Alternate Tebow Covers From Sports Illustrated

tupelobarchetta

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 9 2009, 03:45 PM)
Nope, nothing braggadocious about this guy...he's obviously as humble as can be.

http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/090109/tim-tebow/00002f.jpghttp://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/090109/tim-tebow/00003f.jpg
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/090109/tim-tebow/00004f.jpghttp://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/090109/tim-tebow/00005f.jpg

Just a selection of shots from his profile in GQ.

laugh.gif

I hate douchebags like that to begin with, but those pics remind me of my ex-bro-in-law and his MySpace page, which makes me want to throw up all over him then laugh about it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Sep 9 2009, 04:14 PM)
Say what you want about Tebow.

He gets the job done at the end of the day. cool.gif

Go Gators!

F**k the Gators smile.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Sep 9 2009, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Sep 9 2009, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Sep 9 2009, 04:14 PM)
Say what you want about Tebow.

He gets the job done at the end of the day. cool.gif

Go Gators!

F**k the Gators smile.gif

We'll see when they win again this year. 1287.gif

Watch out.....with too much more taunting you could get a sucker punch to the face. laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 9 2009, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 9 2009, 03:45 PM)
Nope, nothing braggadocious about this guy...he's obviously as humble as can be.

http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/090109/tim-tebow/00002f.jpghttp://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/090109/tim-tebow/00003f.jpg
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/090109/tim-tebow/00004f.jpghttp://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/090109/tim-tebow/00005f.jpg

Just a selection of shots from his profile in GQ.

laugh.gif

I hate douchebags like that to begin with, but those pics remind me of my ex-bro-in-law and his MySpace page, which makes me want to throw up all over him then laugh about it.

Every famous player in major sports does photo shoots. Equating a photo seccion(s) with douchebaggery is a reach.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 9 2009, 01:37 PM)

I would not feel differently if he played for OU.  I actually root for the teams in my conference when they play bowl games or out of conference games because it benefits my team. 

The SEC is not unique in regards to being proud and having allegiance.  You can let that one go chief.

I like great players in any sport and what Tebow has done supercedes what anyone has done in your conference or in college football for the last several years.  He's the best player on the best team.  Or at least the best team over the last few years.

I stated before that I thought Florida would lose a game this year.  I don't see anyone going undefeated in any major conference this year.

You should youtube the halftime speech he gave during the BCS Championship last year.  The Gators are his team and every player on that team follows him.  He is a natural leader.

I've never been a sour grapes type of person and this is what is going on with you two.  Nothing but sour grapes.

Paragraph 1: I think we'll have to agree to disagree. If OU led by Tebow beat Texas by 50, I know for a fact that you would feel some disdain every time the man's name was mentioned. There is not a single player on any team on Florida's SEC schedule this year that doesn't want Florida so bad that they can taste it.

Paragraph 2: I never said we were unique, so quit putting words in my mouth...chief. Name for me one player that has gotten as much hype as Tim Tebow. I'll save you time, there isn't one. Is he a really good college QB? No doubt. But I don't need to be reminded every time I turn the TV on looking for info and analysis for MY team, which is NOT Florida.

Paragraphs 3 & 4 are your opinion , so no comments there.

The natural leader thing may be true....but see comments above, it's overkill.

And then the sour grapes comment....what an interesting thing to accuse someone of. But I have been consistent in my position of enough about Tebow (as in I'm tired of hearing about him, and his position as the greatest ever is highly debateable), so that one doesn't stick to me no matter how many times you throw it.

I'm pretty objective when it comes to sports. I guess you'll see that over time. When the Giants knocked out my Cowboys and went on to win the Super Bowl, I cheered for them. When OU won the National Championship in 2000, I rooted for them. When the Eagles went to the Super Bowl, I rooted for them.

I try not to let the love for my team cause me to hate my rivalries. My disdain for the opposition has waned over the years. I give credit where credit is due.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 10 2009, 10:41 AM)
I'm pretty objective when it comes to sports. I guess you'll see that over time. When the Giants knocked out my Cowboys and went on to win the Super Bowl, I cheered for them. When OU won the National Championship in 2000, I rooted for them. When the Eagles went to the Super Bowl, I rooted for them.

I try not to let the love for my team cause me to hate my rivalries. My disdain for the opposition has waned over the years. I give credit where credit is due.

