MLB 2009 Fall Classic

lerxt1990

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 9 2009, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 9 2009, 06:13 PM)
f***ing ump...that was  fair  ball  wacko.gif

The home plate ump has been screwing the Yankees pitchers all day. We'll call it even now.

If that was the case (and a big if at that) the umps should even it out when twins are pitching...not on plays that could affect the outcome of a playoff game in extra innings...sorry dude that call was brutal.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 9 2009, 10:44 PM)

The home plate ump has been screwing the Yankees pitchers all day. We'll call it even now.

If that was the case (and a big if at that) the umps should even it out when twins are pitching...not on plays that could affect the outcome of a playoff game in extra innings...sorry dude that call was brutal.

Yep. The umps blew it. You get a break, you take advantage of it. Robertson pitched great and Tex hit the home run.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 9 2009, 10:56 PM)

Yep. The umps blew it. You get a break, you take advantage of it. Robertson pitched great and Tex hit the home run.

That's true..I would say the same if it happened to Yanks..I just hate seeing games affected by the officiating in sports when it should be decided by the players...especially playoff games.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 9 2009, 11:01 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 9 2009, 10:56 PM)

That's true..I would say the same if it happened to Yanks..I just hate seeing games affected by the officiating in sports when it should be decided by the players...especially playoff games.

I agree. It's part of the overall experience. It happens.

Yes, Cuzzi blew a call.

But Mauer proceeded to smack a single up the middle anyway, and the Twins loaded the bases with no outs. Also, even though Mauer's run would've scored on the next single, Tex did hit would would be a game-tying solo blast. You can't pin Minnesota's loss squarely on that blown call. They had a MYRIAD of golden opportunities.

QUOTE (mankad89 @ Oct 9 2009, 07:39 PM)
Yes, Cuzzi blew a call.

But Mauer proceeded to smack a single up the middle anyway, and the Twins loaded the bases with no outs. Also, even though Mauer's run would've scored on the next single, Tex did hit would would be a game-tying solo blast. You can't pin Minnesota's loss squarely on that blown call. They had a MYRIAD of golden opportunities.

Especially since the guy due up after Tex had been hitting kind of well today.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 10 2009, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (mankad89 @ Oct 9 2009, 07:39 PM)
Yes, Cuzzi blew a call.

Especially since the guy due up after Tex had been hitting kind of well today.

There are no predetermined outcomes. Only the result.

The YANKEES WIN!!!!!!

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 9 2009, 11:45 PM)
The Twins shouldn't blame the bad call... They left at least one runner on base ALL 11 INNINGS...

This should not be overlooked. No team that leaves 17 runners on base deserves to win.

Bring on Carl Pavano.

Sorry guys but that's a very shitty excuse to dismiss such a blatantly horrible call eyesre4.gif

It doesn't matter what happened prior to the said inning because regardless Twins had a chance to go ahead. I would say the same thing if it happened to the Yankees (No bias as I'm not a fan of either team though I admit I'm rooting against the Yanks) ...they left men on base the whole game as well (doesn't matter how many) and in fact had to tie it in the last inning to force extra innings..what is their excuse for not scoring earlier?

Failure takes up a major part of baseball; it is an intricate part of the game. To say that Twins' failure to cash in earlier a reason to dismiss a terrible call which could've affected the outcome of a game is silly.

Anyways it's over and done with but you guys better not bitch if Yanks get burned by a bad call rest of the series tongue.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 10 2009, 09:21 AM)
Sorry guys but that's a very shitty excuse to dismiss such a blatantly horrible call eyesre4.gif

It doesn't matter what happened prior to the said inning because regardless Twins had a chance to go ahead. I would say the same thing if it happened to the Yankees (No bias as I'm not a fan of either team though I admit I'm rooting against the Yanks) ...they left men on base the whole game as well (doesn't matter how many) and in fact had to tie it in the last inning to force extra innings..what is their excuse for not scoring earlier?

