What songs would you choose for Rock Band: Rush?

joshman

If there were around 45 songs that you would put as playable songs in Rock Band: Rush, What would they be?

For me it would be:

Studio:

2112 (Split into parts for easy play, but all interconnected.)

A Passage to Bangkok

Something for Nothing

A Farewell to Kings

Xanadu

Closer to the Heart

Cygnus X-1 - Book 1

Bastille Day

Summertime Blues

Anthem

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Fly by Night

Distant Early Warning

Red Sector A

Cygnus X-1 - Book 2 (Hemispheres)

The Trees

La Villa Strangiato

Time Stand Still

Force Ten

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

Vital Signs

The Spirit of the Radio

Freewill

Jacob's Ladder

Natural Science

The Big Money

Show Don't Tell

Dreamline

Roll The Bones

Ghost of a Chance

Finding my Way

In The Mood

Working Man

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Test for Echo

Can't Fight It

One Little Victory

Far Cry

Broons Bane / The Trees / Xanadu (ESL)

Working Man / Finding My Way (ATWAS)

R30 Overtured (R30L)

What would you pick?

QUOTE (joshman @ Jan 17 2010, 03:28 PM)
If there were around 45 songs that you would put as playable songs in Rock Band: Rush, What would they be?
For me it would be:
Studio:
2112 (Split into parts for easy play, but all interconnected.)
A Passage to Bangkok
Something for Nothing
A Farewell to Kings
Xanadu
Closer to the Heart
Cygnus X-1 - Book 1
Bastille Day
Summertime Blues
Anthem
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Fly by Night
Distant Early Warning
Red Sector A
Cygnus X-1 - Book 2 (Hemispheres)
The Trees
La Villa Strangiato
Time Stand Still
Force Ten
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
Vital Signs
The Spirit of the Radio
Freewill
Jacob's Ladder
Natural Science
The Big Money
Show Don't Tell
Dreamline
Roll The Bones
Ghost of a Chance
Finding my Way
In The Mood
Working Man
Subdivisions
Analog Kid
Test for Echo
Can't Fight It
One Little Victory
Far Cry
Broons Bane / The Trees / Xanadu (ESL)
Working Man / Finding My Way (ATWAS)
R30 Overtured (R30L)

What would you pick?

I would love it if they made Rock Band: Rush. They are a perfect band for games like that!

Great list, but I would add Territories, Prime Mover, and Manhattan Project.

Best I Can

Beneath, Between, and Behind

Bastille Day

Finding My Way

Before and After

Anthem

Fly By Night

Bytor and the Snow Dog

The Necromancer

What Your Doing

In The Mood

In The End

Working Man

2112:Overture and Temples

Something For Nothing

Lessons

Passage to Bangkok

One cool thing that should be included would be: Finish all of the songs on drums and it unlocks a playable Neil drum solo.

LEVEL 1

Finding My Way

Lakeside Park

Fly By Night

Red Sector A

Afterimage

The Pass

LEVEL 2

A Passage to Bangkok

Closer to the Heart

The Big Money

Distant Early Warning

Dreamline

In the Mood

LEVEL 3

Time Stand Still

Circumstances

Marathon

Dreamline

Bravado

Subdivisions

LEVEL 4

Jacob's Ladder

Red Barchetta

Far Cry

New World Man

Driven

Roll the Bones

LEVEL 5

One Little Victory

Tom Sawyer

2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx)

The Analog Kid

Leave That Thing Alone

Xanadu

LEVEL 6

The Spirit of Radio

The Trees

The Camera Eye

Working Man

Cygnus X-1

Limelight

LEVEL 7

A Farewell to Kings

La Villa Strangiato

Freewill

Natural Science

By-Tor & the Snowdog

Yyz

When it comes to 2112 being on it, it should be available for play as the whole thing, then in separate parts. Overture/Temples of Syrinx...Discovery/Presentation...Oracle:The Dream/Soliloquy/Grand Finale. I'll have my complete list of the 45 that would come with the game later. I'll not include anything from Moving Pictures because it's already available on DLC.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jan 18 2010, 06:56 AM)
One cool thing that should be included would be: Finish all of the songs on drums and it unlocks a playable Neil drum solo.

Yes, with the two guitar controllers playing some of the xylophone and other non-drum special effects. That would be way cool.

In my role as dinosaur/boring old fart/luddite I have to have a bit of a moan about these 'games' like Rock Band, Guitar Hero etc.

I'm utterly convinced that they are causing a proportion of kids not to actually pick up a guitar, sticks or whatever because they get the impression that they are playing the instrument well through these games. No.1 son and his mates play these all the time. I've said to them over and over again 'look, go through the music room and pick up a guitar, a bass and sit behind the drums. I trust you not to break stuff, just be careful. Go make a noise' They never do and I know why...

