Cops

PumpkinHead

2 other "cop" stories from my huge collection

Driving to Vegas Feb 15th 2005, day after valentines day, to meet some friends who were already there. I have drivin this same run from Phoenix to Vegas 70+ times, I was alone in my chevy astro van. Crossed Hoover dam about 11pm on that Friday night, traffic was light. 1st city you come to is Bolder NV, about 2 miles from the main intersection/turn was a portable hazard sign flashing (Can't remember exactly, but very close to...) "POLICE ROAD BLOCK AHEAD, DRUG SNIFFING DOGS" ! I never seen anything like this before crossing into Nevada or anywhere & I could see some kind of flashing barricades & police cars up the road a ways. I panicked, having a small amount of pot with me I didn't want to chance it so I turned into a housing development that was way before the road block. After I was only a block or 2 into the neighborhood I suddenly noticed a car behind me, I turned & it followed & I saw Another ! Then I realized this was a trap. I tried to speed around the next corner & toss my stash out the window, but then were right on me, instead of tossing out the window which they would have seen for sure I stuffed the Altoids tin that housed a sneek/a/toke, lighter & super glue container with some cleaned pot. Right then they "lit" me up like daylight. they got on the PA & told me to leave my hands on the wheel & not to move ! They ran up with dogs barking & opened my passenger door & side slide door & declared the vehicle "clear" ! Most officers backed off a little & the lead state trooper asked me what I was holding. I first hesitated & he blurts, "You know I know you have something..... If you come clean I will let you go", I'm like "really" ? He's tell's me again. I'm FREEKING OUT, with my past criminal record even a little pot could put me in jail for years & years, I figured right then I was never gonna leave Nevada only cause I would be in prison ! Well I told him it was in my pants & he told me to take it out. I did & he opened it & found my stash. He gave me the lighter back & ask me if this was it. I guess I look believable cause he said he believed me. He asked for my drivers licence & just looked at it while he told me to never enter Nevada with drugs again & handed it back to me & told me to get on my way. I thanked him for the break & he's like "get a move on before I change my mind"....... Unreal ! !

Upon reflection, This was a sting operation, they must have been looking for a BIG fish. When & got back on the main road towards the road block I still couldn't belive what just happened. Up at the road block was a bunch of flashing signs & 2 patrol cars parked strategically , BUT no road block, no cops, no dogs, they were back at what turned out to be the only place to turn before the fake road block, hence the trap/sting.

The whole stop took only 5 minutes, no more. I never got out of the drivers seat. The dogs never stopped barking, they never did a sniff test.

So I got LUCKY in Vegas ( or on my way to Vegas ).

----- June 2008 -----( I posted this under "Almost Got Arrested, For displaying my enthusiasm for Rush" )

Driving into work last Friday, a police car pulls up behind me & light's me up. I pull over & He come's up & ask's for license/ins/reg & ask's me if I was the one who altered my license plate. ( I have a personalized plate of GOTRUSH, but i attached a Question mark ? at the end with a sticker, so i kinda looks like GOTRUSH? ) well i say sure, the older officer informs me this is a "Criminal Offence" and i explain its been there for 4 years & i have had various encounters with law enforsment & nobody ever told me i should remove it ! ( my son is a county Sheriff Officer ) Then he tells me i'm lucky he doesn't take me to JAIL ! jezzz.... the more i spoke the madder he got. He ended up writing a Criminal Ticket for " Knownly Displaying Altered Plates" with a court date on monday june 16th. I haven't yet checked into the penalty/fine for this.

they took pictures & removed the sticker like it was the crime of the century. there was 3 cars & 5 cops at one point ! what a Joke ! oh yea this happened here in Phoenix @ about 8am.

I'm not sure if I want to fight this ticket, or if that's gonna piss the Judge off worse, plus I would have to take time off work & deal with the stupid court process, Thinking on asking for a postponment & then set another court date & maybe the officer won't make it to court.......

*** Follow up, In court if I pleaded not guilty I would have had a trial with judge (no jury) & the state would have to prove it case ( which seemed highly probabitle ) Ignorance of the law is no defense the Judge informed me. So I pleaded guilty & even though the Judge thought the whole thing was frivolous she explained the "Law" & read the statue verbatim & Instead of 30 days & 2500.00 fine, Imposed no jail & 200.00 fine.

