WWII in HD

ILSnwdog

Is anyone watching WWII in HD on the History Channel? It's a 10 part mini series on WWII from the point of view of 12 different Americans that fought in the war. It's pretty awesome and informative.

Check it out if you have the time. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 19 2009, 04:32 PM)
Is anyone watching WWII in HD on the History Channel? It's a 10 part mini series on WWII from the point of view of 12 different Americans that fought in the war. It's pretty awesome and informative.

Check it out if you have the time. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think this was shown on National Geographic in Canada...........it's an excellent EXCELLENT series........I may have to buy the DVD collection.

The file footage is unbelievable!!

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 19 2009, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 19 2009, 04:32 PM)
Is anyone watching WWII in HD on the History Channel?  It's a 10 part mini series on WWII from the point of view of 12 different Americans that fought in the war.  It's pretty awesome and informative. 

Check it out if you have the time.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think this was shown on National Geographic in Canada...........it's an excellent EXCELLENT series........I may have to buy the DVD collection.

The file footage is unbelievable!!

Yes incredible footage.

The carnage is horrendous.

One fact that shock me was even before the bloodiest battles of the war, America was losing an average of 12,000 soldiers a month.

When I see all those dead bodies from both sides, when I see that 4 year old Japanese kid covered in mud, shaking like a leaf from shock.

Man, there's got to be a hell for those war pigs. There's just got to be.

I'm right there with you, fellas! Fantastic show and I will be buying the DVD set when it's released.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 20 2009, 03:29 PM)
I'm right there with you, fellas! Fantastic show and I will be buying the DVD set when it's released.

I think you can order it on the History Channel's website.

I'm putting it on my Xmas list.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 20 2009, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 20 2009, 03:29 PM)

I think you can order it on the History Channel's website.

I'm putting it on my Xmas list.

Yup. Available in January and you can pre-order now.

http://shop.history.com/detail.php?p=10816...show_wwii-in-hd

Make time to visit National World War II Memorial in Washington.

Truly an amazing memorial. The most striking part to me is the Field of Stars. It is a display of 4000 gold stars - each representing 100 Americans who gave their life in the war - and a huge piece of marble with the engraving of a single sentence "Here we mark the price of freedom." It gave me chills and brought me to tears. For me, the memorial is more moving than the Vietnam War Memorial.

http://www.josephpersico.com/images/WWII%20Memorial%20Site%204%2027%2004%20image%2017%20S%20%28c%29%20R%20Latoff%2004%20-%20Full%20Size.jpg

http://www.josephpersico.com/images/WWII%20Memorial%20Cookout%203%2029%2004%20image%2041%28c%29%20R%20Latoff%2004%20-%20Full%20Size.jpg

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2324209module12939124photo_1228689614D-Day_WorldWar2Memorial.jpg

Edited by JimboGames

I was able to catch a couple of episodes. It is an amazing graphic depiction of the war. I love the personal stories that give you a different perspective on the war than we're used to hearing in media and history books.

I want to go buy the DVD.