Victor Wooten - Bass Trubute

mfratt

I'm listening to a few songs by Victor Wooten et al, and I come across one called "Bass Tribute"

Basically a Tribute to all the great bass players of the world (check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0NYQC_sCPs )

Why no mention of Geddy Lee?

Theres even a reprise with a whole bunch more names in it - still no Ged. How can he go unmentioned!

I demand that Rush fans riot in the streets!

ph34r.gif

Its mostly jazz and funk players named, which is not that suprising.

Not sure of the video but it showed lots of people not metioned in the song. Billy Sheehan, John Myung etc.

I've seen Victor several times with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Amazing player.

QUOTE (mfratt @ Mar 9 2009, 12:35 PM)

I demand that Rush fans riot in the streets!

ph34r.gif

laugh.gif

Ya!

This is a call out for all Rush fans to storm your state capitol/provincial legislature!!

We can't have this!!

1287.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 9 2009, 02:14 PM)
Its mostly jazz and funk players named, which is not that suprising.

Not sure of the video but it showed lots of people not metioned in the song. Billy Sheehan, John Myung etc.

I've seen Victor several times with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Amazing player.

Yeah, Wooten's a jazz cat/ jam band guy who would be more likely to mention Jack Bruce than Geddy. Ged doesn't improvise or shred enough for a guy like Wooten.

Geddy is my all time favorite bass player and being a bass player myself, I know Ged is very good. However, Victa is on a whole other level and is primarily jazz/funk/whatever besides rock based. He is a humble guy though and I am sure if you asked him what he thought of Geddy as a player he would be complimentary.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 9 2009, 04:37 PM)
Ged doesn't improvise or shred enough for a guy like Wooten.

egg zakk lee

1022.gif

Archived