Up The Pool! A GREAT Jethro Tull song!

Earthshine

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

However! I say keep the interview with Ian. I love interviews like that one and the one on the Thick As A Brick reissue.

As for other tunes, I can't think of any other than the ones you listed.

How about this idea in addition to yours:

On the same 2-3 disc set, an entire live show from the 1971 Aqualung tour which was the first with Barriemore Barlow right after Clive left. And/or a DVD of a show if there is footage available (which there must be somewhere)?

A 100% agree about the Aqualung album. It lacks something in production and sound. Even Ian agrees with that in that interview. I can't wait to hear the 2010 version!

Well, I'm sure that you'd be willing to sacrifice an interview if it meant receiving a thorough updating of that entire slate of tracks listed above. Right? I should hope so. But, there's actually one way around losing this interview which obviously means so much to ya...lol. A double-disc set is also a distinct possibility here. Why not? This whole undertaking is just a figment of my imagination anyway.

They actually could fit all twenty of those selections on Disc One, and then have a Disc Two which includes a Complete Concert from some really good date on the Aqualung tour....that is, provided that a really good one exists. Then, an interview or two could be tagged onto the end. And, potentially, some other surprises. A double-disc 'Deluxe Edition' for Aqualung wouldn't be a bad idea at all. The album is a true masterwork of originality and artistic vision and should be celebrated and handed down to the next generation to embrace.

Speaking of double-discs and bonus material and whatnot, is anyone hear familiar with the first collection of unreleased bonus material that Anderson assembled and put out there in 1993? Oh, it's a big win, kids. The collection includes two aborted concept pieces that Anderson begun in '73. Both are included on Disc One. The second half is the material which eventually mutated and morphed into 'A Passion Play'. For the longest time, I was really passionate about an opinion that this rendition was actually far superior to the '73 finished album. I feel differently about the completed 'A Passion Play' ablum nowadays...The piece on the first half of Disc One originally included a rough draft of the big hit, 'Bungle in the Jungle', although its a glaring ommission here.

Disc One alone is worth the price of admission to this ballgame. Yet, Disc Two gives the listener and longterm fan another full slate of unreleased material. With this round, all the goods come from the 1980's. Quite a number of tunes from an aborted 1981 Tull session are included here...as well as plenty of really good leftovers from an array of the band's 80's releases. There really is no discernable reason for why these specific tracks were abandoned in favor of others. Many of the songs here are every bit as good as the band's 80's best work. Some even sound very much like viable 'singles'...being catchy and memorable after only a single spin. But, for whatever reason, these tracks were deemed unworthy of inclusion on the final pressing of that year's LP, and thusly, found themselves on this collection all the many years later.

Anyone who has purchased a few of Tull's 70's reissues knows that Anderson was a hugely prolific artist during these years and had amassed a nice surplus of material for each session. Instead of reaching back in time to previously written material, like someone like Townshend would do often, Anderson would start anew at the beginning of each new album session. After the new CD technology was introduced in the early 80's, a way of getting all this surplus material out to the fans nowexisted. The CD format wasn't restricted to only 42 minutes worth of music time, like the LP was, so Anderson was now able to extend the track listing for all of his back catalog. If you're not already an owner of this Nightcap collection, you need be. It's a great way to get a jump start on collecting the extended Jethro Tull catalog.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Jun 7 2009, 02:34 PM)
Ah, I see that someone has found the 'Life is a Long Song' EP...or, at least, a portion of it.

actually it appears he found the Living In The Past album, which just got a wonderful re-release as a Japanese mini vinyl.

BTW, I work for EMI and they are done with the Tull remasters for the time being.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 8 2009, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 8 2009, 03:26 PM)
BTW, I work for EMI and they are done with the Tull remasters for the time being.

Why? ohmy.gif We need more! common001.gif

Because we just remastered the entire catalog all with bonus tracks. Unfortunately Aqualung was skipped because of the 25th anniversary reissue.

Ah, I see that someone has found the 'Life is a Long Song' EP...or, at least, a portion of it.

actually it appears he found the Living In The Past album, which just got a wonderful re-release as a Japanese mini vinyl.

Ya gotta admit that the idea itself is a pretty good one...from the perspective of the longterm fan. To have the entire year of 1971 brought up to par and condensed would be great.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Jun 11 2009, 09:45 PM)

Ya gotta admit that the idea itself is a pretty good one...from the perspective of the longterm fan. To have the entire year of 1971 brought up to par and condensed would be great.

yes I agree Aqualung should be reissued. The mastering doesnt match the rest of the catalog that was just remastered.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 24 2011, 11:48 PM)
Great song...

Along with the rest of the EP and of course the Living in the Past album as a whole...

1022.gif

Great song indeed. They just don't write em like that anymore.

Living in the Past really is one of the great Tull albums. Amazing to think it consists almost exclusively of leftover tracks.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Feb 25 2011, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 24 2011, 11:48 PM)
Great song...

Along with the rest of the EP and of course the Living in the Past album as a whole...

1022.gif

Great song indeed. They just don't write em like that anymore.

Living in the Past really is one of the great Tull albums. Amazing to think it consists almost exclusively of leftover tracks.

Aye...again!

trink39.gif

Archived