UP

southernjim

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 2 2009, 08:26 AM)
Picked it up the day it came out.

There are a lot of questionable movies out there, but this is not one of them.

My son and I both LOVED this movie when we saw it.

It's really nice to see a movie that isn't totally formulaic, isn't it?

(Pixar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Disney)

QUOTE (southernjim @ Dec 2 2009, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Dec 2 2009, 04:46 PM)
Pixar has always ruled.

yes.gif

+2 yes.gif

There's something always very "samey" about Disney productions.

Pixar's stand out like a breath of fresh air

QUOTE (southernjim @ Dec 2 2009, 06:37 PM)
Disney back in the day (Lion King, Aladdin, you know what I mean) was friggin' fantastic. Now they've turned into a bunch of pimps. (a la Miley Cyrus)

If you think Disney started with Lion King... ohmy.gif WOW have you missed the Steamboat!

QUOTE (owlswing @ Dec 2 2009, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (southernjim @ Dec 2 2009, 06:37 PM)
Disney back in the day (Lion King, Aladdin, you know what I mean) was friggin' fantastic. Now they've turned into a bunch of pimps. (a la Miley Cyrus)

If you think Disney started with Lion King... ohmy.gif WOW have you missed the Steamboat!

I'm saying I miss when Disney movies didn't suck, and the Disney name was a proud one. good pun

I finally saw this. It has been on my hard drive for a while and hadn't got round to it.....

I was expecting the usual Disneyesue schmaltzy sacharrine, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

What a charming story, told with just the right amount of characterisation and very emotional without descending into crude button-pushing.

Very impressed indeed.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 5 2009, 07:49 AM)
I finally saw this. It has been on my hard drive for a while and hadn't got round to it.....

I was expecting the usual Disneyesue schmaltzy sacharrine, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

What a charming story, told with just the right amount of characterisation and very emotional without descending into crude button-pushing.

Very impressed indeed.

Fridge giving a Disney movie a positive review ? These are the end of days. yes.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 5 2009, 02:03 PM)

Very impressed indeed.

Fridge giving a Disney movie a positive review ? These are the end of days. yes.gif

rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

Though it's not really a Disney movie, is it?

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 5 2009, 03:30 PM)

Very impressed indeed.

rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

no.gif

QUOTE (southernjim @ Dec 6 2009, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 5 2009, 03:30 PM)

Very impressed indeed.

rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

no.gif

Why not ? Pixar is a division of Disney.