Don't get me wrong.....I'll root for Florida come bowl time the same as I do for any other SEC team come bowl time.

Until then, it's war, and it's ON. First big game this Saturday as South Carolina goes to Georgia. Tennessee at Florida the week after that. Basically any of the games between these 7 teams will have my interest all year long: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss. And of course any game in which the Gamecocks are involved will have my complete attention.

You're a Big XII fan, and that's cool, I'm sure you feel the same way about your team and conference.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 10 2009, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 10 2009, 10:41 AM)
I'm pretty objective when it comes to sports.  I guess you'll see that over time.  When the Giants knocked out my Cowboys and went on to win the Super Bowl, I cheered for them.  When OU won the National Championship in 2000, I rooted for them.  When the Eagles went to the Super Bowl, I rooted for them.

I try not to let the love for my team cause me to hate my rivalries.  My disdain for the opposition has waned over the years.  I give credit where credit is due.

Don't get me wrong.....I'll root for Florida come bowl time the same as I do for any other SEC team come bowl time.

Until then, it's war, and it's ON. First big game this Saturday as South Carolina goes to Georgia. Tennessee at Florida the week after that. Basically any of the games between these 7 teams will have my interest all year long: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss. And of course any game in which the Gamecocks are involved will have my complete attention.

You're a Big XII fan, and that's cool, I'm sure you feel the same way about your team and conference.

I do feel the same as you about rivalries in the Big XII. The difference is that I don't have any ill will towards Bradford for winning the Heisman last year. I didn't bitch and moan when OU was awarded the conference championship when there was a three way tie.

I'm done with Tebow talk for a while. In the meantime, you'll just have to suck it up and deal with the accolades he will receive from here on out.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 26 2009, 08:51 PM)
Tebow got smoked on sack...sent to hospital...being sick with flu doesn't help

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4507101

He took a vicious one. I wonder if he'll be ready to go against LSU in two weeks.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 28 2009, 11:19 AM)

He took a vicious one. I wonder if he'll be ready to go against LSU in two weeks.

The Gators were up 31-0...IN THE FIRST QUARTER. Meyer was very dumb keeping his very sick QB in there longer than that IMO.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 28 2009, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 28 2009, 11:19 AM)

The Gators were up 31-0...IN THE FIRST QUARTER. Meyer was very dumb keeping his very sick QB in there longer than that IMO.

I'm sure he'd like a do-over. It's too bad that margin of victory comes into play for the rankings. Meyer was probably trying to pad Tebow's stats as well.

Just to piss off the anti-Tebow faction. smile.gif

Associated Press

Tim Tebow's jersey was the No. 1 seller in April.

NEW YORK -- Tim Tebow already leads the NFL in one category: jersey sales.

His Denver Broncos No. 15 was by far the most popular on the NFL's website for April. His celebrity clearly trumps the debate over whether he'll ever make it as an NFL quarterback after winning the Heisman Trophy and two national championships at Florida.

April's No. 2 seller is an old quarterback on a new team: the Washington Redskins jersey of Donovan McNabb. And jumping into the rankings at No. 12 is his replacement with the Philadelphia Eagles, Kevin Kolb.

Meanwhile, suspended Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger dropped out of the top 25 for April after ranking 11th in jersey sales for the year ending March 31.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 5 2010, 04:28 PM)

Associated Press

His Denver Broncos No. 15 was by far the most popular on the NFL's website for April. His celebrity clearly trumps the debate over whether he'll ever make it as an NFL quarterback after winning the Heisman Trophy and two national championships at Florida.

April's No. 2 seller is an old quarterback on a new team: the Washington Redskins jersey of Donovan McNabb. And jumping into the rankings at No. 12 is his replacement with the Philadelphia Eagles, Kevin Kolb.

Meanwhile, suspended Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger dropped out of the top 25 for April after ranking 11th in jersey sales for the year ending March 31.

Who cares, he's out of the SEC now.

I'm sure I'll be getting a very, very few Broncos games here in SC, so it's all good.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ May 6 2010, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 5 2010, 04:28 PM)

Associated Press

Who cares, he's out of the SEC now.

I'm sure I'll be getting a very, very few Broncos games here in SC, so it's all good.

Is your football world reduced to the Gamecocks? I bet not. Well, I hope not. laugh.gif