Rush fiction

Mara

I think I'm going with the blog idea. Xanadu93 is right; it will be easier to read in that format, and I think I can edit right there on the blog instead of doing a copy/paste from a Word document.

I'm not getting downright XXX-rated hot 'n' nasty (that's not the plan, at any rate), but it will go beyond the bounds of a "family-friendly" forum.

Will let you guys know!

Blog is created, and I have finished the next part. I haven't posted it on Blogger yet, though, because I am still in the learning curve on that thing.

Look for the link to The Masked Writer on future posts. . .

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 6 2009, 05:10 PM)
I think I'm going with the blog idea. Xanadu93 is right; it will be easier to read in that format, and I think I can edit right there on the blog instead of doing a copy/paste from a Word document.

I'm not getting downright XXX-rated hot 'n' nasty (that's not the plan, at any rate), but it will go beyond the bounds of a "family-friendly" forum.

Will let you guys know!

I'm right? But how can it be? I'm left-handed!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 7 2009, 08:49 AM)
I think I'm going with the blog idea.  Xanadu93 is right; it will be easier to read in that format, and I think I can edit right there on the blog instead of doing a copy/paste from a Word document.

Will let you guys know!

tongue.gif

Hey, so am I! I guess there IS something to the notion that left-handed people are extra-creative and smart! trink39.gif

Blog is created and new post is added! I included the parts I've already posted here, but they are a separate post.

I'm still learning Blogger (no, you don't have to join to read it). Right now it refuses to save my paragraph indents or double-spacing between paragraphs, so I apologize for it being a little tough to read. Right now it's also a pain in the ass to edit.

I also put the link in my signature.

This is fun for me; it's such an escape from daily shit, to immerse myself in someone else's life that I'm creating. . .

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 7 2009, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 7 2009, 08:49 AM)
I think I'm going with the blog idea.  Xanadu93 is right; it will be easier to read in that format, and I think I can edit right there on the blog instead of doing a copy/paste from a Word document.

Will let you guys know!

tongue.gif

Hey, so am I! I guess there IS something to the notion that left-handed people are extra-creative and smart! trink39.gif

Yays for left-handed people! bncegrn.gif

Wow, I don't think I've said "yays for _____" since I started 8th grade biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 7 2009, 09:49 PM)
Blog is created and new post is added!  I included the parts I've already posted here, but they are a separate post.

I'm still learning Blogger (no, you don't have to join to read it).  Right now it refuses to save my paragraph indents or double-spacing between paragraphs, so I apologize for it being a little tough to read.  Right now it's also a pain in the ass to edit.

This is fun for me; it's such an escape from daily shit, to immerse myself in someone else's life that I'm creating. . .

Mara, I use Blogspot too - if you're using Word to write, you might want to consider either using Notepad or just writing within the blog itself. It auto-saves periodically, and you can also save drafts before you post them.

If you're editing in HTML mode, try using the plain text mode (the Compose window).

I know it can be a pain; it took me forever to get the hang of it. Let me know if I can help at all.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 8 2009, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 7 2009, 09:49 PM)
Blog is created and new post is added!  I included the parts I've already posted here, but they are a separate post.

I'm still learning Blogger (no, you don't have to join to read it).  Right now it refuses to save my paragraph indents or double-spacing between paragraphs, so I apologize for it being a little tough to read.  Right now it's also a pain in the ass to edit.

Mara, I use Blogspot too - if you're using Word to write, you might want to consider either using Notepad or just writing within the blog itself. It auto-saves periodically, and you can also save drafts before you post them.

If you're editing in HTML mode, try using the plain text mode (the Compose window).

I know it can be a pain; it took me forever to get the hang of it. Let me know if I can help at all.

Everything looked fine last night from my home computer. Now I link to it and there's all this code where the double-spacing was supposed to be.

I just posted a thread in RP, because I want to edit all that crap out. It's a mess. Hoping I won't have to go back and re-type everything straight to Blogspot - this thing is kinda long now!

Yep, guess I'm gonna just compose straight onto Blogspot from now on.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 10 2009, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 10 2009, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 10 2009, 12:35 PM)
I'd love a horndog 3-word Rush story thread!  As long as we, the TRF members, get to write ourselves in!

OOH! We should! We should!

I'm a little nervous about it though. My threads often stink but I am willing to start a sex-themed, three-word-story game on Alex. You take Neil and we'll have to see if one of the GeddyGals would be interested in starting one.

Should we? Be honest.

Or would just one thread be better than three individual ones? I'm never good at making executive decisions.

I have written some stuff about Geddy before, as folks who are also on CP will know about... wink.gif

But I've never been comfortable doing things like 3-word-stories (or 'round-robin' stories, which there is also a thread for on CP) I guess I prefer to work solo.. tongue.gif

Can't blame ya there, Jaye, considering the current fanfic "novel" I've been working on!! biggrin.gif

It's fixed now; MUCH more legible thanks to the help of launchpad and Ghost Girl!

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Jul 8 2009, 10:42 PM)
I just read all of what you've written so far, Mara, and I'm loving it too!! biggrin.gif

Aww, thanks! blush4.gif I think the blog format is going to be easier all around, now that I've figured out how to make it "go". Plus when it gets a little racier (I promise, it will, and soon - within the next 1 or 2 posts), I really, really wouldn't feel comfortable posting it here. This a good solution to that problem.

This is the first time I've ever shared anything I've written with anyone - it's always been a rather personal thing for my own amusement. So I'm glad it's getting a decent reception.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 8 2009, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Jul 8 2009, 10:42 PM)
I just read all of what you've written so far, Mara, and I'm loving it too!! biggrin.gif

Aww, thanks! blush4.gif I think the blog format is going to be easier all around, now that I've figured out how to make it "go". Plus when it gets a little racier (I promise, it will, and soon - within the next 1 or 2 posts), I really, really wouldn't feel comfortable posting it here. This a good solution to that problem.

This is the first time I've ever shared anything I've written with anyone - it's always been a rather personal thing for my own amusement. So I'm glad it's getting a decent reception.

I know what ya mean...I only just started writing Geddy fanfics last year, and I've posted my work (one complete story under my belt, an a helluva long novel in the works, ATM) over in the Adult Section at CP, which have gotten rave reviews, much to my surprise, as I never thought my writing was all that good! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 8 2009, 08:53 PM)
It's fixed now; MUCH more legible thanks to the help of launchpad and Ghost Girl!

There you go...much better. smile.gif

New post soon. I actually have done a lot with this, but it's bits and pieces all over the place. The tricky part is tying it together neatly.

New short chapter in. Should be another within a few days. ***Alex and Geddy are introduced here***

Apologies for no installments in over a month. I have been working on it (a great sex scene, for one biggrin.gif ), but as I said before, I have to tie everything together.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 24 2009, 09:01 PM)
Apologies for no installments in over a month. I have been working on it (a great sex scene, for one biggrin.gif ), but as I said before, I have to tie everything together.

take your time, sorry i came across this a little late as it is...

really sweet so far, i like. =)

Allllmost done with next installment. I apologize.

I have truly learned the meaning of the phrase "perfect is the enemy of good". laugh.gif

I'll get halfway done with a section and then decide I don't like it, start over.