Plug in 'Rock Band' or 'Guitar Hero', pick up the little plastic 'guitar' or the little drum pad and within a half hour you think you're playing. When I was a laddie you started off with your mate on the drums giving it the old basic 'boom tsh boom boom tsh', your mate on the bass playing 4 or 5 notes if you were lucky and your mate on the guitar sticking to power cords and the odd, badly done, run up and down the box and eventually, over weeks, months and years, you got better, maybe joined different bands, maybe gigged a few schools and pubs. The few, the very few, went further but all actually played and had a time and a half doing so with memories that we carry 20-odd years later.

Ah well, time marches on I guess. I'm away to be a WW2 Tommy - apparently if I get blown apart by a grenade I just have to wait a few seconds and I'll get better..just like real life. Pass me the sten gun.

QUOTE (deamhain @ Jan 31 2010, 01:33 PM)
In my role as dinosaur/boring old fart/luddite I have to have a bit of a moan about these 'games' like Rock Band, Guitar Hero etc.

I'm utterly convinced that they are causing a proportion of kids not to actually pick up a guitar, sticks or whatever because they get the impression that they are playing the instrument well through these games. No.1 son and his mates play these all the time. I've said to them over and over again 'look, go through the music room and pick up a guitar, a bass and sit behind the drums. I trust you not to break stuff, just be careful. Go make a noise' They never do and I know why...

Plug in 'Rock Band' or 'Guitar Hero', pick up the little plastic 'guitar' or the little drum pad and within a half hour you think you're playing. When I was a laddie you started off with your mate on the drums giving it the old basic 'boom tsh boom boom tsh', your mate on the bass playing 4 or 5 notes if you were lucky and your mate on the guitar sticking to power cords and the odd, badly done, run up and down the box and eventually, over weeks, months and years, you got better, maybe joined different bands, maybe gigged a few schools and pubs. The few, the very few, went further but all actually played and had a time and a half doing so with memories that we carry 20-odd years later.

Ah well, time marches on I guess. I'm away to be a WW2 Tommy - apparently if I get blown apart by a grenade I just have to wait a few seconds and I'll get better..just like real life. Pass me the sten gun.

goodpost.gif

I agree. Im one of the few teenagers in my village, that didn't get complacent, with a plastic guitar with 5 buttons.

Im not an amazing guitarist, but its still a hell of alot more enjoyable than Guitar Hero, because its actually a noise, that I am making, rather than guitar hero, where you are just activating a 'preset'.

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jan 31 2010, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (deamhain @ Jan 31 2010, 01:33 PM)

I'm utterly convinced that they are causing a proportion of kids not to actually pick up a guitar, sticks or whatever because they get the impression that they are playing the instrument well through these games.  No.1 son and his mates play these all the time.  I've said to them over and over again 'look, go through the music room and pick up a guitar, a bass and sit behind the drums.  I trust you not to break stuff, just be careful. Go make a noise'  They never do and I know why...

Plug in 'Rock Band' or 'Guitar Hero', pick up the little plastic 'guitar' or the little drum pad and within a half hour you think you're playing.  When I was a laddie you started off with your mate on the drums giving it the old basic 'boom tsh boom boom tsh', your mate on the bass playing 4 or 5 notes if you were lucky and your mate on the guitar sticking to power cords and the odd, badly done, run up and down the box and eventually, over weeks, months and years, you got better, maybe joined different bands, maybe gigged a few schools and pubs.  The few, the very few, went further but all actually played and had a time and a half doing so with memories that we carry 20-odd years later.

Ah well, time marches on I guess.  I'm away to be a WW2 Tommy - apparently if I get blown apart by a grenade I just have to wait a few seconds and I'll get better..just like real life.  Pass me the sten gun.

goodpost.gif

I agree. Im one of the few teenagers in my village, that didn't get complacent, with a plastic guitar with 5 buttons.

Im not an amazing guitarist, but its still a hell of alot more enjoyable than Guitar Hero, because its actually a noise, that I am making, rather than guitar hero, where you are just activating a 'preset'.

Well done young man. What you say is exactly my point. It's not necessarily about whether you are the next Snowy White, Randy Rhoads, Gary Moore or Alex Lifeson for that matter (or whatever modern day chappies you teenagers rave about these days smile.gif ) it is about your hands, fingers, mouth or whatever making a noise, making a tune, stringing a few notes together. Not, woohoo I can press coloured buttons. Keep it up. Your info thingy says you are in Aberdeenshire? Surely not? Big coincidence if you are. Furry Boots?

Archived