Who was the best Captain? Why?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best Captain? Why?

• James Tiberius Kirk
    • Jean Luc Picard
    • Jonathon Archer
    • Who cares? You are a bunch of nerds.

'dat necropost

Now it's Picard. As it should be. TV show Picard is the finest Captain to be featured on Star Trek.

If we were talking movie Picard, then Kirk would be better. Movie Picard is a madman.

• Like 1

Jonathan Archer was great and it was tragic that show got cancelled so early, as Enterprise was truly excellent and only getting better.

Kirk is a legend - one of the great alpha male characters ever.

Alas, I have a soft spot in my heart for Jean Luc Picard. No, he wasn't the lady's man and all around sly fox that Kirk was, but he led with brains and heart and conscience.

And was so often the case Rushgoober was right on the money. Could not have put it any better.

Wonder what happened to goober. He stopped at 29999 posts and vanished. A real pity since I always enjoyed his posts and frequently agreed with him. Hope he returns someday.

That being said I would also add that, in Picards case the Klingons respected him a great deal. Counts for a lot.

If the poll was modified to include Sisko and Janeway my vote would still go to Picard. Got a ton of respect for Sisko however and really liked him. Janeway?? No way. By far my least favorite of the 5 captains and my least favorite of all 5 shows.

• Like 1