Failure takes up a major part of baseball; it is an intricate part of the game. To say that Twins' failure to cash in earlier a reason to dismiss a terrible call which could've affected the outcome of a game is silly.

Anyways it's over and done with but you guys better not bitch if Yanks get burned by a bad call rest of the series tongue.gif

I agree with this post wholeheartedly. The umps made a horrible call in the Phillies game Wednesday (Game 1 in which they won) - calling a guy out at third that was clearly safe. In the big picture, it did NOT affect the outcome of the game, but a bad call is a bad call - and as we know rallies and momentum can shift on a seemingly meaningless play.

Im not saying they have to get it perfect, but they have to be able to review or protest awful calls. I dont give a rats ass about the umps union or any of that, it takes away the integrity of the game when you say "crappy calls are part of the game" - I dont buy that.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 10 2009, 09:37 AM)
Sorry guys but that's a very shitty excuse to dismiss such a blatantly horrible call  eyesre4.gif

It doesn't matter what happened prior to the said inning because regardless Twins had a chance to go ahead.  I would say the same thing if it happened to the Yankees (No bias as I'm not a fan of either team though I admit I'm rooting against the Yanks) ...they left men on base the whole game as well (doesn't matter how many) and in fact had to tie it in the last inning to force extra innings..what is their excuse for not scoring earlier?

Failure takes up a major part of baseball; it is an intricate part of the game.  To say that Twins' failure to cash in earlier a reason to dismiss a terrible call which could've affected the outcome of a game is silly.

Anyways it's over and done with but you guys better not bitch if Yanks get burned by a bad call rest of the series  tongue.gif

I agree with this post wholeheartedly. The umps made a horrible call in the Phillies game Wednesday (Game 1 in which they won) - calling a guy out at third that was clearly safe. In the big picture, it did NOT affect the outcome of the game, but a bad call is a bad call - and as we know rallies and momentum can shift on a seemingly meaningless play.

Im not saying they have to get it perfect, but they have to be able to review or protest awful calls. I dont give a rats ass about the umps union or any of that, it takes away the integrity of the game when you say "crappy calls are part of the game" - I dont buy that.

Yes. The umps are doing an awful job and it effects on the game negatively. But, the Twins did not take advantage of their opportunities all game. Jeez, let's not forget Gomez's brilliant base running! Oh yeah, and swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded! Didn't they do that twice?

Mauer getting that double guarantees NOTHING!

Anyway, Game Three Sunday night.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 10 2009, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 10 2009, 09:37 AM)
Sorry guys but that's a very shitty excuse to dismiss such a blatantly horrible call  eyesre4.gif

It doesn't matter what happened prior to the said inning because regardless Twins had a chance to go ahead.  I would say the same thing if it happened to the Yankees (No bias as I'm not a fan of either team though I admit I'm rooting against the Yanks) ...they left men on base the whole game as well (doesn't matter how many) and in fact had to tie it in the last inning to force extra innings..what is their excuse for not scoring earlier?

Failure takes up a major part of baseball; it is an intricate part of the game.  To say that Twins' failure to cash in earlier a reason to dismiss a terrible call which could've affected the outcome of a game is silly.

Anyways it's over and done with but you guys better not bitch if Yanks get burned by a bad call rest of the series  tongue.gif

Yes. The umps are doing an awful job and it effects on the game negatively. But, the Twins did not take advantage of their opportunities all game. Jeez, let's not forget Gomez's brilliant base running! Oh yeah, and swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded! Didn't they do that twice?

Mauer getting that double guarantees NOTHING!

Anyway, Game Three Sunday night.

I don't know why everybody keeps bringing up the Twins' failures during the game...IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

It's like saying why didn't A-Rod hit home runs every time he was up before he finally did in the 9th or otherwise they wouldn't have had to tie it up in the 9th. Why did the Yankees put themselves in that position in the first place when they failed on THEIR opportunities.

My last say on it tongue.gif

I hope karma strikes and another bad call by ump this time f*cks up the Yanks.

Archived