Rant: I HATE MY f***ing SKIN!

Mara

bumper.gif

ok. at the point where I am putting benedryl on my face every day. seems to be working. mix it w/my regenerist.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 24 2009, 09:52 AM)
I have the EXACT opposite problem. My skin and hair are dry, dry, dry.

If I don't grab moisturizer directly out the shower, I feel like I'm going to crack into a million pieces.

My hair is naturally curly and I cannot wash it every day or it dries out and frizzzzzzzzes.

Me too. I have KP (Kerotosis Pilaris) and it makes me so uncomfortable when people ask me what's wrong with my skin. sad.gif But I do use lotions to control my redness.

Could be the total opposite, in the case of my son, and have ichthyosis. He doesn't produce what is needed to slough dry skin. His skin is usually very leathery and flakes off if it's not controlled with lotion with lactic acid (which tends to burn in the winter time when skin gets chapped). He's 9 and has dealt with it since birth. So far, no one picks on him because he has dry skin all over.

Things may suck, but someone always has something worse. wink.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 24 2012, 09:45 AM)
bumper.gif

ok. at the point where I am putting benedryl on my face every day. seems to be working. mix it w/my regenerist.

Say what what!? Benadryl?? Like, for allergies? I'm curious, tell me more.

Because....

I'm 40 and I had better skin as a teenager. I swear. I am still breaking out here and there. Um.... I think I've done my time with pimples thankyouverymuch.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 22 2012, 01:33 AM)
QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 24 2012, 09:45 AM)
bumper.gif

Say what what!? Benadryl?? Like, for allergies? I'm curious, tell me more.

Because....

I'm 40 and I had better skin as a teenager. I swear. I am still breaking out here and there. Um.... I think I've done my time with pimples thankyouverymuch.

I don't have pimples so much now that I'm on BCP's or "cycle regulators" (yeah right) skin has been very good in that sense

However, my nose and forehead get itchy. The T zone. I don't know why, but they do - for many years - especially my forehead if its past 60 degrees or humid. I want to rip my forehead off.

One day rummaging through the medicine cabinet I found a tube of benadryl and put some on the forehead and smile.gif so everyday - benadryl.

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 21 2012, 06:45 PM)
Could be the total opposite, in the case of my son, and have ichthyosis. He doesn't produce what is needed to slough dry skin. His skin is usually very leathery and flakes off if it's not controlled with lotion with lactic acid (which tends to burn in the winter time when skin gets chapped). He's 9 and has dealt with it since birth. So far, no one picks on him because he has dry skin all over.

Things may suck, but someone always has something worse. wink.gif

Yeah, my skins acts up really bad when it's cold and dry, much like where i live in the winter and I have used lactic acid lotions and agreed, they burned. Good to see I'm not alone in my bad skin type. Eucerin has some good lotions that keep skin from reddening and flaking so if your sons not in his teens yet, it will get worse during his teens, mine did, but it will get better after a while. I've tried almost every anti this or anti that lotion and Eucerin has been the best, at least for me but anyways wish him the best!!