Heard a Rush song on radio

vaportrails14

got off work today got in the car and on the radio they was playing scars, i never heard that song play on a local radio station

Nights With Alice Cooper plays Rush on the air.

Q107 in Toronto also hosts the Classic Rock - Saturday Nights with Alice Cooper.

Alice mentioned in a short interview with Geddy and Alex here (Aired 04/26/2007) during the 'Snakes and Arrows' Tour that he plays the deeper album cuts of musical acts including Rush that are not normally played on air.

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Nov 22 2009, 02:16 AM)
The rarest Rush song Ive heard on the radio was Roll the Bones... last year...

I've heard that, and more than once.

Rarest I've heard is either "Xanadu" (once, and the DJ made a big deal about it, saying how it's never played) or the ESL version of "YYZ," complete with 3.5 minute drum solo (heard multiple times on this one station I listened to in Providence).

But then there were also songs like "Between Sun and Moon" and "Leave That Thing Alone" which I played on the radio, when I was a DJ and we had "play-whatever-you-want day" once per month. Me and the other jocks would bring in our stuff from home and go nuts.

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Nov 21 2009, 12:01 PM)
Nights With Alice Cooper plays Rush on the air.

Q107 in Toronto also hosts the Classic Rock - Saturday Nights with Alice Cooper.

Alice mentioned in a short interview with Geddy and Alex here (Aired 04/26/2007) during the 'Snakes and Arrows' Tour that he plays the deeper album cuts of musical acts including Rush that are not normally played on air.

I love listening to Alice Cooper Live. Ya he does play quite a bit of Rush since he's admitedly a HUGE fan. That was a good interview. smile.gif

I don't think i've heard rush on the radio... my mother has, though. : o

There's this fairly new rock radio channel here, and she said that someone called them and wanted them to play a rush tune while she had the radio on. After a thorough questioning, she was certain that it was 'i think i'm going bald'(!).

Archived