Lifeson 80/90's solo battle #6

presto123

Limelight or Mission(ride out)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Limelight or Mission(ride out)

• Limelight
    • Mission(ride out)

Congrats to Analog Kid for making it to the finals. What a race that was. Here is the other semi final. Being that I have always considered Limelight solo a little over rated I'm going with Mission. I will vote for an emotive solo over a technical one every time. But no way do I see Limelight losing this one. Vote now. This will run 3 days as well.

Well... neither are very technically proficient anyways. That's why I'm going with Limelight. Honestly I'm surprised these two made it this far... there are so many better solos in the catalogue sad.gif

QUOTE (Jp93 @ Jul 26 2009, 11:40 PM)
Well... neither are very technically proficient anyways. That's why I'm going with Limelight. Honestly I'm surprised these two made it this far... there are so many better solos in the catalogue  sad.gif

I picked ONE SOLO from each record from MP to Counterparts. What solo is better than Limelight on MP? And what solo is better than Mission on Hold Your Fire? I think the consensus would be that these are the two best solos on those releases. Even though I wouldn't have personally chosen Limelight from MP I went with it because I know how Rush fans love that solo. (I personally prefer Barchetta or Camera Eye) Still don't get all the love for the Limelight solo??? It's not bad by any stretch but it doesn't give me those goosebumps that I look for in a solo. I could care less about how technical or fast a solo is.

I'll be in the minority and vote "Mission"; that solo is one of few things Rush to bring me to tears.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 27 2009, 03:27 PM)
Well... neither are very technically proficient anyways. That's why I'm going with Limelight. Honestly I'm surprised these two made it this far... there are so many better solos in the catalogue  sad.gif

I picked ONE SOLO from each record from MP to Counterparts. What solo is better than Limelight on MP? And what solo is better than Mission on Hold Your Fire? I think the consensus would be that these are the two best solos on those releases. Even though I wouldn't have personally chosen Limelight from MP I went with it because I know how Rush fans love that solo. (I personally prefer Barchetta or Camera Eye) Still don't get all the love for the Limelight solo??? It's not bad by any stretch but it doesn't give me those goosebumps that I look for in a solo. I could care less about how technical or fast a solo is.

Oh... I didn't realize you were picking one song from each album. Nevermind then, I agree with your choices.

QUOTE (Jp93 @ Jul 27 2009, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 27 2009, 03:27 PM)

Oh... I didn't realize you were picking one song from each album. Nevermind then, I agree with your choices.

Thanks. No problem. Maybe I should have just went with Alex's best 8 solos but I thought it would be cool to have a representative from each of those 8 records. If I were to choose my all time 8 Lifeson solos it would probably look like this(no order)

Between The Wheels

Emotion Detector

Freewill

Dreamline

Analog Kid

Mission

Marathon

Body Electric

Can you tell I like the 80's era?

Archived