Retro 3 Signed Lithograph

Mr. JD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Apr 17 2009, 06:09 AM)
Free? Geez! How'd I miss that! Nice get.

It was free to the first 150 people whom ordered Retro 3, I think from the 2.gif site or the record company, something like that.

The next 500 got the free 4Gig jump drive with 2.gif silkscreening.. quite nice as well. I saw one of these jump drives sell for about $40 on flea-bay.

Whats wrong with the price? It MAY be a little high but I wouldnt be surprised at all if he got a bid at $295.

I've sold a couple photos for over $500 each before, and have paid $300 for an album. If its nice and authentic it will sell eventually. If I had a couple hundred to spend I would try and get one.

That price is totally reasonable for an item, limited to 150 units, and signed by the entire band. Especially since it can be authenticated very easily.

It WILL sell.

i got an e-mail saying it will be shipped this week

1022.gif

Whats wrong with buying them "just to sell"? Does he really need to state his thought process behind buying them?

I know this is leading to(or at least insinuates) the inevitable and ridiculous argument that he should never be buying anything to resell of Rush and that he's somehow less of a fan for doing it than the people who'd never sell their's. Just thought I'd ask the obvious question-who's business is it why he bought them and what difference does it make? Unless someone here is his wife, or he stole them from Rush's office, I guess I really dont see a point in asking that of someone.

QUOTE (jebren72 @ Apr 20 2009, 04:09 PM)
Whats wrong with buying them "just to sell"? Does he really need to state his thought process behind buying them?

I know this is leading to(or at least insinuates) the inevitable and ridiculous argument that he should never be buying anything to resell of Rush and that he's somehow less of a fan for doing it than the people who'd never sell their's. Just thought I'd ask the obvious question-who's business is it why he bought them and what difference does it make? Unless someone here is his wife, or he stole them from Rush's office, I guess I really dont see a point in asking that of someone.

goodpost.gif

i am all for making a buck . the only prob i have with it is that a lot of people on this board [and not here] is they did not know they could order one and now prob can not afford $500 to get it . my guess he is not the biggest fan of the band so he really does not give a shit. my 2 cents

1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2009, 05:19 PM)

my guess he is not the biggest fan of the band so he really does not give a shit. my 2 cents

1022.gif

I know him. You are wrong.

And BTW, how is it his fault that people did not know they could order early and get one for free...or that they might not be able to afford one now?

QUOTE (job @ Apr 20 2009, 05:22 PM)

my guess he is not the biggest fan of the band so he really does not give a shit. my 2 cents

1022.gif

And BTW, how is it his fault that people did not know they could order early and get one for free...or that they might not be able to afford one now?

did i say it was his fault? no it's not. if he is that big of a fan he would not sell it. i won't sell mine and i really don't think anyone here would .

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2009, 05:32 PM)

1022.gif

did i say it was his fault? no it's not. if he is that big of a fan he would not sell it. i won't sell mine and i really don't think anyone here would .

You clearly implied it with the "only prob I have...' preface.

As for the "big" fan comment: he got multiple copies and is most certainly keeping one. I won't sell mine either, but if I had a second one, I would...in a second.

QUOTE (job @ Apr 20 2009, 05:38 PM)

1022.gif

As for the "big" fan comment: he got multiple copies and is most certainly keeping one.

please don't tell me what implied because if i thought it i would say it . he has multiple copies and he is keeping one? what's he doing with the other ones? my guess is selling them after he finds a sucker to pay $500 for the first one . i am not here to fight with you bro

1022.gif

I've bought, sold and owned probably 50 signed Rush items, and no one is any bigger fan of Rush than I am(though I'm sure many are equal).

Selling or holding onto an autograph is no indication of ones level of fandom. It just means you kept or sold an autograph. Everyone has different reasons for holding onto or letting go of things. If no one sold them, how would anyone like me who missed it ever get one of the signed lithos?

Neither am I...I'm just trying to dig your logic.

Like I said, I know the guy. He's a real Rush fan. He's keeping one and selling the others at what will eventually be an extremely fair price. Don't see anything worng with that.

QUOTE (jebren72 @ Apr 20 2009, 05:45 PM)
I've bought, sold and owned probably 50 signed Rush items, and no one is any bigger fan of Rush than I am(though I'm sure many are equal).

Selling or holding onto an autograph is no indication of ones level of fandom. It just means you kept or sold an autograph. Everyone has different reasons for holding onto or letting go of things. If no one sold them, how would anyone like me who missed it ever get one of the signed lithos?

i see what you are saying but for me, if i bought it why sell it .

QUOTE (jebren72 @ Apr 20 2009, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 16 2009, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 16 2009, 05:51 PM)
[ http://cgi.ebay.com/RUSH-RETROSPECTIVE-3-A...93%3A1|294%3A50

PICTURE OF ONE OF 150 LITHO PRINTS

You're the seller? Did you buy them just to auction?

Woops sorry-forgot to quote what I was referencing

No problem.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2009, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (job @ Apr 20 2009, 05:38 PM)

1022.gif

As for the "big" fan comment: he got multiple copies and is most certainly keeping one.

please don't tell me what implied because if i thought it i would say it . he has multiple copies and he is keeping one? what's he doing with the other ones? my guess is selling them after he finds a sucker to pay $500 for the first one . i am not here to fight with you bro

1022.gif

Selling them for $500 is ridiculous, considering it was free.............but whatever. I can't see why anyone would pay that. I love Rush, but I wouldn't pay anything for it. My 2 cents.

History Lesson- RUSH sold autograph book 500 items for $500 each

2112 & power windows lith- band signed - 2,500- $400 each

This is fair market value

Don't want it don't bid

Archived