MLB 2009 Fall Classic

lerxt1990

Well we have one tie breaker to go, and the rest of the field is set.

Yanks would have to be favored in AL, but past performance may have some scratching their heads.

In the NL, I see a murkier picture - I can honestly see any of these four teams winning, basically CO is the only team surging at the moment.

It all starts Wednesday!!!!!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 4 2009, 10:13 PM)

Yanks would have to be favored in AL, but past performance may have some scratching their heads.

In the NL, I see a murkier picture - I can honestly see any of these four teams winning, basically CO is the only team surging at the moment.

Yankees pitching is quite suspect. They will have to be much better then they have been to win it all.

I don't see it.

I think it will be a Yankees-Cardinals WS with the Cardinals pulling the upset (they say it all comes down to pitching, and I don't think the Yankees can really compete with a one-two punch of Carpenter and Wainwright).

i like the cards. i think theyre capable of beating NYY or Boston. i like how the start times are an hr earlier this year. a lot of games are starting at 7pm AT this season.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 4 2009, 10:15 PM)
Yankees pitching is quite suspect. They will have to be much better then they have been to win it all.
I don't see it.

I hope you are right! I'll be pulling hard for the Central winner to knock them off.

Well the Phillies get to play at 2:35PM both games 1 and 2. Thank you MLB and TBS for f-cking that all up. Its a ridiculous game time. Yes, I know why, but its still pathetic. All kinds of people are struggling to go, and lots of kids that were going to go cant now. F-ck. smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 5 2009, 07:56 PM)
Well the Phillies get to play at 2:35PM both games 1 and 2.  Thank you MLB and TBS for f-cking that all up.  Its a ridiculous game time.  Yes, I know why, but its still pathetic.  All kinds of people are struggling to go, and lots of kids that were going to go cant now.  F-ck.  smile.gif

goodpost.gif

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/ridiculous_t_shirt.jpg

I don't see it.

I hate to say...trust me, I HATE TO SAY THIS!!!! angry.gif The Yanks have all the weapons in place. Look at the record, this not the same team as the ones in the last 10 years.

I truly believe that the Yanks will win it all this year. There's only a few teams that may be able to beat them & last I checked, they came up short. Boston, LA...those two teams could beat the Yanks but Yanks fans will be able to point to not 26 but 27 rings & won't shut up about those!

I truly hate saying that & in past seasons, I could say it was luck or even the umps fault for giving the Yanks some of the Chamionships. I can't say that now. The team has the right everything. They barely have lost since the All-Star Break. Their hitting is solid. Yes, their pitching is suspect but somehow, lately, have figured out how to pitch well.

I just can't see any teams really beating them even though I really want them to be a first round bow out. It's just not going to happen sad.gif

Well the Phillies get to play at 2:35PM both games 1 and 2. Thank you MLB and TBS for f-cking that all up. Its a ridiculous game time. Yes, I know why, but its still pathetic. All kinds of people are struggling to go, and lots of kids that were going to go cant now. F-ck. smile.gif

How about tonight's play-off? 6pm Central time. wtf.gif

If they want people to go & watch, the times should be Prime Time, not um, well, can you pencil me in for 3pm?

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Oct 6 2009, 08:40 AM)

I don't see it.

I hate to say...trust me, I HATE TO SAY THIS!!!! angry.gif The Yanks have all the weapons in place. Look at the record, this not the same team as the ones in the last 10 years.

I truly believe that the Yanks will win it all this year. There's only a few teams that may be able to beat them & last I checked, they came up short. Boston, LA...those two teams could beat the Yanks but Yanks fans will be able to point to not 26 but 27 rings & won't shut up about those!

I truly hate saying that & in past seasons, I could say it was luck or even the umps fault for giving the Yanks some of the Chamionships. I can't say that now. The team has the right everything. They barely have lost since the All-Star Break. Their hitting is solid. Yes, their pitching is suspect but somehow, lately, have figured out how to pitch well.

I just can't see any teams really beating them even though I really want them to be a first round bow out. It's just not going to happen sad.gif

You know what the difference is this year? The WWF championship belts and the cream pies in faces after a comeback win. These Yankees aren't all-business like the last several years. It's a lot looser this year. I know baseball is an individual sport for the most part but chemistry is important and these guys have it. Can't say that about a lot of recent Yankees teams.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Oct 6 2009, 12:41 PM)
Well the Phillies get to play at 2:35PM both games 1 and 2.  Thank you MLB and TBS for f-cking that all up.  Its a ridiculous game time.  Yes, I know why, but its still pathetic.  All kinds of people are struggling to go, and lots of kids that were going to go cant now.  F-ck.  smile.gif

How about tonight's play-off? 6pm Central time. wtf.gif

If they want people to go & watch, the times should be Prime Time, not um, well, can you pencil me in for 3pm?

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (River Alph @ Oct 7 2009, 12:43 PM)
go Twinkies

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Yanks win their 27th. Great way to have to listen to this one over & over sad.gif

Archived