Rush fiction

Mara

More! More! More!

I like it, Mara! I can't wait for your next installment!

The story isn't too complex, easy to follow. The characters are believable. I like how the story is building up, and it's not obvious what will happen next.

Keep up the good work!

I'm on a tear right now - a very productive afternoon. Didn't really want to leave the house because it's so hot.

So. . .there should be an update soon, for those of you who are interested! I'll put it in 2 or 3 posts to make it easier to read.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 20 2009, 07:00 PM)
I'm on a tear right now - a very productive afternoon. Didn't really want to leave the house because it's so hot.

So. . .there should be an update soon, for those of you who are interested! I'll put it in 2 or 3 posts to make it easier to read.

I am waiting.. with breath that is baited. smile.gif

Again, what YBT said! tongue.gif Still loving it.

I was looking forward to reading about the date - lovely night smile.gif

And do you actually know a real restaurant that works that way? (I've never heard of that before)

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 21 2009, 02:24 PM)
And do you actually know a real restaurant that works that way? (I've never heard of that before)

We did indeed have one like that in Atlanta years ago- it was near where I went to college. Sadly, the neighborhood went downhill and they are no longer in existence. They figured the tab based on how many empty dishes were left on the table.

It was an AWESOME date restaurant.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 21 2009, 01:24 PM)

It's called Dim Sum. It's popular in Asian restaurants here. They have dishes on carts and you just pick what you want and then pay for it at the end. It's fun. smile.gif We also have a restaraunt that has sushi on boats with numbers and you just pick the boats you want and then hand then in at the end to pay for everything. They tally it all up based on which number was what sushi dish.

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 21 2009, 05:11 PM)

It's called Dim Sum. It's popular in Asian restaurants here. They have dishes on carts and you just pick what you want and then pay for it at the end. It's fun. smile.gif We also have a restaraunt that has sushi on boats with numbers and you just pick the boats you want and then hand then in at the end to pay for everything. They tally it all up based on which number was what sushi dish.

I really miss it. One hitch - I did spare Neil and Clare the embarrassment that so often happens in real life: Chinese food burps!

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 21 2009, 04:20 PM)

I really miss it. One hitch - I did spare Neil and Clare the embarrassment that so often happens in real life: Chinese food burps!

That's nothing... I had a recent-ish date where we had Mexican food and ya... it lead to Mexican Toots later on... kinda a turn off. laugh.gif Well a brief one...

tongue.gif

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 21 2009, 05:23 PM)

That's nothing... I had a recent-ish date where we had Mexican food and ya... it lead to Mexican Toots later on... kinda a turn off. laugh.gif Well a brief one...

tongue.gif

Well, farts are funny after you're officially an "item". First date, not so much!

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 21 2009, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 21 2009, 05:23 PM)

tongue.gif

Well, farts are funny after you're officially an "item". First date, not so much!

Pffft... I'd laugh no matter what... I have a very strange sense of humour I guess. laugh.gif

Sorry, nothing new to post just yet. . .workin' on it. smile.gif

But I do have a nice outline in my head now where all of this is going. I had been struggling with direction, and I've got it! Buildup to the critical point, then resolution. Parts are written, and I'll work 'em in where they fit. Or toss if I decide I don't like. . .

Yes, those other two guys in the band WILL make it into the story. Alex is easier than Geddy, but I'll get the Gedster in there, no worries.

Glad you like, SL!

Wrote most of the last chapter yesterday. . . confused13.gif

I have no idea why my mind works this way.

I can't wait to read more. I have an image of 80's Neil (Specifically Neil on the ESL period) and a woman (Aimee Mann 'esque).

Its good. I really like your writing style.

Edited by Sir Lerxst

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 26 2009, 07:37 AM)
Glad you like, SL!
Wrote most of the last chapter yesterday. . . confused13.gif
I have no idea why my mind works this way.

That's very normal when writing something that you are very excited about. The more you write the more real the characters become and the more involved you get with their lives. Thinking about them in your spare time and visualizing lil scenarios that you can write out later... it's a great feeling. smile.gif

Can't wait for the next part! biggrin.gif

Okay, folks, I'm a day or two away from having the next part ready, barring an unpredicted interruption or writer's block. Now, there will be some stuff too racy to post on the board, so I can do one of two things.

1-PM or e-mail everyone

2- Set up a blog for the whole thing. I'm leaning in this direction. That way I could just post the link in my sig (like Ghost Girl does) and everyone would automatically know when there is new material.

Let me know what you think works best.

I really am having fun with this, and am glad some of you seem to enjoy it as well!

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 5 2009, 10:38 PM)
Okay, folks, I'm a day or two away from having the next part ready, barring an unpredicted interruption or writer's block. Now, there will be some stuff too racy to post on the board, so I can do one of two things.

1-PM or e-mail everyone
2- Set up a blog for the whole thing. I'm leaning in this direction. That way I could just post the link in my sig (like Ghost Girl does) and everyone would automatically know when there is new material.

Let me know what you think works best.

I really am having fun with this, and am glad some of you seem to enjoy it as well!

I tried to read your story, but it's tricky to read on TRF (I don't know why - maybe its me), so a blog may work.

Mara, in all the house nonsense I didn't write to you...but this is good stuff!!!

Keep it coming!