I've never been arrested and have been caught speeding once but I can't say I favor cops much...

I remember THIS personal story: outside my home, a car was stopped with a couple inside. The couple was fighting (man and woman) over their broke-down car and soon they both got out of the car and had a shouting match right there. Then, one of them grabs a crow-bar not to use it on the car, but starts waving it around (forget which one). Seeing as we didn't want to get involved, we called the cops and told them about the altercation.

By time they got off their sorry asses got to the house, the car was gone. And the cop came up and asked angrily "Why did you call us here?!" We told them what happened but he seemed pissed to show up on the "scene" to see it long gone. dazed025.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 25 2010, 05:55 AM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jan 23 2010, 11:27 PM)
My dad is a cop  sarcasm.gif

My uncle is one. As are some friends at church, and a neighbor of mine.

All in all, I think they do a good job.

Yep!! biggrin.gif

What a coincidence I just had a run in with the police last week.

I'll just say out of my 2 run-ins both were marijuana related.

The first time the officers were good to us. I was smoking a joint (stupidly in a car) with some friends, where we always go to smoke and it just so happens that the only time I've seen a cop in that area was on that day. So, first the male cop pulls up and is all like "What are you doing?" And of course I have to do all the talking whiling I'm half way to a panic attack. I didn't have any drugs on me but I had... paraphernalia and what not. So, he calls for back up, a female cop.

The female cop was soooo nice to me. Of course I was terrified because I totally thought I was going to get charged and my life would be over. But she comforted me and was extremely nice... if anything she wanted to help me not persecute me.

She told me, "Look, I know everyone does it, but just don't do it out in the open because next time you might not be so lucky." And they let us go with a warning and the car got towed... I know it was so stupid but that was back in the day.

Last week I was at Vapor Lounge in Toronto (it's a smoking cafe). I was with my boyfriend and all the sudden we look up and there's like 20 cops! I pulled the weed out of my pocket to show the one officer that was all I had and he was such a bitch to me. "I DIDN'T ASK TO SEE THAT." I should've got his name and reported him he was such a dick. Then he gave us the bullshit speech, "You wanna get good grades in school getting high on this shit?" Just a pure asshole. I was about to be like well... I've been smoking for 10 years and nothing but good grades. He tried to be all macho and telling us we were going to get criminal records even though you can't if you're possessing under 3 grams (I think it is). But then he let us leave and he only wrote my boyfriend's name down... so much for not doing it out in the open.

Anyway, we left, no weed, went to the LCBO and I saw 4 guys stealing beers! Where are the police when you really need them? Oh ya... Potheads sitting in a lounge aren't criminals. People who steal alcohol are.

It all depends on who you get... but I haven't heard of anyone getting charged for pot, unless they've had huge amounts on them. I even know people that have been caught dealing and just gotten a warning but others have gotten charged... it all just depends.

Like any profession, there are good ones and bad ones. I have a bunch of patients who are cops and some of them are pretty cool. One guy came by my house last Fourth of July and scared my kids really good as a joke. (They were lighting off illegal fireworks)

I think you should assume the cop is cool unless you have a good reason not to. They are just doing their jobs and in certain situations, they can be very helpful. I respect the profession and I think they don't get the proper respect they deserve.

Really I think if you're just respectful and cooperative and don't question them too much, they'll be alright. That's for most of them though. It's also possible to catch a cop while he's got a hair across his ass..

Most of the bad run in with cops have been when they are NOT in uniform. Ive had friends, roomates, female friends that have dated cops, and even when not in uniform , they tend to have that asshole attitude. Just from my own personal experience.

I think someone's like or dislike of law enforcement is completely situational. I have many friends and acquaintences who are in law enformcement. State troopers, parole officers, prison guards, govenor security detail; military police, city police, FBI, etc. It just depends on the situation and circumstance.

A million policmen/women can do good things, help people, stop a crime, aprehend a criminal - but one incident, from one bad apple, can tarnish all the good that the others are doing. We, here in our area, have lost one state trooper, three city policemen; one local policeman and one FBI agent in the last 12 months. These men had families; wives children moms dads siblings and all were killed as they were just doing their daily jobs.

Of course, I can remember when years ago when one of my friends, seventeen or eighteen at the time had the crap beat out of her by police, then arested and sent to jail.. So I guess you just never know. Good and bad, just like any other profession.

Archived