Nick Raskulinecz just worked with.......

presto123

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Sep 28 2009, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 28 2009, 12:12 PM)
I'm not questioning his production skills, but even the band were a bit skeptical when they heard a fan was producing it, simply because the objectivity they look for would not be there.

I kept imagining him saying "oh, kewl! I am a Rush fan and I get to produce their next album - eat your hearts out!"

maybe everyone would be happier if Nick talked them in recording Cygus X1 - Book 3.

Well, the next album should be different. Vapor Trails and SnA are two of a kind, production aside. Time for a change.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, if I had my pick, I would go with...

PETER COLLINS

Seriously, Power Windows, HYF, Counterparts, and TFE were four albums with excellent production. To me, some of the best produced.

He proved that he could work well with RUSH, and I think he's the perfect fit behind the controls! yes.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 28 2009, 03:12 PM)
I kept imagining him saying "oh, kewl! I am a Rush fan and I get to produce their next album - eat your hearts out!"

I don't see it that way at all. He is first and foremost a professional, way before he is a fan.

And Cygnus X-1, Book III would be awesome. Love the idea.

QUOTE (Barchetta82 @ Sep 28 2009, 01:57 PM)
I'm all for Nick returning. He did a fantastic job with AIC...I'm buying that album tomorrow for sure. He also did a great job producing Shadows Fall - Threads of Life (although he did not return to produce their next album).

sounds good but there's something different with that tune "check my brain". must be the lamnmower effect on the guitar and the the part where he says, "california is all right". no, california is not all right. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 28 2009, 03:43 PM)
I'm all for Nick returning. He did a fantastic job with AIC...I'm buying that album tomorrow for sure. He also did a great job producing Shadows Fall - Threads of Life (although he did not return to produce their next album).

sounds good but there's something different with that tune "check my brain". must be the lamnmower effect on the guitar and the the part where he says, "california is all right". no, california is not all right. laugh.gif

"California's all right

Somebody check my brain"

Sounds like he's saying there's a problem with his brain for thinking that California's all right. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 28 2009, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 28 2009, 03:43 PM)

"California's all right

Somebody check my brain"

Sounds like he's saying there's a problem with his brain for thinking that California's all right. confused13.gif

you're right. i don't know why i took it any other way. wacko.gif

maybe i'm not all right. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 28 2009, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 28 2009, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Sep 28 2009, 05:06 PM)
I want  Fridge to produce the next album.

Seconded.

Well and truly seconded.

who's fridge and what did he produce?

Spoiled meat. wink.gif

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Sep 28 2009, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 28 2009, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 28 2009, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Sep 28 2009, 05:06 PM)
I want  Fridge to produce the next album.

Seconded.

Well and truly seconded.

who's fridge and what did he produce?

Spoiled meat. wink.gif

what's spoiled meat? you mean you have spoiled meat in your fridge?

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 29 2009, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Sep 29 2009, 01:40 AM)
I absolutely cannot stand that band. I hope Nick produces Rush again, but I don't see it happening.

eyesre4.gif

yeah, a little over the top harsh.

QUOTE (rushfr:CP @ Sep 29 2009, 01:05 PM)
the new AiC album is great.  Saw them earlier this month at the 9:30 club in DC, great show.

You can listen to entire album here.

http://www.alice-in-chains.net/

Just realized that they are only playing samples now. 

sorry

sorry dude but to me without layne staley(rip), it's not AIC.

QUOTE (JPRushHed @ Sep 29 2009, 07:59 PM)
I don't want Nick to produce the next record.

Too little time left for the band and too many talented producers out there to work with Nick again.

i think nick is going to produce the next one. according to alex he calls over once a week or often enough to see what's going on or how their plans look. the only way he won't produce the next album is if he's caught up with another project.

IMO S & A had great production quality but, while I do like the album overall, I find it's not as snappy tempo-wise as their previous albums and that's one of the things I love about Rush.

The only songs reminiscent of classic Rush tempo are Far Cry, the two instrumentals and We Hold On. Despite the slower tempos I do like Armor And Sword, Workin' Them Angels, Spindrift, The Way The Wind Blows, Faithless and the others mentioned above. I simply can't stomach The Larger Bowl and Bravest Face and Good News First just don't do much for me.

I don't know if the tempo is different because of the producer or if it's just the way the boys wrote the songs but if it's the producer, then I don't want Nick back for this reason. Other than that I think he did a fine job.

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Sep 29 2009, 08:22 PM)
IMO S & A had great production quality but, while I do like the album overall, I find it's not as snappy tempo-wise as their previous albums and that's one of the things I love about Rush.

The only songs reminiscent of classic Rush tempo are Far Cry, the two instrumentals and We Hold On. Despite the slower tempos I do like Armor And Sword, Workin' Them Angels, Spindrift, The Way The Wind Blows, Faithless and the others mentioned above. I simply can't stomach The Larger Bowl and Bravest Face and Good News First just don't do much for me.

I don't know if the tempo is different because of the producer or if it's just the way the boys wrote the songs but if it's the producer, then I don't want Nick back for this reason. Other than that I think he did a fine job.

i think the tempo always seems to be right when these guys write songs. i don't think nick has much say about how fast they should play. it's just the way the songs are made. neil's lyrics could also affect the way the music is made but i could be wrong.

Archived