap, but they'll soon realise its short comings and will have wished for the Ipad II to come out a few months down the line

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 28 2010, 02:50 PM)
If it were an actual tablet....(as in a computer that is in tablet from) instead of an oversized iPod touch....I might consider......

but it ain't, Ill pass.

You are the "Apple of my eye......" It's just an iTouch on steroids. Ugh.

No wonder the stock is going down, down, down.

I was hoping it was because of Obama's speech last night.

wacko.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 1 2010, 04:06 AM)
Talk to me in 10 years, guarantee you my whole house will be carpeted with iMats. http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/image...0x_evoipad2.jpg

laugh.gif

I actually like the concept of the ipad. I could see its use as a book reader or for basic mobile laptop internet stuff. Pretty cheap, considering it is Apple. I just have waaayyy too many things to spend money on before getting to #132 of my list and buying an Ipad.

However, I just purchased an Imac 27" quad core. wink.gif So, it isn't like they aren't getting my money in other ways.

didn't read the thread, but the ipad is really silly. i own a netbook for travel purposes, and an itouch for extreme travel purposes. i can't imagine why i'd need anything in between, or any sort of cross between the two.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Mar 1 2010, 09:52 PM)
didn't read the thread, but the ipad is really silly. i own a netbook for travel purposes, and an itouch for extreme travel purposes. i can't imagine why i'd need anything in between, or any sort of cross between the two.

Don't you mean "Beneath, Between And Behind?" LOL!

By the time the iPad hits the streets this damn thing will already be outdated!

What the hell is taking so long????