Project: Spread the Life

Mr. Not

...Alex Lifeson is underrated, we all know this.

Am I the only one who feels like taking action in making him well-known like he should be?

I know I'm not, type in "Alex Lifeson is underrated" with quotes and search in on google and there's over 4,000 results of that exact quote. Neil Peart is well known for a great drummer, Geddy Lee has his fair share, but Alex seems to be the least legendary in the band..

So here's some simple things we can do to change this:

- If you have a myspace or facebook, put him in your heroes, or take a stretch and change your display name to "Alex Lifeson"

- When asked who your favorite guitarist is, say Alex Lifeson, even if he's not. As long as he's up there in your favorites, it'd be better to use him as an answer instead of beating a dead horse by answering "Jimi Hendrix" "Jimmy Page" "John Petrucci" ect.

- Mention the fact that he's underrated whenever you may be talking about Rush, Guitarists, whatever! This will make people more obliged to check out more of his work beyond YYZ, 2112, what say you.

- Tell people he has a very unique creative style with harmonics and his whammy bar...

- Put Rush solos on top solo lists online. I've been sharing the "Kid Gloves" solo on a guitar solo thread and many people have agreed it's an amazing solo.

-And well, be creative guys and gals, there has to be more ways to share his life with others besides all that.

So what do you say? Do you want a legendary guitarist to actually be considered a legendary guitarist? I know I do.

To all of you who are in, Cheers!

trink38.gif

Your timing is incredible.

I was just typing in the THEM CROOKED VULTURES thread that Geddy was "The Weakest Link" in Rush.

I was just kidding of course, but come on, there are no WEAK LINKS in RUSH!

From the lame "outside perception" of Rushland you would say that Alex is the most underrated guitar player on the planet, but from the "inside" of Rushland there is no doubt that Alex is one of the greatest guitar players on the earth.

As a matter of fact if they ever do a new "IT MIGHT GET LOUD" movie, I'm hoping that Alex gets picked.

Think of all the people who are clueless about Alex. That movie would actually give Alex some more "Limelight."

Then again, most people who have good taste in music already know how great Alex is.

Heck, he's a nice guy too and he likes my wife! laugh.gif

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Jan 11 2010, 01:17 AM)
Am I the only one who feels like taking action in making him well-known like he should be?
I know I'm not, type in "Alex Lifeson is underrated" with quotes and search in on google and there's over 4,000 results of that exact quote. Neil Peart is well known for a great drummer, Geddy Lee has his fair share, but Alex seems to be the least legendary in the band..

- If you have a myspace or facebook, put him in your heroes, or take a stretch and change your display name to "Alex Lifeson"
- When asked who your favorite guitarist is, say Alex Lifeson, even if he's not. As long as he's up there in your favorites, it'd be better to use him as an answer instead of beating a dead horse by answering "Jimi Hendrix" "Jimmy Page" "John Petrucci" ect.
- Mention the fact that he's underrated whenever you may be talking about Rush, Guitarists, whatever! This will make people more obliged to check out more of his work beyond YYZ, 2112, what say you.
- Tell people he has a very unique creative style with harmonics and his whammy bar...
- Put Rush solos on top solo lists online. I've been sharing the "Kid Gloves" solo on a guitar solo thread and many people have agreed it's an amazing solo.
-And well, be creative guys and gals, there has to be more ways to share his life with others besides all that.

So what do you say? Do you want a legendary guitarist to actually be considered a legendary guitarist? I know I do.

trink38.gif

dude, you joined this site like a week ago.... why isn't your your user name ALEX LIFESON!! tongue.gif just kidding, cool thread and welcome trink39.gif

incidendally, I searched "rush is underrated" and got 39,900 responses on google... Neil Peart? 6! Geddy Lee? you ready for this? 2 responses!!! it seems Geddy and Neil Aren't underrated but Rush as a whole is.... I guess it's Alex that's dragging them down!! LOL!! (or up??)

