• Nick Mason
    • Ringo Starr
    • Charlie Watts
    • I have never heard Nick Mason.
    • I have never heard Ringo Starr
    • I have never heard Charlie Watts
    • I have not heard any of them
    • They are all equal

Nick Mason, Ringo Starr and Charlie Watts all are extremely simply drummers. Perhaps some more simpler than others. All came out in the 60's. All played with extremely huge bands that came from England.

Who do you like best? And why?

Hi Earthshine bekloppt.gif

I wish I had a better reason, but basically I just find Nick the least boring. I appreciate what Ringo and Charlie have done, but they were never what I got into. I was always more of a Bonzo and Ian Paice sort of guy.

N.M.

QUOTE (Shifty @ Jun 5 2009, 07:16 AM)
Hi Earthshine  bekloppt.gif

I wish I had a better reason, but basically I just find Nick the least boring.  I appreciate what Ringo and Charlie have done, but they were never what I got into. I was always more of a Bonzo and Ian Paice sort of guy.

Right on! Me too! trink39.gif common001.gif

I don't find Nick boring whatsoever. Never have. He is a creative genius. Check out The Grand Vizier's Garden Party from Ummagumma. Check out A Saucerful Of Secrets. Check out Careful With That Axe Eugene. Tons of great things he has played over the years. And he does not just play simple all the time. He plays what the music requires.

Ringo and Charlie are great for the bands they are in. Same with Nick. But to me there is no comparison who is the best of the simplest.

Archived