Britain's Got Talent

GhostGirl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She did seem a touch uncertain (nerves?) at first, but yes, she's amazing. Powerful voice.

Well, f***itall, she lost to a dance troupe. eh.gif With the annoying name of "Diversity".

At least she's been virtually guaranteed to get a contract, and she got the chance she wanted.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 31 2009, 10:01 PM)
Well, f***itall, she lost to a dance troupe.  eh.gif  With the annoying name of "Diversity". 

At least she's been virtually guaranteed to get a contract, and she got the chance she wanted.

I must say that Diversity f***ing rocked the finals.

They are made up of 3 sets of brothers. Really really nice guys.

And Susan was very gracious. wub.gif

Edited by Mrs. Huck Rogers

Susan Boyle 'drained' by pressure sad.gif

Britain's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan said that singer Susan Boyle was emotionally drained and exhausted after being put under more pressure than any other contestant in the show. Skip related content

Morgan, who was contacted by Prime Minister Gordon Brown after the singer was admitted to a clinic at the weekend, told GMTV: "Nobody has had to put up with the kind of attention Susan has had.

"Nobody could have predicted it. It has been crazy, she has gone from anonymity to being the most downloaded woman in history."

The singer was rushed to the Priory clinic after she started acting strangely following her shock defeat to dance group Diversity on Saturday.

Gordon Brown revealed that he had contacted Piers Morgan and fellow judge Simon Cowell to check that Susan Boyle was OK. Speaking on GMTV, he added: "I hope Susan Boyle is OK because she is a really, really nice person and I think she will do well. I spoke to Simon Cowell last night and to Piers Morgan and wanted to be sure that she was OK."

Morgan said that the length of time Boyle had to wait between her semi-final performance and the final, a week later, had added to the pressure. "It just builds and builds and builds."

He added that Boyle, unlike the other contestants, had been subject to attention from international media and added that "a little bit of negativity crept in." But he insisted that the show's runner up was, "essentially fine".

Reports about Boyle's admission to the clinic claimed that after Saturday's final she shouted backstage "I hate this show" and threw a glass of water at a member of staff who tried to calm her. Production company talkback Thames said she was taking time out on the advice of a doctor.

Morgan denied that the defeat had shattered Boyle's dreams. "Her dream was not to win a talent competition, it was to sing professionally and she will do that." He denied reports that Boyle has already signed recording deals.

But Fred O'Neil, her friend and former voice coach, described her plight as "a tragedy", claiming fame had not brought her happiness. He told BBC Breakfast: "It's such a tragic situation, a woman who really just loves to sing, an innocent woman really, who is just caught up in this fame game."

Poor lady sad.gif

I love her; she is so funny and unassuming. Hope she gets out of the spotlight and gets to do what she wants- sing. hug2.gif

looks like she had a breakdown. she looks to be an incredible character. i wish i could meet her. unassuming, and unselfconscious, honest, genuine person. seems like the pressure was on and starting to turn her into someone she isn't. apparently exhausted and not really eating.

but she's ok. they called help for her because she must have worried some people.

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article....12114&gt1=28101

Poor lady. It had to be overwhelming to go almost overnight from an unknown living in a village barely on the map to being hounded every waking moment by complete strangers with intrusive questions and cameras. I think she was totally unprepared.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 1 2009, 04:46 AM)
Susan Boyle 'drained' by pressure sad.gif

Britain's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan said that singer Susan Boyle was emotionally drained and exhausted after being put under more pressure than any other contestant in the show. Skip related content

Morgan, who was contacted by Prime Minister Gordon Brown after the singer was admitted to a clinic at the weekend, told GMTV: "Nobody has had to put up with the kind of attention Susan has had.

"Nobody could have predicted it. It has been crazy, she has gone from anonymity to being the most downloaded woman in history."

The singer was rushed to the Priory clinic after she started acting strangely following her shock defeat to dance group Diversity on Saturday.

Gordon Brown revealed that he had contacted Piers Morgan and fellow judge Simon Cowell to check that Susan Boyle was OK. Speaking on GMTV, he added: "I hope Susan Boyle is OK because she is a really, really nice person and I think she will do well. I spoke to Simon Cowell last night and to Piers Morgan and wanted to be sure that she was OK."

Morgan said that the length of time Boyle had to wait between her semi-final performance and the final, a week later, had added to the pressure. "It just builds and builds and builds."

He added that Boyle, unlike the other contestants, had been subject to attention from international media and added that "a little bit of negativity crept in." But he insisted that the show's runner up was, "essentially fine".

Reports about Boyle's admission to the clinic claimed that after Saturday's final she shouted backstage "I hate this show" and threw a glass of water at a member of staff who tried to calm her. Production company talkback Thames said she was taking time out on the advice of a doctor.

Morgan denied that the defeat had shattered Boyle's dreams. "Her dream was not to win a talent competition, it was to sing professionally and she will do that." He denied reports that Boyle has already signed recording deals.

But Fred O'Neil, her friend and former voice coach, described her plight as "a tragedy", claiming fame had not brought her happiness. He told BBC Breakfast: "It's such a tragic situation, a woman who really just loves to sing, an innocent woman really, who is just caught up in this fame game."

Poor lady sad.gif

I love her; she is so funny and unassuming. Hope she gets out of the spotlight and gets to do what she wants- sing. hug2.gif

Very sad, I think someone might try to make all of this into a movie. Whatever happens, I hope things turn out well for her.

After her singing career is finished, she'll probably get into politics.

I could see her becoming the next UN Secretary General in fact.

Her rise can only be described as "meteoric".

Susan, inspite of all her incredible talent, probably should keep her distance from the music industry. She has apparently suffered a mental breakdown and has been admitted to hospital.

It would be safe to assume that if she were to pursue a career in show business, she wouldn't be able to deal very well with the immense pressure of being in the spotlight.

This could potentially affect her health and well being with serious consequences.

Nonetheless, she has made her mark and we wish her all the best.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 2 2009, 02:50 PM)
Susan, inspite of all her incredible talent, probably should keep her distance from the music industry. She has apparently suffered a mental breakdown and has been admitted to hospital.

It would be safe to assume that if she were to pursue a career in show business, she wouldn't be able to deal very well with the immense pressure of being in the spotlight.

This could potentially affect her health and well being with serious consequences.

Nonetheless, she has made her mark and we wish her all the best.

Boyle simply exhausted

Susan Boyle has "no underlying mental issues" and is simply exhausted, Amanda Holden insisted, as questions were raised about the care given to contestants on Britain's Got Talent.

Holden, one of the Britain's Got Talent judges, said she did not know how long Boyle would spend at the Priory, but said doctors had assured show staff the singer was mentally sound.

She told GMTV: "I understand that we've spoken to her doctors and they really have reassured us that there are no underlying mental issues and it purely is just that she's knackered, for want of a better word.

"And I think as we all keep saying, to have been thrust into such a media circus for seven weeks - it's hard enough for me, Piers and Simon to deal with, let alone somebody that's had absolutely no experience."

as anyone in her position would be.