Baby names

Janie

As many of you know, the husband and I are expecting baby #2 at the end of September. (Original due date was Oct. 5th but that got changed.)

Yesterday we just found out that...

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/MissElainius/Itsaboy.jpg

Now comes the hard part. Picking out a name!

Top name choices ATM are:

Alexander (no, not after Mr. Lifeson... it's actually the name we chose for baby #1 but decided at the last minute that it wasn't working for us)

Jackson (can't technically use it as my husband's name isn't Jack and Jackson literally means "son of Jack" but I LOVE the name!)

Connor (not wowing the husband though)

Wyatt (another one that the husband doesn't really like - thinks he'll grow up to be a cowboy or something)

Along those lines, can you think of any good boy names? Also, when we were going with Alexander the first time around, for the life of us we could NOT think of a good middle name that sounded good with it. Any suggestions there, too?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 20 2009, 02:15 PM)
How about Melvin?

Come on. Be serious. I should also note that I don't plan on using Geddy, Lee, Neil or whatever funky middle name Neil has (heard it once, I remember feeling sorry for him) if we go with Alexander.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 20 2009, 02:17 PM)
What is your last name?

Not too comfortable with revealing that. Let's just say, it's one syllable so if we have a four-syllable first name (Alexander) then the middle name can't be too long and complex or it will sound weird with a single syllable last name.

Can you tell? I'm really anal when it comes to names. It has got to sound perfectly put together.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 20 2009, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 20 2009, 02:15 PM)
How about Melvin?

Come on. Be serious. I should also note that I don't plan on using Geddy, Lee, Neil or whatever funky middle name Neil has (heard it once, I remember feeling sorry for him) if we go with Alexander.

I knew a super guy named Melvin once.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ May 20 2009, 02:18 PM)
Cuthbert Aloysius

"bright, brilliant, famous warrior"

Perhaps. Back in the day. But today it would stand for "one who gets his ass kicked."

QUOTE (Janie @ May 20 2009, 05:24 PM)
Cuthbert Aloysius

Perhaps. Back in the day. But today it would stand for "one who gets his ass kicked."

Yep. That's the fat kid with Coke-bottle glasses who eats paste.

I have always liked. . .Mark. Possibly because every person I have ever known with that name was incredibly cool.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 20 2009, 04:24 PM)
Cuthbert Aloysius

laugh.gif

OK...Playing aside. I like Connor. That's my sons name.

I wanted Cameron...Cam for short. I lost.

Ooh, I like Connor.

Also, I would suggest Justin, Victor, or Marcus.

I think those are cool names. cool.gif

Hafta say I have never been crazy about the name Connor, partly because it's kind of a "fad" name right now.

My cousin's son is named Carter, which I like.

What about Calvin? I've always loved that name for a boy (esp. after reading the 'Calvin & Hobbes' strip!) And if you are unsure about a name, stick your head out the window or door of your house and scream '(insert potential first name, middle name and last name HERE) get your *** here NOW!' Try it on... see how it rolls off the tongue... It worked for me twice already! I'm having issues with naming baby #3 (due in the middle of September), but it's a girl so I can't steal any of these suggestions wink.gif

QUOTE (baxtrice @ May 20 2009, 02:45 PM)
Also, I would suggest Justin, Victor, or Marcus.

Justin... Makes me wonder if he would have to endure kids saying things like, "Justin case..." yeah, I could see the name Justin causing kids to say weird things.

Victor... worked with a guy named Victor so makes me think of him. He was a cool guy and all but I don't really want to have to be thinking about him for the remainder of my life! laugh.gif

Marcus... short for Mark. Can't do. See above reasoning. tongue.gif

Andrew is another fave of mine. As is Lance.

Archived