I was just thinking about this. Neil Peart is known as one of the greatest drummers of all time, same with Geddy as one of the greatest bassists. We all know that Alex can really rip up a guitar, too, but his name isn't really known outside of Rush fans.

I don't know what to do about it, though. Petitions? Campaigns? It would probably make Rush a big joke among critics. It's best to leave that thing along.

I was sure there was going to be diverse opinions on this. Alex is respected by people who like Rush, this is true but I think he's deserving of more than just that.

I'm going to keep sharing Alex Lifeson with others who aren't as fond of him as people here are. Even if i only get three or four people to realize how good he is then I'll feel better about this whole situtation.

The reason why I'm doing this is because Alex Lifeson has been around for so long, and he still doesn't get his fair share.

QUOTE (radost @ Jan 11 2010, 06:05 AM)
I don't think that Alex Lifeson is underrated. In the 100 Greatest Rock Guitarists Alex is in the 31 place, Joe Satriani - 27, Gary Moore - 35?!

Feels great to hear that, can you link me to the list?

Source me somehow biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Jan 11 2010, 06:58 AM)
QUOTE (KennethRush @ Jan 11 2010, 01:17 AM)

trink38.gif

dude, you joined this site like a week ago.... why isn't your your user name ALEX LIFESON!! tongue.gif just kidding, cool thread and welcome trink39.gif

incidendally, I searched "rush is underrated" and got 39,900 responses on google... Neil Peart? 6! Geddy Lee? you ready for this? 2 responses!!! it seems Geddy and Neil Aren't underrated but Rush as a whole is.... I guess it's Alex that's dragging them down!! LOL!! (or up??)

Thanks for the welcome! biggrin.gif

Kenneth Rush, I'm way ahead of ya buddy....

I recentlly bought advertising on a huge billboard on the Sunset strip here in Hollywood. It will be up there a month

It says "Alex Lifeson: the Most underrated guitar player of all-time!" and below it is a picture of Alex'smug shot from Florida..

I hope I'm doing my part...? bekloppt.gif

Alex is indeed underrated! that's because he dosen't look like this:

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/Jimmy%20Page-7.JPG

or this:

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/slash-gal-guitar.jpg

or even this:

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/6433589154/6433548972/PROFILE/i.idlestudios.com/img/q/u/08/04/12/guitarsAngusYoung.jpg

Yep, poor Alex! All he has to get attention is talent! No drug abuse! No strange outfit ! No nothing!

edit: I just noticed that Slash cigarette isn't even lit... what a poser..

He does have a huge fan base in the Barbie world laugh.gif

http://www.netpreneur.ws/images/squidoo/testforecho/alex_lifeson_signs.jpg

QUOTE (Soni @ Jan 11 2010, 01:57 PM)
Alex is indeed underrated! that's because he dosen't look like this:
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/Jimmy%20Page-7.JPG
or this:
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/slash-gal-guitar.jpg
or even this:
http://s.bebo.com/app-image/6433589154/6433548972/PROFILE/i.idlestudios.com/img/q/u/08/04/12/guitarsAngusYoung.jpg

Yep, poor Alex! All he has to get attention is talent! No drug abuse! No strange outfit ! No nothing!

edit: I just noticed that Slash cigarette isn't even lit... what a poser..

So sad yet so true.

He did get arrested before though! But that was for refusing to stop playing music from what I heard..

So that's why he's underrated, he's only in the music for the music! How boring is that!

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 11 2010, 01:21 PM)
Kenneth Rush, I'm way ahead of ya buddy....

I recentlly bought advertising on a huge billboard on the Sunset strip here in Hollywood. It will be up there a month

It says "Alex Lifeson: the Most underrated guitar player of all-time!" and below it is a picture of Alex'smug shot from Florida..

I hope I'm doing my part...? bekloppt.gif

tongue.gif LOL!

The thought of that is funny and awesome at the same time.

Maybe Alex Lifeson can have "The Most Underrated Guitarist of all time" reward if he can't achieve fame like others can.

Archived