NCAA Basketball

tangy

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 18 2010, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 18 2010, 05:03 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 18 2010, 02:29 PM)
GO GAELS!!!! FUKK YEAH!!

"One Little Victory!" 653.gif

1022.gif trink39.gif

Thanks Tangy!! I am pumped!

I actually had my Gaels March Madness T-shirt on today at work watching the game!!

We have a Flatscreen at work!! Got to love that!!

Anyway Villanova is no slouch but they almost lost today.

There is HOPE!!!

GO GAELS!!!

Cheers!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 19 2010, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 18 2010, 04:29 PM)
GO GAELS!!!! FUKK YEAH!!

Screwed my bracket up (I picked Richmond, no offense, just thought they were better), but I'm happy for you! yes.gif

Thanks dude!! Sorry about your bracket. I bet you picked Villanova tomorrow. sad.gif

Temple upset. Gay.

Cornell upsets Temple

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Cornell's Ryan Wittman (20) goes for a basket at Temple's Ryan Brooks (2) and Micheal Eric defend during an NCAA first-round college basketball game in Jacksonville, Fla., Friday, March 19, 2010. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Steve Helber

JACKONVILLE, Fla. - Louis Dale scored 21 points, Ryan Wittman added 20 and No. 12 seed Cornell beat fifth-seeded Temple 78-65 Friday in the opening round of the NCAA tournament.

Jeff Foote chipped in 16 points and seven rebounds for the Big Red, which won for the first time in five trips to the tournament.

It also was the Ivy League's first victory since Princeton beat UNLV in 1998.

This upset came in dominant fashion.

Cornell (28-4) took the lead early and never looked back, showing why so many people had it pegged as the best team to come out of the Ivy League in more than a decade.

Temple (29-6) lost in the first round for the third straight year. Juan Fernandez and Ryan Brooks each had 14 points for the Owls. Lavoy Allen added 11.

Is Gonzaga U in the tournement this year?

Ya Gonzaga!!

Spokane Wash. baby!!

-D-RocK-'s USA hometown!!

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Mar 19 2010, 06:35 PM)
Is Gonzaga U in the tournement this year?

Ya Gonzaga!!

Spokane Wash. baby!!

-D-RocK-'s USA hometown!!

Yup.

At the moment they are doing a number on Florida State. 35-19 at the half.

For those who wish to watch games online CBS sports are streaming them for free

http://www.cbssports.com/

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 17 2010, 04:05 PM)
MSU is a good team, but don't be fooled by their performances against UK this year. Both games MSU played waaaaaaay above their typical level, as is usual with teams in the SEC who are only so-so but will crank up their game when UK is the opponent. It's really quite crazy; poor teams seem to turn into the Lakers against UK: hitting slop shots, drilling NBA 3's and just generally playing out of their heads.

I do think that UNC would have far more talent than MSU but keep an eye on Jarvis Varnado (pronounced Vanardo...) because he will own the paint and #22 because this kid will shoot from half court if given the chance and shoots an insane %.

Remember this: UK was in the NIT last year and yes it sucks but have some fun with it and just know that, as much as I hate to say this, Ol' Roy will have them back in the top 10 next year. Turnarounds happen fast with talent.

goodpost.gif I will keep an eye out for Varnado.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 17 2010, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 17 2010, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 17 2010, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 17 2010, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 16 2010, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 16 2010, 10:20 PM)
Weird seeing Heels playing in the NIT  eh.gif

At least they are kicking ass so far.

So much for kicking ass laugh.gif

Pretty good game and the first time they have hit 80 points since late december.

heel play miss state on saturday at noon. miss state gave Kentucky a real scare last week so its going to be a tough game for the heels.

it was nice to see zeller have a good game.

Don't think they win this one.

I saw Miss State in person this year, and they really are very good. They had some bad losses early that ultimately kept them out of the NCAAs, and because of UNC's name recognition, "The Hump" will be sold out, and that's a very tough home crowd. They are 12-3 (0.800) at home; Heels are 2-8 (0.200) on the road.

Not looking good if you're UNC fan.

We will see. Like I said above it will be a tough game for the heels. I watched some of the KY/ Miss St. game and they look good and came awfully close to beating KY.

I will point out that UNC lost by only 2 points to KY this year though.

All I want is the Heels to keep being competitive and for the young guys to learn to pick up their game and get ready for next year.

If somehow Heels win the NIT I wonder if it will be a first...a defending champion winning a NIT championship the following year....

Hey tangy join up in the brackets pool!

Sorry I did not get signed up in time. doh.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 20 2010, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 17 2010, 04:05 PM)
MSU is a good team, but don't be fooled by their performances against UK this year. Both games MSU played waaaaaaay above their typical level, as is usual with teams in the SEC who are only so-so but will crank up their game when UK is the opponent. It's really quite crazy; poor teams seem to turn into the Lakers against UK: hitting slop shots, drilling NBA 3's and just generally playing out of their heads.

I do think that UNC would have far more talent than MSU but keep an eye on Jarvis Varnado (pronounced Vanardo...) because he will own the paint and #22 because this kid will shoot from half court if given the chance and shoots an insane %.

Remember this: UK was in the NIT last year and yes it sucks but have some fun with it and just know that, as much as I hate to say this, Ol' Roy will have them back in the top 10 next year. Turnarounds happen fast with talent.

goodpost.gif I will keep an eye out for Varnado.

He is a great player.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 20 2010, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 20 2010, 12:17 PM)
Saint Mary's over Villanova!  1022.gif  common001.gif  1287.gif  applaudit.gif

HOLY TOLEDO!!! I AM IN TOTAL SHOCK!!!!!!!!!! I MIGHT HAVE STROKE!!!!!!!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Congrats on the win, Earl! I'll be rooting for St. Mary's until they play a team I like. laugh.gif trink39.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Congrats Earl! trink39.gif

Nova was one of my Final Four teams eh.gif

Another major upset in the making? Kansas is down by 9 to Northern Iowa in 2nd half ohmy.gif (Another Final four pick of mine unsure.gif )

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 20 2010, 07:04 PM)

Congrats Earl! trink39.gif

Nova was one of my Final Four teams eh.gif

Another major upset in the making? Kansas is down by 9 to Northern Iowa in 2nd half ohmy.gif (Another Final four pick of mine unsure.gif )

Bye bye Jayhawks ohmy.gif

Dang 2 of my Final four picks gone today angry.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (RushNut @ Mar 20 2010, 06:54 PM)
Kansas goes DOWN!!!!!! yessssss.

Let's go 'cats!

That's who I have as the eventual champions (UK) over OSU.

Rooting for Kentucky because they're from the SEC, and because they're probably the only team that I was rooting for that isn't out yet. laugh.gif